#141 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:14 AM

View PostDulahan, on 26 July 2014 - 09:50 PM, said:

The Founders stuff ALONE makes your argument invalid.

I have a hard time saving up for a single mech, despite maybe getting 5-10 hours. I just FINALLY bit off the bullet to buy the Advanced Targeting Retention module, or whatever it is called. And weeped, because it means I'm probably going to spend a MONTH just to afford the first Clan mech I'll get with C-Bills, or whatever new IS Mech comes out if it is one I'm interested in (Black Knight lands? IT WILL BE MINE!!!). That 6 Million took me much of a month of my free time playing just to afford.

I've -never- had more than 12 Million or so. EVER. And that was when I was most active. Sadly most of that went just to upgrading Phoenix Mechs.

No, this game is a bloody grind to play. It takes forever to get just one mech. I dread the grind to afford a set of 3.

Eh, I dunno. I play maybe 5 hours a week. I've 66 mechs now, and while I've bought some with real money (also phoenix overlord, after all) at least half of those mechs where purchased with cbills.

I often have premium time running though, or at least when I'm going to be playing a lot (* a lot as being defined as more than 5 hours a week). I don't object to this, though - it's basically a subscription for the game. Alternatively, I'll tool around in a Hero mech when I'm working on a new chassis - buy the hero instead of premium time for the month, still get a cbill bonus. What's more, that cbill bonus stays with me, so I can use those mechs for cbill "grinding" later.

Income is slow, but not intolerably slow. I, too, don't think I've ever had more than ~12m cbills, mostly because once I'm getting to that point I may as well buy a new shiny. What's the point in having more cbills on hand? What does that number do for me? A new mech, though, that's fun =)

#142 Cion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 750 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:59 AM

View PostKaden Kildares, on 27 July 2014 - 01:27 AM, said:

I don't think the grind is the major problem. (Although its long) You can play League of Legends and it takes just as long to grind for a New character. The problem with MWO is you need to do that 3 times to "MAXIMIZE a character" because you need to get it to Elite.

That's exactly my thought. The "grind" is more or less on par with other F2P games, the problem is the skill system because you really need those x2 basic skills, so you need those 3 mechs. Now that being said, even though it's bad it's not THAT bad because you can resell mechs (yes at a horrible price). Most of us don't like to sell mechs, so we make the grind even worse.

Anyway, after the first few chassis the grind is to add variety to the game, you already should have elited chassis to play efficiently, and therefore it is not needed, it's optional.

Edit: phone spelling

Edited by Cion, 27 July 2014 - 07:00 AM.

#143 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:39 AM

View PostShredhead, on 09 July 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

So, we'll be talking 16 million CBills + 8x Omnipods + weapons/JJ for a Mad Cat (16 mil already have 5 fixed DHS, 375 XL and costs for Endo/Ferro in it). That should be roughly 20 million CBills per variant. So now here's your saving goal for the best mech in this game. You have time until December.

They are in line with pricing for IS mechs + equip, so what are you bitchin' about? Imho they should be even more expensive to account for the better survivability of clan engines.
Also the weapons still need quite a tweaking to bring them in line with IS weapons.

Actually, according to two people who have done the math, Timby's won't even be 16 mil for the most expensive one.

As posted earlier in this thread, courtesy to Flying Fox 333:
https://docs.google....RoSQ/edit#gid=0

And also Mechwarrior Mousse:

http://mwomercs.com/...ated-7-22-2014/

Some numbers are different between the two, but most are the same...not sure if the spreadsheet just took the numbers from the thread and made it look pretty or not.

Anyhow, it's been accurate for the first two mechs, we'll see how it fares with more releases.

#144 Kell Commander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 537 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

While I like your Cbill model and find it highly consistent, I still think you need to rethink your MC model. A 300 MC mech bay is the only thing in the game I feel is reasonably priced.

#145 A Man In A Can

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 27 July 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

Some numbers are different between the two, but most are the same...not sure if the spreadsheet just took the numbers from the thread and made it look pretty or not.

Looking at his numbers, it seems as if there are some inaccuracies compared to mine. For example the prices he gives for Standard Armor is off. I have confirmed with IS mechs that the price per point of IS Standard Armor is 313 c-bills per point, and the recent revealing of the Nova MC prices have shown that this is also the same price for Clan Standard Armor.

Also a few of his additional heatsink numbers are off (there are seven extra heatsinks on the Dire Wolf prime and A) so he will have to go back and correct anything of the sort. That's all I can see with a brief glance.

So no, I don't think he took my numbers and made them pretty. He probably did his own math and just chose to put them in a spreadsheet to begin with.

Either way, I do agree the numbers are proving to be correct (barring that Nova S where you get a FREE AMS and Active Probe and that Kit Fox Prime where magically the cost of LBX 5 ammo is 15030 not 5010 cuz Russ said so :)). Indeed, we shall see in the coming months how many more chassis's costs will have been correctly predicted.

Oh. And I've also proven that Smurfy's mechlab prices are way off when building your own loadouts because the base price for the chassis (meaning a completely stripped mech) on his website is exactly the same as the fully loaded stock price. ;)

Humans and math I tell ya....

Edited by Mechwarrior Mousse, 27 July 2014 - 04:07 PM.

#146 Sully

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostElCadaver, on 08 July 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

I have 21 mil C-bills atm. I doubt I will be able to save enough even for the direwolf variants by the time they are available for c-bills in September (circa 25-29 mil c-bills each according to Sarna, so probably more on MWO).

Been saving my c-bills since the announcement of clan mechs. Have about $134 million so far. I refuse to pay more money to PGI until they fix the weapons and get rid of ghost heat. I'll get my clan mechs eventually. Until then, I have to deal with the "pay-to-winners" as best I can...

#147 Flying Fox 333

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:33 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 27 July 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

I calculated it from scratch using Russ's price breakdown as a guide only. The official prices of the KitFox Prime for instance seems to be off with regard to the LBX ammo. And I noticed recently with the Nova S the price is a lot off. I think Mousse is right in suggesting that the clan active probe and AMS may be excluded from the official price.

View PostMechwarrior Mousse, on 27 July 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

Looking at his numbers, it seems as if there are some inaccuracies compared to mine. For example the prices he gives for Standard Armor is off. I have confirmed with IS mechs that the price per point of IS Standard Armor is 313 c-bills per point, and the recent revealing of the Nova MC prices have shown that this is also the same price for Clan Standard Armor.

Also a few of his additional heatsink numbers are off (there are seven extra heatsinks on the Dire Wolf prime and A) so he will have to go back and correct anything of the sort. That's all I can see with a brief glance.

So no, I don't think he took my numbers and made them pretty. He probably did his own math and just chose to put them in a spreadsheet to begin with.

I didn't know about Mousse's calculations until I read Mcgral18's post. You are correct on both accounts that I did my own math and started from a blank spreadsheet. I did so as I hadn't seen a complete breakdown for all the mechs posted elsewhere.

Thanks for the confirmation of the price of the clan standard armour is the same as the IS version. I had to guess that as I don't own any clan mechs myself and the old UI used to tell you that.

With regard to the Dire Wolf, it should be correct. I did notice however that I forgot to add one more non-fixed heatsink to the Prime and have made that correction.

My goal was just to make these calculations for others so they can save the necessary C-Bills for the mechs they are planning to buy.

Edited by Flying Fox 333, 26 August 2014 - 04:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users