A+ Matchmaker

8 replies to this topic

#1 amisu

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:54 AM

Posted Image

I thought i saw everything but the matchmaker proves me wrong again!

2 clan mechs & TRIAL LANCE ---vs--- 11 clan mechs

For top tier lols please check the tonnage of both teams.

My sides.

#2 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

Out-Elo'd and out-tonned...they had 5/5/2/0 in weight class distribution, and you had 3/5/2/2. Matchmaker must have blown more than a few valves on that one.

#3 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

View PostMalineczka, on 10 July 2014 - 04:54 AM, said:

I thought i saw everything but the matchmaker proves me wrong again!

2 clan mechs & TRIAL LANCE ---vs--- 11 clan mechs

For top tier lols please check the tonnage of both teams.

My sides.

Just curious, but about how long were you waiting for the match to load? I've noticed from my observation that sometimes the longer the match takes to connect and load, the more off balance in tonnage it becomes.

#4 Panzerbjorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:36 AM

I think a lot of people mistook the 4x3 rules for the new MM - PGI certainly did a poor job at making the logic clear. 4x3 ONLY works for 12-man teams, so if you're queuing up in a less-than-12 team, your team by itself will be bound by the 4x3 rule but all of the other groups in your drop-team have their own 4x3 rule - so it's still not only possible but also very likely that by mixing two or more groups into one team the 4x3 rule will be broken in a drop. This is expected behavior. Unless you're in a 12-man group, 4x3 isn't a guarantee.

Also, lawlz about the trial mechs - trial mechs suck and almost always run very hot, having a lance of them on your team is a severe liability regardless of whether you're facing IS or Clan mechs. Further, the Elo system is not perfect, depending on the time of day you could have top-tier Elo versus newbies or average quality players (the Elo range is 0-2800 and the MM acceptable distance is 1400, making for a 50% skill spread - when there are few teams dropping it's possible to get the full spread).

#5 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

I'd like to know what my ELO rating is... why isn't this posted on our statistics, PGI?

#6 Panzerbjorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:00 AM

View PostGrendel408, on 10 July 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

I'd like to know what my ELO rating is... why isn't this posted on our statistics, PGI?

Because people would abuse their Elo (more) if they actually knew what the real value is. Competitive teams would have a few of their members intentionally lose a few dozen games every week to drop the team's overall Elo so they can PUG-stomp for lulz. BTW - this type of sandbagging is already really easy to do if you have a couple dozen mechs (and who doesn't these days?) Just drop into a PUG match and immediately disconnect over and over again. For even better effect, drop in a team of 4 and all four of your disconnect - you're sure to drop Elo ranks like a champ in only about 30 minutes of doing this.

#7 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:47 AM

I never understood the mentality people have to abuse games, laws, etc... don't get me wrong, everyone bends a rule here and there. But, abusing and exploiting flaws is just as good as cheating in my book. Kind of like the use of Macros... what the Devs envisioned v. what's being used now is wrong... Why have an ELO rating at all? In BF4 I drop into a round with players ranging between Rank 1 to over Rank 100... do the higher ranked players have an advantage? Yeah, better equipped weapons, but it doesn't stop the lower ranked player from progressing... the higher your rank in BF4 the slower your actual account progression. Maybe MWO could implement something like this as the MM system is still buggy.

#8 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:04 PM

View PostPanzerbjorn, on 10 July 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

I think a lot of people mistook the 4x3 rules for the new MM - PGI certainly did a poor job at making the logic clear. 4x3 ONLY works for 12-man teams, so if you're queuing up in a less-than-12 team, your team by itself will be bound by the 4x3 rule but all of the other groups in your drop-team have their own 4x3 rule - so it's still not only possible but also very likely that by mixing two or more groups into one team the 4x3 rule will be broken in a drop. This is expected behavior. Unless you're in a 12-man group, 4x3 isn't a guarantee.

Even when the MM can't do a 4x3 on both sides, it tries to at least make an even match with whatever is out there. In the OP's situation though, it wasn't so even on the weight class distribution.

#9 Dirty Old Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

Today ... Matchmaker took me through the park and gangbanged me....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users