True Solo Queue: How Are The Liaos Doing ?

44 replies to this topic

#41 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:13 PM

There should be a place in CW for Solo, "Lance" and "Company" queues. If there isn't, they need to go back to the drawing board.

That said, unless this issue with the Group Queue is fixed, people will come back, get ticked and quit again and this time maybe to not return.

Regardless, it's bad and until it is fixed, people will stay away.

#42 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:59 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 18 July 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

There should be a place in CW for Solo, "Lance" and "Company" queues. If there isn't, they need to go back to the drawing board.

That said, unless this issue with the Group Queue is fixed, people will come back, get ticked and quit again and this time maybe to not return.

Regardless, it's bad and until it is fixed, people will stay away.

Might be also a case of over inflated ELO when it comes to groups.

Match making in SOLO queue does feel better for the most part.

Meanwhile... Ahhh... Tunnel Rush !! Certainly reminded me of the good'ole Closed Beta days. :(
Randomness of Solo Queue... Good stuff..

Edited by ShinVector, 20 July 2014 - 12:00 AM.

#43 Lokisonn

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

Well part of it is also because people wanted variable groups of 2-11. Hopefully the updated matchmaker makes a better effort to match smaller groups. Groups of 12 should expect to wait longer but outside of prime time US, I expect smaller groups will still run in to 12-mans.

As for community warfare,I wished they gave us some kind of frame work already so the community can discuss possible drawbacks. I'm not sure how they are going to implement territorial gain for faction warfare.

#44 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

View PostShinVector, on 19 July 2014 - 11:59 PM, said:

Might be also a case of over inflated ELO when it comes to groups.

Match making in SOLO queue does feel better for the most part.

Meanwhile... Ahhh... Tunnel Rush !! Certainly reminded me of the good'ole Closed Beta days. ;)
Randomness of Solo Queue... Good stuff..

After learning that Elo is not based on W/L but rather beating the odds of winning or losing, I don't think this is the case. Best I can figure is I've been in too many games I should have lost, and lost too many games I should have won.

Also, I have a curiosity if Elo declines slower than it increases when the same margins for victory and loss are calculated? They should I would suspect, but I'm given the impression they don't. I suspect groups just averages Elo out and this is 'hiding' high Elo players who should win a match among low Elo players who shouldn't win because of the nature of grouping and shared Elo. If the above method is true, this would cause low elo players to rise too high too quickly, and get stuck against opponents they shouldn't be facing with little ability to get back down. On the other hand, the high elo players would barely change because they are supposed to win even if they were solo.

I'm not sure if this is true, but I think this would explain a lot.

If anyone can find a thread that has a Dev explaining how Elo actually works, I'd love to see it again.

#45 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

They have never explained ELO, or how it breaks down, they refused to state how it operates so that people cant 'game' the system

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users