True Solo Queue: How Are The Liaos Doing ?

44 replies to this topic

#1 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

Talk about major ninja patches.
http://mwomercs.com/...solo-group-only

Anyone have any idea when they did this ?

No wonder my games recently felt so, un-organised with more either being a stomp on my side or the other. Think Wanderer was in one of them...

In any case, solo queue is new experience and seems to be VERY challenging if you want to influence the match in your favour in a Light.
I like challenges !!

#2 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

Honestly, haven't noticed. I don't drop by myself but once in a blue moon.

#3 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:38 AM

Last two nights was a different experience for me... Pending further those on how to adjust to make go my way..
Saw some other posts suggesting to be more aggressive so, pug follow you into battle..

Defence line method that works with veteran players seems to not work with them pugs... They just still die...
Might be a light mech can't carry as much as a heavier mech issue.. meh..

#4 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:45 AM

It seems to have been pretty Ninja. I'm fairly sure when the new MM went live 2-4 man groups were not being put into the solo queue because there was a twitter post where RB said that they turned that on to get data and what not sometime after the patch went live. Sounds like they've reversed that permanently.

#5 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:56 AM

Ok... Tried out super aggressive mode on the good old Liao Raven 4X..
Worked out well tonight.. 5 straight wins.. Lol..

#6 Lokisonn

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

hmmm been out for 6months due to work loads but about to come back soon. Time to check out the new queue. I wonder how well mediums carry the team now

#7 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

Solo or the "Rampunk" queue as I'm calling it is developing a new meta. It's called self sufficiency and it's turning out to be an irritating thing. The team that works together most wins. The team that says nothing and does its own thing as individuals trying to be THE hero of the game gets a mudhole stomped in it.

The trolling of other gamers is higher. The communication is less and it's "Man Mode" for everyone, and may the powers that be shine upon you if you're so foolish as to believe people are going to work with you if you're a support mech. It's all pop/brawl tarding all the time now.

BTW, Shin, I agree, you got your challenge here. Really get challenged and run a LRMboat. If you're lucky... someone might... MIGHT spot for you. LOL Actually, LRMishers do okay. Ultimately, this queue is a good thing. Now for PGI to fix the mess of the group queue and split it into a 'solo/lance' and 5+ queues.

#8 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

Stompy Stomp stomp..... Solo queue is still fun, even though it is challenging with everyone playing for themself. Maybe the way to defeat that is to sync drop solo?

#9 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:11 AM

View PostStoneblade, on 11 July 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

Stompy Stomp stomp..... Solo queue is still fun, even though it is challenging with everyone playing for themself. Maybe the way to defeat that is to sync drop solo?

Could have been a bit more accurate... But I like the fact there was no real retaliation to the PPC abuse...
LOL..

Edit: Opps uploaded the unedited one. Will replace it shortly.

Edited by ShinVector, 12 July 2014 - 04:11 AM.

#10 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:23 AM

View PostStoneblade, on 11 July 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

We did this last night more the entertainment value of chasing our friends round the battlefield in a bit of friendly solo competition, made for an interesting night and turned some of the matches interesting.

#11 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:24 AM

Sync dropping is still a way you can break the solo queue, but it's cheesy and basically says "I suck in the group queue, gonna stomp PUGs".

That being said, solo is challenging and random and I don't run into folks like heimdelight doing it, so hey! Good by me.

#12 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

View Postwanderer, on 12 July 2014 - 05:24 AM, said:

Sync dropping is still a way you can break the solo queue, but it's cheesy and basically says "I suck in the group queue, gonna stomp PUGs".

That being said, solo is challenging and random and I don't run into folks like heimdelight doing it, so hey! Good by me.

Don't need a group to stomp pugs... :P

#13 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:23 PM

No... it says "It's more fun to play with friends even if I'm shooting at them together in the same TS". It also says "I'm sick of being forced to suffer roflstomps at the hand of esport competative groups who're running practice time or being jerks and want to just have fun with friends."

Edited by Kjudoon, 12 July 2014 - 01:24 PM.

#14 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

You might want to reconsider that churlish statement.

#15 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

I noticed an increase in team damage and getting run over (I'm a light, I need that leg armor!).
Especially by clan mechs.
Especially by Twolfs.

So, I tend to keep as far away from twolfs as possible.

Aside from that... the more ams, ecm and tag/narc your team has and the more you stick together, the more likely you are to win.

#16 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 12 July 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

You might want to reconsider that churlish statement.

Not at all. If you're dropping in a group against 12 random soloers, you're PUGstomping. There is no fair reason to attempt to drop as a group in the solo queue other than this, and it's quite clear that since even 2-4 mans aren't in solo queue anymore, the idea is that a group should never be in there to begin with. You are a group that isn't good enough to just form up and get into the group queue? You're looking for an unfair fight. That, IMHO is the height of "churlishness".

Sync dropping is an attempt to cheat the solo queue at this point. You want to shoot your friends on TS only? Private match. You want to form a group with whatever friends are on to play? No more "2-4 or 12 or go home" excuse. You want to sync drop? Just no. The other players picked it because they didn't want TS-linked groups to fight, and you're attempting to break the very system that's there to allow it.

View PostKjudoon, on 12 July 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

No... it says "It's more fun to play with friends even if I'm shooting at them together in the same TS". It also says "I'm sick of being forced to suffer roflstomps at the hand of esport competative groups who're running practice time or being jerks and want to just have fun with friends."

You're in the group queue and getting roflstomped? Grats. That's what happens when someone is better than you are, and it isn't just hordes of wanna-be Lords in 12-mans eating your face. It's teamwork being OP. You want that OPness for yourself when you sync drop, because you're stomping soloers because they're silent targets and you're the big bad horde that rolls them instead.

Again- sync dropping is using solo PUGgers for target practice and hosing their game to soothe your feelings of inferiority when the group queue touched you in the no-no place. It's supposed to be the sanctuary for the underhive, and you're trying to destroy it by sticking a group specifically where PGI doesn't want any groups to be in the first place.

Private matches to play with your friends in groups. Group queue if you can handle people playing better than giant robot tiddlywinks and you want to improve. Solo queue if you don't want to climb Mount Tryhard every time you get into a game. Sync drop if you're a bottom feeder that wants to deliberately imbalance a match in your favor and stomp PUGs.

You have better options to play with friends in groups. Sync dropping is none of them and is no longer needed, and only serves as a way to roflstomp others the way you get mashed to a pulp in a group when a much better one comes along.

#17 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:42 PM

Wow, what an attitude! Chip on shoulder!

Sorry my friend, but you have badly mis-interpreted what people are saying.I solo drop and group play and did so before the patch. The group queue IS worse than solo dropping before ever was.
Though thankfully the latest "fix" seems to have reduced small teams facing the larger comp teams and 9+ premades.
I never dropped in a 2-4 man before to "stomp" pugs, I simply wanted to play with my mates. That went from a casual night's fun with my mates to play-like-it's-a -tourney-or-not-bother.

Also, you seem to think people get mashed when the other group is "better." Not always so matey. Try 4 small groups vs an 11 man all chain dropping consumables on cooldown with ALL the heaviest mechs in their group-not fun. Before you MIGHT have had a 4 man with maybe another 2 man on the enemy team.
Trust me, it's a LOT different.
You however, seem to be brimming with joy that people who made an effort and got a couple of peeps together are now being punished by being force fed to 9+ comp teams as "practice."

Beating 4 peeps on TS is a LOT easier than beating 12. What will you do when CW comes out and this will be your lot too? Might be our turn to catch the tears no?

Edited by kamiko kross, 17 July 2014 - 09:28 AM.

#18 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

View Postwanderer, on 16 July 2014 - 06:00 PM, said:

Not at all. If you're dropping in a group against 12 random soloers, you're PUGstomping. There is no fair reason to attempt to drop as a group in the solo queue other than this, and it's quite clear that since even 2-4 mans aren't in solo queue anymore, the idea is that a group should never be in there to begin with. You are a group that isn't good enough to just form up and get into the group queue? You're looking for an unfair fight. That, IMHO is the height of "churlishness".

Sync dropping is an attempt to cheat the solo queue at this point. You want to shoot your friends on TS only? Private match. You want to form a group with whatever friends are on to play? No more "2-4 or 12 or go home" excuse. You want to sync drop? Just no. The other players picked it because they didn't want TS-linked groups to fight, and you're attempting to break the very system that's there to allow it.

You're in the group queue and getting roflstomped? Grats. That's what happens when someone is better than you are, and it isn't just hordes of wanna-be Lords in 12-mans eating your face. It's teamwork being OP. You want that OPness for yourself when you sync drop, because you're stomping soloers because they're silent targets and you're the big bad horde that rolls them instead.

Again- sync dropping is using solo PUGgers for target practice and hosing their game to soothe your feelings of inferiority when the group queue touched you in the no-no place. It's supposed to be the sanctuary for the underhive, and you're trying to destroy it by sticking a group specifically where PGI doesn't want any groups to be in the first place.

Private matches to play with your friends in groups. Group queue if you can handle people playing better than giant robot tiddlywinks and you want to improve. Solo queue if you don't want to climb Mount Tryhard every time you get into a game. Sync drop if you're a bottom feeder that wants to deliberately imbalance a match in your favor and stomp PUGs.

You have better options to play with friends in groups. Sync dropping is none of them and is no longer needed, and only serves as a way to roflstomp others the way you get mashed to a pulp in a group when a much better one comes along.

Wait... so now it's "Pay 2 Enjoy and Pay 2 Advance"? Pass. I'll find another game I can enjoy for free.

#19 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:02 PM

Hmmm.. This thread is going off in a weird direction..

Anyway been having less fun due to the increase usage of the new CLRMS and Streaks..
Maybe I am just too tired to play properly recently. Get upset every time I notice my lasers hitting not doing damage that you deserve. oh well...

Meanwhile.. Seeing more instances of not carrying hard enough.. We will see how it goes next week when I am more free.

#20 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:52 AM

Trolling with some of the stupidest builds possible and killing people with it.
Only for SOLO pug !

Edited by ShinVector, 17 July 2014 - 08:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users