Replace Those Droppoints!

10 replies to this topic

#1 Lt Badger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

skirmish, assault mech

hpg, beta lance: get just overrun by TWO enemy lances, no space and time to do something, dead in 1 min, team couln´t help... too far

river city charlie lance: get killed TWICE in 2 min by enemy med/light lance, rest of team somewhere on the map, couldn´t help

river city night: same like river city

caustic valley, charlie lance: get killed by enemy lance, after joining a match 1 min later than others, no chance to survive

ALL IN LAST FEW MATCHES!!!

I AM NOT WAITING ABOUT 15 MIN TO START A GAME AND GET KILLED IN FIRST 2 MIN BECAUSE ENEMIES`RE TOO CLOSE TO MY DROP POINT AND I GET NO CHANCE TO PLAY!!!

IT SUCKS!!!

PUT THOSE [redacted] DROP POINTS FURTHER AWAY FROM ENEMY DROP POINTS AND CLOSER TO OWN TEAM!!!

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 11 July 2014 - 05:42 PM.
Language

#2 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:42 AM

1. The current drop points were made so because of whining by 52kph fatlases who didn't want to have to waddle to battle.

2. the current conquest points were created because there's either nowhere else to put them on small maps or the whining from the same 52kph fatlases made them 'lose out' on most of the game getting to 1 point while the lights had a field day AS THEY SHOULD. Not to mention the brawltards screaming that it was too much capture on conquest and not enough brawling. :D

3. Don't expect a change any time soon if ever. This cow done left the barn, escaped the pasture, got hit by a truck and dragged off to a meatpacking plant and is now a manager's special on chopped beef at your local 'Publix, Meijers or Copps'.

4. Really? such language!

Edited by Kjudoon, 11 July 2014 - 10:50 AM.

#3 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

Sounds more like a case of "My team ditched me because they consider me too slow". I hate it when they do that. There is a reason, if I see a slow mech straggling behind, I will run to their side and stay with them (within reason).

I once played a Stock Awesome in matches. I was left behind and then my teammates blasted me about how "useless I was and how I should be faster". I liked Direwolves in my Stock Awesome, we traveled together. Death fell to anyone who we saw...

#4 amisu

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

That one spawn in River City is for sure the worst in the entire game.

Other ones are bearable in my opinion but there is one map you didn't mention - Frozen City. I mean that spawn:

Posted Image

I hate that spawn. If you're in slow moving mech, skilled opponents will already strike you while you are entering the city, and the LRM shower will follow shortly.

View PostKjudoon, on 11 July 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

Wow. Because of some F words (with asterisks)? You sir must really have a sheltered life.

Posted Image

Regards

Edited by Malineczka, 11 July 2014 - 11:41 AM.

#5 Lt Badger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 11 July 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

1. The current drop points were made so because of whining by 52kph fatlases who didn't want to have to waddle to battle.

2. the current conquest points were created because there's either nowhere else to put them on small maps or the whining from the same 52kph fatlases made them 'lose out' on most of the game getting to 1 point while the lights had a field day AS THEY SHOULD. Not to mention the brawltards screaming that it was too much capture on conquest and not enough brawling. :D

3. Don't expect a change any time soon if ever. This cow done left the barn, escaped the pasture, got hit by a truck and dragged off to a meatpacking plant and is now a manager's special on chopped beef at your local 'Publix, Meijers or Copps'.

this was before clan mechs, LRMs and turrets so far as i recall

the game has changed, tactics has changed, operating allone - no go, u were lrmed, operating as a lance was and is an option, but in mostly matches i´ve played the team try to stuck together and regroup first and operate as a team
most assault players´re not longer seek the enemies, they´re trying to join own team and wasting much time on some maps like alpine, or even caustic where the enemies´re closer than own team and that should be a reason to change those drop points

another thing is hpg, two entrances for each team, two lances at one, one lance on another one
beeing in those one lance u´ve to hope enemies do not overrun you with both lances and they´re closer to your entrance than the rest of your team

river city/ night?
in assault mode are the drop points much closer than skirmish, but since turrets it is not more funny to play assault for me

only what i want is to eliminate the dependence of drop point whether u´ve a chance to play or not

4. i´m sorry, i was angry and i allmost never learned english at the school, i learned it on my own

Edited by Lt Badger, 11 July 2014 - 11:47 AM.

#6 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

Well don't take my statement on language too personally. I'm a member of the Seraphim, and that means no profanity. Well, none gets over TS or in a forum at least. As a former trucker I can swear with the best of them and the wit to make it extra scathing. But sometimes it's fun to play with the reputation in a good natured manner. In TS some days I sound like Ned Flanders crossed with Jimmy Naguminie from Mennominee.

#7 Panzerbjorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

Simple fix, PGI: allow teams/lances to choose their drop points on the map. That's more realistic anyway.

#8 Lt Badger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

View PostMalineczka, on 11 July 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

That one spawn in River City is for sure the worst in the entire game.

Other ones are bearable in my opinion but there is one map you didn't mention - Frozen City. I mean that spawn:

Posted Image

I hate that spawn. If you're in slow moving mech, skilled opponents will already strike you while you are entering the city, and the LRM shower will follow shortly.

i forgot that one, i didn´t get this map in my quickly-die-series ;)

View PostPanzerbjorn, on 11 July 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

Simple fix, PGI: allow teams/lances to choose their drop points on the map. That's more realistic anyway.

interessting idea, but i think it would be more confusing, you´ve to take lance command first, comunicate with other lance leader and discuss where were the best drop point... i don´t think it works

fixed points are ok, but close enought to regroup without getting enemy fire in first-ever minute of a game, or prefer one team

btw, have you noticed that the team leader can change assignment of the lances, but the mechs are still in their "old" drop points and need to regroup first?

#9 Lt Badger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:59 AM

this video shows exactly what i mean

thx to ShinVector for that video :D

a light mech can reach this enemy drop point under 30 sec (1:20 - 1:44) and tagret/attack a assault, other lance members can be there within 1 min with med and fast heavy, or simply lauch their LRMs along with other lance and you as a player of this enemy assault have no chance and will be killed in the shortest time, you can only hope to get cover behind that ship

opossite side of this map is worse, you don´t have anything to take cover, if you stay there, you are dead, if you walk, you have to cross that open area to join your team and would allmost LRMed

in almost all matches i´ve played, each one who starts at this drop points understandably try to leave them as fast as possible and iwith a slow assault you are alone within few seconds

another thing is that not all players join the game at the same time, much of them, like me, starts sometimes a few seconds up to 1 min later, sometimes 2 min, you join the game to see your mech explode

it is not a critism of this playstyle, seen tactically it is very good, i´ve also no problem to be killed doing something stupid, or if enemies´re still more capable, but beeing killed, because enemies´ve better opportunities due to their better start points, that is frustrating

Edited by Lt Badger, 14 July 2014 - 06:05 AM.

#10 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:17 AM

if lance mates would stick together, wouldn't be a huge deal.

#11 Baldain

• Pip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

I agree with Lt Badger. With hit detection being bogus as it is and light's being so over powered why not move the lances closer to each other. Mastered my light mech's in no time flat, the Dire wolves take for ever as they are missile fodder not long after being spotted on the battlefield. No AMS or ECM, what were the designer's thinking when they made them. They obviously weren't planning on driving them themselves, and then to dump them in the worst possible spot 100% of the time. Only one PUG in 50 matches did the lights come to the heavy's, most of the time they run the opposite direction from them. I only PUG now as the last 2 mech groups I joined died from people giving up on this game. So why not make it more fun for PUG's ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users