Narc - Multiple Hits And What About Friendly Fire

6 replies to this topic

#1 Ballimbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

There are some details I wonder about NARC, so I just throw them in here, maybe someone knows:

1. Do multiple NARCs stack together to provide better boni? Only thing I found about NARC is, that it "increases" missile lock on during 30 secs. But not excatly how "much" of a increased lock on. If a target is already NARCed, and it gets hit by another NARC, what happens? Does that increase in missile lock on is boosted even more, or does that second NARC overwrite the first one (beginning a new "NARC effect" from that moment on - effectly prolonging the NARC effect). Or does it go wasted alltogether? If it somehow stacks - think about a NARCboat, to NARCotise every one on sight :D

2. What about friendly "fire" with NARCs? If we - accidentally of course - hit a team member with that NARC, does that friendly mech gehts increased lock on from enemy missiles and could it even lose its ecm?

(P.S. Not sure if this is the right forum for equippement / game mechanics questions...)

Edited by Ballimbo, 11 July 2014 - 02:59 PM.

#2 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

AFAIK

1) Multiple Narcs do not stack (or at least aren't supposed to) in the same way that multiple TAGs do not stack.

2) There is no "friendly fire" with Narc just as there is no effect to TAGing a friendly.

#3 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

friendly fire on narcs would spawn so many trolls that the servers would explode

#4 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

Yeah no friendly fire on narc, tried it. Was out in a missile heavy build on alpine and didnt get to shoot a single narc, was standing there with a friendly twolf capping while team went to go kill a disconnected guy so I was giving him a liberal application of narc dots.

Sad that they didnt show up visably, would have been hilarious and I would have had to set out to put nipples on every atlas I saw.

#5 Pekiti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:42 AM

I have tested this extensively in private matches. NARC does not affect allies in any way, nor does TAG. Multiple Narcs do not stack benefit, each lasts 20 seconds (30 for Clan tech). The enhanced NARC module extends that duration as well.

#6 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:43 AM

Duration is enhanced by 10 seconds with the module.

#7 Ballimbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:23 AM

Thanks for all the anwsers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users