426 replies to this topic

#21 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:16 PM

View PostApostal Sinclair, on 11 July 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

Is it that hard to produce a transcript prior to uploading this before a weekend?

Is it that hard to watch?

#22 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

Russ looks like he has not slept in days.

#23 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:22 PM

Wow, uber-late night posting! I like it!

#24 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

Might want to schedule a bug bash month at some point. The new features are great, but we get new annoyances, like resetting weapon groups or reintroduced ghosting (motion blur) with every other new addition.

#25 Argann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 281 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:25 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 11 July 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

Russ looks like he has not slept in days.

Looks like he may need some Biotherm for the eyes.

#26 Aegic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

They tend to ramble and do not get to the point very quickly so yes it can be difficult to watch. Glad that its coming though.

Community Warfare information: WE ARE WORKING ON IT ™

Edited by Aegic, 11 July 2014 - 09:29 PM.

#27 Roland Skinner

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:29 PM

Thanks for the news. Once you announce the date of the patch where the first CW stuff goes in, I'll buy a new chunk of MC. Once it's demonstrated the matchmaker can consistently do fun IS vs Clan Matches, I'll buy some more. And when we get to fight over planets I'll buy a whole lot more.

About new maps - finishing off the ones you had planned sounds good. But after that, is there any way you can start rolling out variants of each map with different geometry ? I don't care If the same buildings, objects, textures, effects, overall lighting, sky etc are the same - but having 5 different Forest Colonies, 5 different caustic valleys, etc would add soooooo much to CW. I don't know if that is technically feasible. If you crowd sourced it I bet you'd get a ton. I don't have those skills but I'd drop my butt off testing them if it helped.

#28 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:36 PM

With regards to modules, does this mean some of the older variants will be getting the proper amount of module slots?
  • Jenner-7F
  • Hunchback-4P
  • Catapult-K2
  • Awesome-8R
  • Stalkers (all of them)
These mechs all have reduced module slots which doesn't really make much sense in the current state of the game. I hope they receive the same number of modules as the other mechs have.

http://mwomercs.com/...27#entry3548527

#29 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

View PostRyvucz, on 11 July 2014 - 09:16 PM, said:

Is it that hard to watch?

It's a waste of time to watch, I pick up information faster through written text then trying to struggle listening to useless podcasts or blogs. It's easier for many to just read text, it's also a better option, afterall at least we can then interpret the words they used instead of the implications or intonations they put into their words used in the video. AKA easier to dissect actual information...

Edited by Apostal Sinclair, 11 July 2014 - 09:37 PM.

#30 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

Hell has frozen over ;)

looks like everything most people ever wanted from you guys
kudos

and ohh

Maps by community, even if its just ideas
lots of good stuff coming relatively soonish

love it

keep it up and I might shout at you for letting me buy an overpriced chrome timber (think like golden one)
make it with customizable (colors) TRON lights :(

View PostRoland Skinner, on 11 July 2014 - 09:29 PM, said:

Thanks for the news. Once you announce the date of the patch where the first CW stuff goes in, I'll buy a new chunk of MC. Once it's demonstrated the matchmaker can consistently do fun IS vs Clan Matches, I'll buy some more. And when we get to fight over planets I'll buy a whole lot more.

About new maps - finishing off the ones you had planned sounds good. But after that, is there any way you can start rolling out variants of each map with different geometry ? I don't care If the same buildings, objects, textures, effects, overall lighting, sky etc are the same - but having 5 different Forest Colonies, 5 different caustic valleys, etc would add soooooo much to CW. I don't know if that is technically feasible. If you crowd sourced it I bet you'd get a ton. I don't have those skills but I'd drop my butt off testing them if it helped.

I do think Russ said so, like using existing assets to create new maps faster
joining alpine with forest colony for instance (I think he said)

#31 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:43 PM

View PostApostal Sinclair, on 11 July 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

It's a waste of time to watch, I pick up information faster through written text then trying to struggle listening to useless podcasts or blogs. It's easier for many to just read text, it's also a better option, afterall at least we can then interpret the words they used instead of the implications or intonations they put into their words used in the video. AKA easier to dissect actual information...

are you serious? Anyways I am sure they will post this, no need to dislike the video. Nobody is making you watch it.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 11 July 2014 - 09:44 PM.

#32 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

Good info, but IMO Mech Module changes and Mastery changes are completely the wrong direction. Weapon modules are mostly useless, reducing the Mech Modules (all the good stuff - seismic, zoom, TIG, etc) are mech modules. Dropping the default down to 1 is lame, and mastery should grant another one regardless. Always having two consumable slots means everyone can take arty/airstikes without any sacrifice of Mech Modules. If anything should be constrained it should be the consumables, not the mech modules.

Edited by EgoSlayer, 11 July 2014 - 11:28 PM.

#33 Source Control

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 115 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSTOP THE WHINING

Community Created Maps would be awesome. From what I've seen of people posting their own content concepts this would be a very welcome and refreshing site.

#34 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

For my part, I think it was an excellent video, and I'll watch it, again, tomorrow when I have a better attention span to pick up more. However, thank you for the Merc Unit Creation module news, and here's hoping it's not just creation, but at least some management tools, as well. I'm beginning to like, again, what you guys are doing; thank you for going back to canon, and for mentioning that you're trying to do so. It will be a challenge to pilot my 'Mechs under the new Jump Jet rules, but THAT is something I'm looking forward to.

View PostBartholomew bartholomew, on 11 July 2014 - 08:39 PM, said:

Kinda wish you would make the master slot an any slot. Most weapons modules are no good..
Yeah, I agree, this is crap, I won't even use Weapon Modules at all, and I hardly ever use consumables. Please allow us to choose which, on Mastery, we prefer to have? Thank you.

MAPS
I want to see all of the maps from the previous MechWarrior games, especially MechWarrior III, in this game. Those were some of the most awesome maps in that game, or from any of the previous MechWarrior games, including IV, though they had some nice ones, too.

Edited by Kay Wolf, 12 July 2014 - 08:17 AM.

#35 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:48 PM

you still have plenty of slot's.

But yea, we should be allowed to decided which slot we want to add an extra too

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 11 July 2014 - 09:49 PM.

#36 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

Best vlog ever! Bravo, Russ! Bravo!

Posted Image

Posted Image

He seemed more humble and sincere. Great information! Great updates! Keep up the good work! Vlogs are definitely getting better! Doing a great job at regaining the community's trust. ;)

Edited by IceCase88, 11 July 2014 - 09:59 PM.

#37 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTier 3 basement - searching for funyuns and mountain dew

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:11 PM

Great update and best vlog yet (content and presentation) in my opinion! I appreciate the late night (early AM for us east coasters) posting of this.

I like the idea of more net module slots per mech, but agree with others that it would be nice to choose that hard earned extra master slot .

Keep up the good work on the communication and progress with the game. This game keeps getting better with each successive patch.

Onward to CW!

#38 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

Reconecting yay.

Flamer range modules YAY.

clan min range lrms yay.

JJ heat was needed and I hope it rolls out smoothly.

New maps are always a YAY

As for CW just gonna have to wait and see

#39 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:15 PM

The new module system has very little info on, but it seems full of fail already.

The weapon mods? Utterly useless. I guess this is a way of 'forcing' players to use them. I'd rather see weapon mods that reduced heat and range instead of increased heat and range (It'd make lasers like the mediums more viable, IMO).

Consumables REALLY need to be dropped to one. It's already "take arty and air" then throw in another module for personal preference like Radar Dep.

But new maps?

Meeesooooohapppppeh!

#40 kazlaton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 170 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:15 PM

It seems like they are trying to force people to use consumables and those horrible weapon modules by limiting each mech to only 1 mech module slot. Such a bad idea in an otherwise good batch of news.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users