#141 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:13 AM

View PostWarfarer, on 13 July 2014 - 06:33 AM, said:

So which is it? I thinking its catapult.

Depends. LRM boats that are Locust food: Stalkers, Battlemaster, and LRM Crabs and Atlas(num num)

Usefull LRM boats: HBK-J, Trebs, Quickdraw.

Why the difference?
One class can move in and out of trouble and get their own locks.

The other is at risk of being left behind and begs for locks.

Granted, Group and CW may have different strategies for LRMs.

#142 capt hungry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 335 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:10 AM

I just outfitted my Thunberbolt 5S(P) with two LRM10s and I m doing pretty well with it. I couldn't decide on a decent build and finally decided I was tired of eating everyone else's missiles. I've been much happier running the 5S LRMy. I can still move quickly and can dish out some damage at close range with three ML and one LL (taking advantage of the energy quirks such as they are).

#143 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:17 AM

Maddog with 5xLRM10+Narc+2MLs

#144 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:33 PM

View Postcapt hungry, on 26 June 2015 - 07:10 AM, said:

I just outfitted my Thunberbolt 5S(P) with two LRM10s and I m doing pretty well with it. I couldn't decide on a decent build and finally decided I was tired of eating everyone else's missiles. I've been much happier running the 5S LRMy. I can still move quickly and can dish out some damage at close range with three ML and one LL (taking advantage of the energy quirks such as they are).

There is a sort of player-made standard for what constitutes an LRM boat. It's mainly revolving around the salvo size (for IS mechs), and most importantly, that the main armament is LRMs (An atlas running around with 3 LRM5s is not an LRM boat)

Lights- 5-15

Mediums 20-35

Heavies 40 - 50

Assaults - 55+

It's more accurate to say that your TDR uses LRMs as support weapons. Rather than boating them.

#145 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:42 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 04 August 2014 - 07:58 PM, said:

Clan LRMs actually spread more, I think. (I'll have to double check that part).

If i remember right,you can get Artemis and the WHK-B arms have spread quirks...how well they work i have no idea.

Far as i gather, Battlemaster >Stalker for IS assaults. Treb and HBK-J(maybe Quickdrawl as well) for the lighter guys.

Clan? Warhawk CAN LRM well with a slew of options.
I swear the only LRM build i can work is 5MPL, LRM30 on a Warhawk. But its mobile, good armor with bad hitboxes, and 71kph gets you some good peeks and out of trouble.

Honestly, i sux bad with LRM and use it to bully Pugs...and i simply DO NOT feel bad doing this. Do onto others...they say.

#146 Plaguetongue

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:44 AM

a catapult as stated could be used in a unit, some ppl say stalker, but you will take up a assault slot in your team and that whould be more useful at the front.

use a medium for artillery whould be your best bet. but if you with "best" means who can cause the most damage etc if u dont care that you take a valuble slot in ur team its whatever mech can fit the highest ammount of LRMs witch is basicly a stalker -.-

#147 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 June 2015 - 03:07 AM

View PostInspectorG, on 27 June 2015 - 10:42 PM, said:

If i remember right,you can get Artemis and the WHK-B arms have spread quirks...how well they work i have no idea.

Far as i gather, Battlemaster >Stalker for IS assaults. Treb and HBK-J(maybe Quickdrawl as well) for the lighter guys.

Clan? Warhawk CAN LRM well with a slew of options.
I swear the only LRM build i can work is 5MPL, LRM30 on a Warhawk. But its mobile, good armor with bad hitboxes, and 71kph gets you some good peeks and out of trouble.

I think the SMN, MDD, and ADR are better at LRM boating for clans than the Warhawk. (4xLRM10 ADR with about 6+tons of ammo is a serious pain to deal with. Especially for a light LRM boat)

View PostInspectorG, on 27 June 2015 - 10:42 PM, said:

Do onto others...they say.

Before they do unto you

#148 purplewasabi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 170 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 28 June 2015 - 10:22 AM

How about an Atlas S with three LRM15a? Seems to work pretty well for me. All that armor means you can stay in the open and keep firing them LRMs.

If not then probably the Battlemaster 1S variant with 2xLRM15a, 2xLRM10a... Higher mobility and alphastrike compared to the Atlas.

Edited by purplewasabi, 28 June 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#149 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:11 AM

View Postpurplewasabi, on 28 June 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

How about an Atlas S with three LRM15a? Seems to work pretty well for me. All that armor means you can stay in the open and keep firing them LRMs.

If not then probably the Battlemaster 1S variant with 2xLRM15a, 2xLRM10a... Higher mobility and alphastrike compared to the Atlas.

The BLR-1S with 2xLRM10s + 2xLRM15s is golden. Slap an XL 295, or 300 with tons of ammo. Artemis didn't really do much for me when I was running that set up, to be honest.

Making the Atlas (especially the S) into an LRM mech is a crime against the game. It's a waste of one of the best front line mechs in the game.

#150 purplewasabi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 170 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:50 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 28 June 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

The BLR-1S with 2xLRM10s + 2xLRM15s is golden. Slap an XL 295, or 300 with tons of ammo. Artemis didn't really do much for me when I was running that set up, to be honest.

Making the Atlas (especially the S) into an LRM mech is a crime against the game. It's a waste of one of the best front line mechs in the game.

Here's the smurfy link to the BLR-1S I'm using, I think I got it from metamechs.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...bb5ce86fb3c1b77

Haha yeah. I know it's a crime but what can I say, I'm a rebel. Here's the smurfy link to the abomination
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3cb539b4882132d

#151 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:10 AM

View Postpurplewasabi, on 28 June 2015 - 11:50 PM, said:

Here's the smurfy link to the BLR-1S I'm using, I think I got it from metamechs.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...bb5ce86fb3c1b77

Haha yeah. I know it's a crime but what can I say, I'm a rebel. Here's the smurfy link to the abomination
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3cb539b4882132d

I used a smaller engine because I needed more ammo (Salvos of 50 missiles will burn through ammo quick). Also, put the DHS int he engine, to free up slots.

This was my build with the BLR-1S:
BLR-1S You can drop 2 tons of ammo for 2 more DHS.

It was my favorite artillery LRM mech, because it let me rain fire on people the entire match. I actually named it Hellfire. I loved having loads of ammo more than getting Artemis, and part of it is that I didn't always have line of sight locks, so I couldn't justify taking it. Yours is more mobile, so that might be different for you. The LRM 15s do benefit greatly from Artemis IV.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users