Chat Bug- Y&t

4 replies to this topic

#1 Firebahl

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

First chat post seems to work just fine.

The second time I press "y" to bring up team chat it places a "y" at the start of the line that I must then erase or post a "yenemy at c3"

Seems to also happen on "t"

I don't see many post from others with this. So either I have a unique situation, or they are also having to delete that first letter each time.

Any others see this?

Edited by Firebahl, 13 July 2014 - 08:39 AM.

#2 Kazma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationGermany - Leipzig

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:45 AM

Pretty common bug, and sometimes the game posts your text twice.
The chat window should get an update, you can't even scroll ..

#3 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:19 AM

Bump. Happens too often. Chat is far too flakey and should be updated heavily. Exclude kill texts and disconnects from the chatwindow, keep a seperate info area for that stuff.

A good chat system encourages communication.

Edited by POWR, 14 July 2014 - 04:20 AM.

#4 Lt Badger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:51 AM

i´te tested it (if i could use a chat, of course :P ), i dont have the t/z/y bug, only sometimes twice posting, mostly if i was dead, i´ve posted something, changed to another player via spectator and my post was twice there

#5 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:25 AM

+1 for chat box updates. I don't experience this bug but I do sometimes get double updates, or hugely delayed messages.

The absolute worst part for me though is that if you're typing and the game state changes (lobby > game, game > dead, dead > spectating or game/spectating > end lobby) you immediately lose all input text, except that when you press enter new text you entered plus the text that was cleared is sent. Very poor coding there, and very frustrating to work with

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users