#1 BlackCrusader

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 23 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSubotica, Serbia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:23 AM

Can anyone tell me who (or from where - CGI) is the girl in MWO's LandingPad picture?

I cannot recall it from the lore of any Mech Warrior games...

https://static.mwome.../montage_bg.jpg

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:13 AM

Pretty sure it is intended to be Natasha Kerensky http://www.sarna.net...atasha_Kerensky

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:51 AM

Wait...we have girls in this game...

#4 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

HEY!!!! THAT'S MY MOM!!!!

#5 BlackCrusader

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:09 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 14 July 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

Pretty sure it is intended to be Natasha Kerensky http://www.sarna.net...atasha_Kerensky

Not so sure about that. Also, if it is so, from where did the picture come from?

View PostKalimaster, on 14 July 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

Wait...we have girls in this game...

We do actually (can't lie over TeamSpeak ;) ), it's just a few tho.

#6 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:19 AM

Every time I see that pic of the girl I can't help but think it would be cool to customize your own pilot character. You can buy outfits and accessories and other junk with MC as well as C-Bills, and by completing challenges. I can see the Clanners getting the glowing face tats like in the BT animated series.

Edited by Coralld, 15 July 2014 - 07:20 AM.

#7 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

I just wish she'd answer my emails...

#8 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

Greetings all,

Considering that PGI lowered the 'target audience' for MWO I'd assume that having a cute young woman's face with those lips is demographically appealing to that age group.
- I say marketing was directly involved in that addition.

Having the face be the brightest item on the page, set next to "Free to Play", you start to see where the physiology is intended.

Just saying,
9erRed

#9 LoPanShui

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:05 PM

View PostCoralld, on 15 July 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

Every time I see that pic of the girl I can't help but think it would be cool to customize your own pilot character. You can buy outfits and accessories and other junk with MC as well as C-Bills, and by completing challenges. I can see the Clanners getting the glowing face tats like in the BT animated series.

This.

#10 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:47 AM

View Post9erRed, on 15 July 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

Greetings all,

Considering that PGI lowered the 'target audience' for MWO I'd assume that having a cute young woman's face with those lips is demographically appealing to that age group.
- I say marketing was directly involved in that addition.

Having the face be the brightest item on the page, set next to "Free to Play", you start to see where the physiology is intended.

Just saying,
9erRed

Ah, a bit more polished version of those 'Click here to play, my lord' ad-banners you can get on sites (I get them mostly on the geeky comic pages I frequent)? :ph34r:

#11 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:55 AM

Greetings all,

Reference the Pilot profile and adding 'options' to wear.

First, we don't even have a view of our Pilot, except the hands and legs. So adding accessories are moot at this point.

- The game code has two items that could be 'built out', the Pilot and there's a Mechanic outfit that's never been used.
- If anything is actually done to allow additional views of our 'persona' in game, they would need to bring these into the Mechlab.
- Once your 'in the cockpit' it doesn't matter, as you should be concentrating on the battle and items outside your Mech. Not looking at yourself.

There's the entire work environment in the Mechlab that could use some human sized people moving around and actually doing work. For an operational Drop Ship Mech bay it's rather empty and should have a flurry of activity. Either automated or at least Tech's checking how the repairs and loading are going. (and all eye candy with nothing to do with gameplay)

- If you want to purchase items for your Pilot then look at Banners, posters, advertisements from manufactures for the Mech Lab/bay walls.
- Posters for your Faction, Banners for you Merc Corp, Faction specific colour strips for the walls, Flags and decals that are attached so they don't blow off when the Bay doors are opened to the atmosphere.
(remember this is an operating Drop Ship, and those floor doors open.)

So, NO to cloths accessories.

- Let them work on Mech decals and Faction specific Camo first.

9erRed

#12 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:35 AM

Oh come on, they're just wish listing! Otherwise nobody could suggest anything new ever again until they've introduced what the majority wants *cough*community warfare*cough*. And I'm sure there will be more important things beyond that.

#13 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:09 AM

View Post9erRed, on 16 July 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

Greetings all,

Reference the Pilot profile and adding 'options' to wear.

First, we don't even have a view of our Pilot, except the hands and legs. So adding accessories are moot at this point.

- The game code has two items that could be 'built out', the Pilot and there's a Mechanic outfit that's never been used.
- If anything is actually done to allow additional views of our 'persona' in game, they would need to bring these into the Mechlab.
- Once your 'in the cockpit' it doesn't matter, as you should be concentrating on the battle and items outside your Mech. Not looking at yourself.

There's the entire work environment in the Mechlab that could use some human sized people moving around and actually doing work. For an operational Drop Ship Mech bay it's rather empty and should have a flurry of activity. Either automated or at least Tech's checking how the repairs and loading are going. (and all eye candy with nothing to do with gameplay)

- If you want to purchase items for your Pilot then look at Banners, posters, advertisements from manufactures for the Mech Lab/bay walls.
- Posters for your Faction, Banners for you Merc Corp, Faction specific colour strips for the walls, Flags and decals that are attached so they don't blow off when the Bay doors are opened to the atmosphere.
(remember this is an operating Drop Ship, and those floor doors open.)

So, NO to cloths accessories.

- Let them work on Mech decals and Faction specific Camo first.

9erRed

The idea behind my suggested character creator is to make it give a bigger emphasis that you are the pilot, also, what you have set with what your pilot looks like and is wearing only applies when they are out side the mech, as in the mech bay. Which would be kinda cool if you think about it with an option to walk around the mech bay and have AI techs walking around as well doing what they do.

Also, its an idea for after CW comes out as I am on the same page as the rest of you that CW and new maps take priority. But with that being said, having a character creator would be really cool. Also, cockpit items don't count as pilot accessories, more like mech accessories.

#14 S3dition

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:48 PM

View Post9erRed, on 16 July 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

Never used like this?

#15 Goosfraba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

View PostBlackCrusader, on 14 July 2014 - 04:23 AM, said:

Can anyone tell me who (or from where - CGI) is the girl in MWO's LandingPad picture?

I cannot recall it from the lore of any Mech Warrior games...

https://static.mwome.../montage_bg.jpg

Posted Image

Edited by Goosfraba, 17 July 2014 - 10:27 PM.

#16 Nova Latios Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 606 posts
  • LocationAnother Galaxy

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

Who says it is a girl? It could be a boy...but sadly i have no idea.

#17 BlackCrusader

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:44 AM

View PostGoosfraba, on 17 July 2014 - 10:24 PM, said:

Posted Image

Nice find, (and apparently the only real answer I was actualy refering to), but I am not sure it is the same... or rather, I do not think PGI was that creative.
I was thinking more along the lines that they just copy-pasted that from somewhere.

#18 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:14 AM

I think she looks kinda like Colonel Reese from MechCommander.

#19 TuntematonSika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 122 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPig with an identity crisis.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:18 AM

View PostCoralld, on 15 July 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

oh god the tattoos... those aren't even canon, they were only used so they could somehow advertise enhanced imaging in the series, and make them look more of an *******.

#20 TuntematonSika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 122 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPig with an identity crisis.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:24 AM

View PostCoralld, on 17 July 2014 - 07:09 AM, said:

The idea behind my suggested character creator is to make it give a bigger emphasis that you are the pilot, also, what you have set with what your pilot looks like and is wearing only applies when they are out side the mech, as in the mech bay. Which would be kinda cool if you think about it with an option to walk around the mech bay and have AI techs walking around as well doing what they do.

Also, its an idea for after CW comes out as I am on the same page as the rest of you that CW and new maps take priority. But with that being said, having a character creator would be really cool. Also, cockpit items don't count as pilot accessories, more like mech accessories.

Also, if your in a unit, interact with other people in the dropship/hangar? would be an interesting way to show off some stuff. Hell maybe star citizen like hangar would be awesome!

Would be a pain to get from mech A to mech B, but still though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users