99 replies to this topic

#21 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:40 AM

Watch a DVD movie, read a book, get well soon so you can game. Yes, my prayers are with you.

#22 The Gruntmaster 6000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationPraying

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:10 PM

New Update:

I will be updating ya'll for a while cause Marack has left the Community for a bit (and because I live really close to him and we were part of an old LOTR Reading and Study group).

He is currently doing well enough he can go around in a wheel chair and get outside. He will not walk again until most likely the month of October. He is currently in a state of high depression and I urge you guys please remember him and pray because he has been suicidal from depression in the past. It makes me depressed to see him this way.

Maybe I will be able to convince him to come back (it is the only reason I am here is to try and get him back with people again).

#23 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:43 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 15 July 2014 - 04:13 AM, said:

On Saturday around 7:00 me and my mother were on our way to the airport to pick up my grandmother. We were hit by a minivan going at 80 mph straight in the engine hood and it the smashed into the rest of the car. I was knocked out cold by the airbag and when I woke up my leg had been pinned against the door and dash board which had caved in. My mother received extensive bruising to her rib cage and had whiplash against her neck. My Femur had a 10cm break (literally 10cms of shattered bone) and I went into surgery that same night and I also had stitches in my head from a glass wound. I have a Titanium rod that goes from my knee to my hip and my leg will never grow again. They said I will be in crutches for the next 3 months and will be recovery for a year. Please keep me in your prayers (and if you don't believe in Prayer) and wish me luck.

View PostThe Advisor, on 17 August 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

New Update:

I will be updating ya'll for a while cause Marack has left the Community for a bit (and because I live really close to him and we were part of an old LOTR Reading and Study group).

He is currently doing well enough he can go around in a wheel chair and get outside. He will not walk again until most likely the month of October. He is currently in a state of high depression and I urge you guys please remember him and pray because he has been suicidal from depression in the past. It makes me depressed to see him this way.

Maybe I will be able to convince him to come back (it is the only reason I am here is to try and get him back with people again).

!

So that's where Marack went! :)

I had been wondering what had happened to him, but this thread had apparently escaped my notice. My thoughts and hopes are with you, Marack. As a fellow depression sufferer, remember that it might be raining today, it might be raining tomorrow, it might rain consistently for the rest of the month, but it will be sunny someday.

And here, have a cute wolf!
Posted Image

#24 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 15 July 2014 - 04:13 AM, said:

On Saturday around 7:00 me and my mother were on our way to the airport to pick up my grandmother. We were hit by a minivan going at 80 mph straight in the engine hood and it the smashed into the rest of the car. I was knocked out cold by the airbag and when I woke up my leg had been pinned against the door and dash board which had caved in. My mother received extensive bruising to her rib cage and had whiplash against her neck. My Femur had a 10cm break (literally 10cms of shattered bone) and I went into surgery that same night and I also had stitches in my head from a glass wound. I have a Titanium rod that goes from my knee to my hip and my leg will never grow again. They said I will be in crutches for the next 3 months and will be recovery for a year. Please keep me in your prayers (and if you don't believe in Prayer) and wish me luck.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that, and I definitely will,keep you in my prayers Marack.

#25 Maurox

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

Hope you get well soon mate, please come back and keep us posted about your recovery.
I know you're fighting more important battles right now, but it sure would be nice to share a game!

Cheers

#26 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

As a former member of my unit, you have my prayers with you.

#27 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:30 AM

good luck, that sucks, how old are you, is "growing" of you leg still important a lot?

#28 The Gruntmaster 6000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationPraying

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:59 AM

good luck, that sucks, how old are you, is "growing" of you leg still important a lot?

He is 17. They don't know how much growing would have effected him (with a break that severe they MUST set the bone because it can never heal without the rod). The rod was hammered through his bone marrow and he will have it the rest of his life. The doctors also said he will have Arthritis in his leg by the age 40.

#29 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:47 PM

View PostThe Advisor, on 18 August 2014 - 06:59 AM, said:

He is 17. They don't know how much growing would have effected him (with a break that severe they MUST set the bone because it can never heal without the rod). The rod was hammered through his bone marrow and he will have it the rest of his life. The doctors also said he will have Arthritis in his leg by the age 40.

Well that's 20 years for medical technology to improve. Who knows, by then he could have nanites fixing his leg! :lol:

#30 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:35 AM

Please keep us updated on how you are doing. Good luck.

#31 Destructicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:48 AM

When I was an EMT one of the first calls I responded to was a collision similar to the one you've described.
3 instant fatalities the fourth died in transport to the nearest hospital, it was one of the worst calls I had ever been on.
It was my first mass casualty call and ever since then I still feel a pang of fear inside when I see a wreck on the side of the highway just hoping everyone is ok.
As somebody who has seen more than enough high speed collisions it makes me happy to see when people survive them.
Wishes for a quick recovery.

#32 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

God's speed to recovery.

Will remember you in my prayers. But, when you think about it, it could have been much worse. So be grateful even throughout the recovery process.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 19 August 2014 - 09:13 AM.

#33 The Gruntmaster 6000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationPraying

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:59 AM

When I was an EMT one of the first calls I responded to was a collision similar to the one you've described.
3 instant fatalities the fourth died in transport to the nearest hospital, it was one of the worst calls I had ever been on.
It was my first mass casualty call and ever since then I still feel a pang of fear inside when I see a wreck on the side of the highway just hoping everyone is ok.
As somebody who has seen more than enough high speed collisions it makes me happy to see when people survive them.
Wishes for a quick recovery.

My sister is a licensed Paramedic and was on call in New Jersey when there was a school bus and mini van accident. Something like 27 casualties. Mini Van driver was killed. When she arrived they just covered up the body because their was brain matter scattered on the ground (that is how bad). There were not enough ambulances to even take everyone to the hospital and they had to make close to 10 trips or so.

Yeah Marack's only upside has been it could have been worse. He is doing better and said he may come back for a little while.

#34 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:30 AM

View PostThe Advisor, on 19 August 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

My sister is a licensed Paramedic and was on call in New Jersey when there was a school bus and mini van accident. Something like 27 casualties. Mini Van driver was killed. When she arrived they just covered up the body because their was brain matter scattered on the ground (that is how bad). There were not enough ambulances to even take everyone to the hospital and they had to make close to 10 trips or so.

Yeah Marack's only upside has been it could have been worse. He is doing better and said he may come back for a little while.

Good. Tell him to come and do some stock matches with us, or something.

#35 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

I just found this! What a terrible thing to have happen. I'm glad that both you and your mother survived. I wish you the best with your recovery. Keep your head up, you will be able to overcome this hurdle and pursue many things in life. You still have a lot of living left to do, don't go letting yourself get down over this and focus on making every attempt to do everything you enjoy. I urge you to continue to discover the endless amount of things there are to do in this world.

Edited by t Khrist, 19 August 2014 - 04:04 PM.

#36 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:42 AM

View PostThe Advisor, on 18 August 2014 - 06:59 AM, said:

Wow, that totally sucks. And all this just because somepeople do not pay attention or are in a hurry.

#37 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:58 AM

Some people are real idiots.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 20 August 2014 - 01:59 AM.

#38 ShadowDraconis

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationDeep within the FRR paving the way for the invasion.

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:28 AM

Heal well and fast Mechwarrior. We need you. P.s. take it easy on the painkillers ; )

#39 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:08 AM

Thanks for updating us, we appreciate hearing from you.

#40 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 20 August 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

Hey guys. I came back and saw all these get well posts. Thank you all so much. It means a whole lot.

Been doing that. I was rather against getting them actually because a friend of mine died from a Pain killer overdose. He was not told how much to take and the pain he was in kept getting worse and worse so he kept upping the amount until it killed him in his sleep.

Anyways Thank you all so much.

Take care of yourself, and focus on getting back on your feet, Figuratively and literally. We'll be here to shoot stompy mechs with you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users