259 replies to this topic

#241 Dragonstrike

• PipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 83 posts
  • LocationYorkshire England UK

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

well have to turn the router off them on to load the game every time I want to play.

#242 Shamoth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 141 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:42 AM

In my case, this patch is big pile never ever before had so many DC's and BSoD's.
And looks like BSoD's are related to sound engine, mostly happens when alpha striking... and even this rejoin option cant help about BSoD's

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 17 July 2014 - 03:16 PM.
Language

#243 Tvrdoglavi

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

View PostShamoth, on 17 July 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

In my case, this patch is big pile never ever before had so many DC's and BSoD's.
And looks like BSoD's are related to sound engine, mostly happens when alpha striking... and even this rejoin option cant help about BSoD's
Maybe they added the BSoD so people can test the rejoin function.Just kidding. Sorry to hear about your troubles but couldn't resist.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 17 July 2014 - 03:17 PM.
Language in quote

#244 Shamoth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 141 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostTvrdoglavi, on 17 July 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

Maybe they added the BSoD so people can test the rejoin function.Just kidding. Sorry to hear about your troubles but couldn't resist.

No problem, I'm thinking same way about DC's, they add them so I could use rejoin option and "enjoy" it ;]

I'm really tired of sponsoring this game in hope that one day its going to be whole BT universe online... It's just so wrong to pump oldtimers, who grew up mostly on MW2, hype for this title and stick them "this thing".
Even MWLL, made with passion and in spare time, was much better than this...

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 17 July 2014 - 03:18 PM.
Language

#245 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

View PostDragonstrike, on 17 July 2014 - 08:50 AM, said:

well have to turn the router off them on to load the game every time I want to play.

Sadly, that likely points to your ISP having issues.

#246 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

I think this has to be possibly the worst patch yet.
First there's the DNS thing, then there's the massive increase in lag and server instability.
And to top it all off i'm getting memory allocation errors every second or third game, and yet i had none of these problems prior to patch.
Roll back the patch PGI!.

#247 Baldain

• Pip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

After dealing with the DNS problem and running repair tool, now the game constantly has a different problem most matches. From graphics crashes with DX11 to the game coming to a stand still. I'm sure you programmers are working hard but your management who just suck huge amounts of money and put very little back into the game should be drawn and quarted, then shoot, then hanged.

Edited by Baldain, 17 July 2014 - 05:40 PM.

#248 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:29 PM

Heh so found a minor ninja change to warhawks; UACs now have different (mostly lamer) visuals.

UAC20 and 10 = double barrel
UAC5 = triple barrel
UAC2= triple barrel, but tiny.

#249 Shamoth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 141 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:04 AM

View PostKHETTI, on 17 July 2014 - 03:23 PM, said:

I think this has to be possibly the worst patch yet.
First there's the DNS thing, then there's the massive increase in lag and server instability.
And to top it all off i'm getting memory allocation errors every second or third game, and yet i had none of these problems prior to patch.
Roll back the patch PGI!.

Same here, drops BSoD(most interesting is that BSoD dont report a single file or driver as it should/did) like crazy and after each one rebuilding RAID10 is a bit time consuming and lading times and overall performance of PC is poor.

For some time im thinking on "what is the point of buying premium?" since matchmaking and waiting times related to it are horribly loooong, not mentioning that reconfiguration of each mech and save time aren't short ether. And now with this DC and BSoD feature login/connecting times, ignored before cuz it occured once per day when i loged in for like 4-6h game session, now happens every 3rd battle...
Is PGI going to refund this in some way or change the way that premium time is only subtracted from pool when entering battle, like -15mins from pool for each entered battle regardless if you managed to survive for whole battle or died in 1st minute... that would save a little bit of our time pool...

Another interesting thing that my family observed is that when i got DC or BSoD and use improper language at loud, their game sessions like WoT, WT got froze for a second and it looks like some weird data spike over network. And that network freezes only happens when i play MWO and got DC or BSoD... Unfortunately My router is too poor to diagnose it ;/

OT: Question to forum MODS, can i use poo or poop instead of ****?

Edited by Egomane, 18 July 2014 - 08:25 AM.
removed filter avoidance in OT question

#250 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:23 AM

View PostShamoth, on 18 July 2014 - 04:04 AM, said:

OT: Question to forum MODS, can i use poo or poop instead of ****?

It's not filtered, therefore you can use it (within limits).

Personally I'd prefer it, if you'd find less colorfull and primitive words for what you want to say.

Edited by Egomane, 18 July 2014 - 08:25 AM.

#251 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostEgomane, on 18 July 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

Personally I'd prefer it, if you'd find less colorfull and primitive words for what you want to say.

Cause we here at the mechwarrior online forums are the epitome of advanced human evolution.

(Coming to a succession war near you: The Whoflungdung, a Liao made LRM boat loaded with Fecal warheads!)

#252 Deathwish Drang

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 16 July 2014 - 09:54 PM, said:

I have been in more lagged out games, where mechs get frozen in place and the game never ends, since the last patch, than ever before. And it is not just me, it is my whole team and the rest of the players in the match.

Getting the exact same thing every four or five games or so. This used to happen very rarely, usually on River City, now it's every few games. The lag has increased as well.

#253 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

I love the wording on this bug note:

"Convinced the MechLab to visually factor in weapon modules for Heat Management values."

#254 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:53 AM

The last few days i've been plagued by a bug in game that's only surfaced since the last patch, during matches my screen will just completely freeze up but the sound continues playing. Usually an alt / tab to desktop and back would fix it, but recently this has resulted in the screen going black but the MWO cursor still shows up if i press escape.

I've seen others mentioning this bug too, and just wanted to enquire as to whether PGI know of this and a fix is incoming?

#255 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:14 AM

View PostBelphegore, on 24 July 2014 - 06:53 AM, said:

The last few days i've been plagued by a bug in game that's only surfaced since the last patch, during matches my screen will just completely freeze up but the sound continues playing. Usually an alt / tab to desktop and back would fix it, but recently this has resulted in the screen going black but the MWO cursor still shows up if i press escape.

I've seen others mentioning this bug too, and just wanted to enquire as to whether PGI know of this and a fix is incoming?

I've had similar issues. For me, it usually happens near the start of a match, and I have enough time to Alt-F4, and then relaunch the game and reconnect to my match (which is an awesome new feature), but ti's still annoying.

#256 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:04 AM

Yep, it does happen more than it should. The rejoin feature isn't a proper fix for that but it does come in handy.

#257 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:49 AM

Have had that going on every so often for the past year or more, seems to come and go with patches

#258 Lucas the Old

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:45 AM

Thanks for the patch and the changes made. Now If you could just "FIX THE WARHAWK" that would be really swell. Really 4 DHS in the LT. I know that you said you wanted to stay as close to the tabletop game. And the pages for the Warhawk has 4 DHS in the LT. But what about the RT? The paper showes a battle computer there, that you made removable. So why cant you make the LT with say 1 or 2 DHS removable and then make 1 LT for energy, 1 for Ballistice and 1 for missile.It's not a perfect fix, but it is a step in the right direction. Just the hopeful thoughts of one of the people who plays your game.

#259 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:44 AM

View PostDeathwish Drang, on 20 July 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

Getting the exact same thing every four or five games or so. This used to happen very rarely, usually on River City, now it's every few games. The lag has increased as well.

If that happens I quit and rejoin; if you're lucky your mech is still in one piece.

#260 Alexi Davion

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 20 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

View PostThe Great Unwashed, on 28 July 2014 - 02:44 AM, said:

If that happens I quit and rejoin; if you're lucky your mech is still in one piece.

Same things Been Happening to Me Since the New Patch. I had a few Issues with some maps Like Terra Therma..But now I Get Memory Errors and a DC to Desk Top almost every other Match. The Rejoin works..But with teh Time limit and Loading screens I barely get back Usually just in time to see a Dead Mech. They really need to figure out this Probllem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users