259 replies to this topic

#41 vortmax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNorman, OK

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:00 AM

View PostLt Badger, on 15 July 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

and another reason to make a break for few months, until clan mechs´re avaiable for c-lills, because of no min range for C LRMs...

Be happy PGI made the drop-off in damage as range closes. They could have stuck with TT canon and let CLRMs do full damage at point-blank range.

Phoenix Hawk IIC-2 with four LRM-20s... ouch.

#42 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:01 AM

I'm intrigued. Not sure what I think of some things, love the others. I don't see anything that I would find out and out objectionable. This portends to be a solid to good update and I look forward to see how it reacts. Of course, this is contingent on something else not being fargled up by an error requiring a hot fix. So I'm bracing for impact on that regardless.

#43 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:02 AM

is this a dream? an actual content patch packed with features we should have had a long time ago which I had given up on, and with features for recently promised items as well? for mechwarrior? and it doesn't have a hero mech to sell?

I think I'm dreaming but I definitely like this patch. Here's hoping to a future of game content oriented patches like this one before we go back to mech peddling.

Edited by Battlecruiser, 15 July 2014 - 10:02 AM.

#44 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a F14-Tomcat

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

I think I'm in heaven. This is one promising looking patch. Mwo. Will. Live! :'D now I can be confident that I can continue to kill big stompy bots on an active game :D

#45 VeryVizzy

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUK

View PostShlkt, on 15 July 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

Nitpick: If your function goes to 0 then it cannot be exponential :D Looks like a quadratic to me, although I suspect there's a typo on the "120 meters - 56% damage" figure; I would have expected 44% damage instead of 56%.

If you add a little -1 to the equation it certainly can go through 0. Something like:

y = (A^x) - 1

Patch notes wise they look good! Thought the JJ heat change was going to be launched with the JJ thrust change but I'm still looking forward to it. Arm toggle is reeeeeeallly good.

Edit: Ahh, now I see the line about JJ thrust tucked in there. Good stuff!

Edited by VeryVizzy, 15 July 2014 - 10:30 AM.

#46 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 15 July 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

Settings / Controls
  • Mouse wheel binding now works correctly
  • Arm lock is now a true toggle
  • Turning and Throttle controls are now possible when using the Battlegrid

Bacon and beers! Finally!!

#47 Red Sea

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 62 posts
  • LocationBeach, toes in sand, tan, tan, tan

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:14 AM

All in all a very good patch, thanks for the hard work!!

#48 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

View PostVeryVizzy, on 15 July 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

If you add a little -1 to the equation it certainly can go through 0. Something like:

y = (A^x) - 1

I was told there'd be no math.

#49 Henchman 24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 529 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:19 AM

All this is nice so far...however I'm thinking the 2 minute-no-reward time setting is too narrow considering how often this client crashes and prompts one to reboot their machine. Not everyone has an SSD and can complete a reboot and rejoin within this limit, especially if they have to rejoin comms etc, 'cause they are still external and all. Again, it seems real world situations weren't weighted so heavily as the punitive hammer on this. Who the heck would bother to rejoin just to earn nothing?

Even as recently as last night I twice saw a person whose join was so slow due to his hard drive, that he only showed connected after the cockpit animation was finished. This was two different drops, same behavior.

I could see the 2 minute limit for various reasons, ONLY if this client were stable...which it isn't. As it is I get to look forward to having to use the repair tool again today so that my user.cfg actually works after a patch.(for like the 4th time)-admittedly this is an assumption based off experience, although I saw no mention of a fix for this.

#50 Beaching Betty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 710 posts
  • Location-

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:19 AM

You can rejoin when you DC is the best for me in this patch!

and also, after 2 mins you dont get rewards? Seriously? Id rather play another game than waste time playing and getting no reward, at least give us HALF of the rewards, damn.

Overall, not a bad patch, still waiting for LOCKERS or whatsoever so you can easily change the wepaon without to strip all equipment and blabla

Edited by zeyqer, 15 July 2014 - 10:29 AM.

#51 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostShlkt, on 15 July 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

Nitpick: If your function goes to 0 then it cannot be exponential :D Looks like a quadratic to me, although I suspect there's a typo on the "120 meters - 56% damage" figure; I would have expected 44% damage instead of 56%.

Ahem. Exponential functions can go to zero, not that I am saying PGI is using one. Small nitpick. :D

Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 15 July 2014 - 10:23 AM.

#52 Aztaloth

Rookie

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 6 posts

Great patch overall. And along with the news that we will be getting more maps soon this makes me a happy clanner.

One question though. Any ETA on the SLI/DX11 fix? It is really annoying to be sure.

#53 Tsunamisan

• 1,568 posts

Feels let down how PGI seams to favour missiles over other weapons and nurrf every other mechanic except th pnes that take no skill to use IE: Missiles. even jump sniping took precision. Whil firing missiles indirectly takes nothing.

#54 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

View Postb1ackadder, on 15 July 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

Thank you for the details, sounds really interesting to me!
Could someone enlighten me on the LRM-tweak? I have trouble imagining if that means they will be stronger - or not. Or does that vary by target, as implied?

It means that Clan LRMs, as they should, will do damage at less than 180 meters.
Spoiler

The reasoning for the scaling damage is it would outclass SRMs as PGI designed them. Except with the obvious exclusion of more powerful Dead Fire SRMs, all SRMs are guided.

#55 Sergeant Miles

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 53 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCA

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

Heat increases on a linear scale with each additional Jump-Jet?

please explain better-DOH- how about a few examples!

Thrust increases on a linear scale with each additional Jump-Jet?

please explain WAY better.. how about a lot of examples!!!!!

Show us why this is a good thing.. cause at the moment...

I'm feeling a little jacked.. now I have a heat problem with most of my mech's and have to retool them all..

but I have no new tools to do it with. No new Module to reduce jump jet heat, no new jump jets with reduced heat..

so all the Mech's designed for jumping can now overheat from jumping..

which is dumb.. that you also take falling damage using these new jump jets during a controlled landing, rather then a fall...

even with the new Module for falling damage reduction...

crud.. all the lights with jump jets just got jacked..

new parts are here to install.. but no new tools to install them with?

nothing for the players to balance this new heat problem..

what is this.. free HEAT day?

You could have at least released a new map to distract me with.. maybe I wouldn't have noticed right away.

DOH!

Edited by Sergeant Miles, 15 July 2014 - 10:29 AM.

#56 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

Best feature listed :

ARM LOCK IS NOW A TOGGLE!!!

/end thread

#57 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:28 AM

Hmm... reconnect on this....

1) Wonder if there's an indicator for when you've reconnected past the 2-minute mark.

2) No more bird dogging when the last player(s) is disconnected? They might be rejoining any moment now...?

3) Server disconnects now nullifies all rewards? Harsh.

4) I don't know how reconnects could've been used for farming, and I guess speculating is against CoC. :D

#58 Shlkt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:29 AM

View PostMystere, on 15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

Ahem. Exponential functions can go to zero, not that I am saying PGI is using one. Small nitpick. :D

That's a beautiful exponential curve you posted which illustrates my point exactly. It doesn't go to zero, it just gets very close to zero. I'm talking about the value of y here, not the value of x.

Edited by Shlkt, 15 July 2014 - 10:35 AM.

#59 Red Sea

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 62 posts
  • LocationBeach, toes in sand, tan, tan, tan

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:29 AM

Look at it from a quantum scale.

#60 mdmzero0

• WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:36 AM

I'm surprised no one has complained about the real issue with clan LRMs having no minimum damage. It's not about the damage, at point-blank range clan LRMs will hardly scratch you. But have they tweaked the screenshake mechanics to go along with it? I doubt it.

You charge right into a clan LRM boat, and they'll unload so many LRMs in your face you won't be able to see, move, or target anything. Who cares if it's not that much damage, you'll be essentially useless anyway. This is going to really suck for a while.

Also, was I the only one who noticed this wording:

• Convinced the MechLab to visually factor in weapon modules for Heat Management values.

They convinced the mechlab? Has it become sentient already?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users