Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:55 AM

Bug Location: Mechlab

Steps to Reproduce:
1) Open Mechlab
2) Click "All" button in left menu
3) Set filter to "Owned"

Reproduction Rate: 100%

Bug Evidence: http://s21.postimg.o...723r/trials.jpg

Bug Description: Trial mechs are shown as owned in the mechlab. Thats it.

Bug Thread Title: Trial mechs are shown as owned in the mechlab. HELP PGI I HAZ BUG!

#2 Lt Badger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:00 AM

just add "playable" with owned AND trial mech and remove trials from "owned" :D

Edited by Lt Badger, 15 July 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#3 gloowa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 645 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

View Postdaemur, on 15 July 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

They appear in the "Owned" tab because you have use of them. Currently this isn't a bug.

Thanks

own verb [T not continuous] (HAVE LEGALLY) /əʊn/ /oʊn/
"to have something that legally belongs to you"

usable adjective /ˈjuː.zə.bl̩/
1. "available or convenient for use"
2. "capable of being used"

Currently it makes no sense.

#4 Mithos

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

They appear in the "Owned" tab because you have use of them. Currently this isn't a bug.

Then, what am i currently supposed to do to get only mechs i own, and not the mechs i have use of?

View PostNarnia, on 15 July 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

Seeing as you own the rights to use trial mechs, I think it still fits :D

If i think opposite, am i supposed to go to feature suggestion thread instead of bug report then?

#5 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:31 PM

View PostNarnia, on 15 July 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

Suggestion board is a good place for this. What daemur said is unfortunately very accurate. We are aware of it but at this time it is not considered a bug.

Narnia, with all due respect, instead of coming back with a suggestion on where to post topics like this, which have been running for several patches now, perhaps you'd get more traction is you acknowledged the implied complaint and said something to the effect that the developers are aware of the issue and it is under consideration.

Mithos knows it isn't a bug, but is trying to use humour in an attempt to get the constantly repeated concern across that a large portion of the game population thinks dumping all the Trial Mechs in with actual owned inventory is annoying. It seems the only person who didn't get the joke would be daemur. Again...with all due respect.

#6 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

This is not a bug, but it is annoying. I only want to see Mechs in the "owned" mechs tab that I actually own. Make another tab for trial mechs please.

#7 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

The current setup (which many of us discussed at length) for sorting Mechs in the Mechlab can be fine tuned by PGI. We have all the category selections along the side. We all (most of us at least) understand that Trial Mechs are available for everyone to use. GREAT! But... when you've got somewhere between 46-130 Mechs like some folks in my unit... it's rather annoying to sift through Trial Mechs. If the filter for the Mechlab could be enhanced/modified to represent "Owned, Purchasable, Trial" would be a big improvement. I'll reiterate the fact... I don't own a Trial Mech, but they show up under the Owned filter because they are available to everyone... but many of us do not wish to see them. Could we get this moved to the Suggestion threads and have the Devs look into this for us. We all understand Trial Mechs are a necessity to newer players, or those looking to test out a new Mech.

#8 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

Better yet... EVERYONE go here and vote on the POLL for Hiding/Filtering Trial Mechs :P

#9 ollo

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

Seeing as you own the rights to use trial mechs, I think it still fits :P

Seeing as you don't seem to grasp the proper meaning of "owned", I still think you're wrong.

#10 NancyBoy

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

Seeing as you own the rights to use trial mechs, I think it still fits :P

as i allready own most of the trial champion mechs, its quite annoying to have the trial and my champion mechs listed
not to mention with my other 100++ mechs my mechbays gets very clustered

#11 ollo

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

View Postollo, on 15 July 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

Seeing as you don't seem to grasp the proper meaning of "owned", I still think you're wrong.

P.S.: i understand that you (as in PGIGP) want to make money and presume listing buyable champions mechs as owned will server this cause, but i still think you're wrong. It won't trick ANYONE into buying or playing a mech (not that this would be a good idea in the first place), so it's just a nuisance. Alas, i still think you're wrong (and so does over 90% of the vocal minority playerbase).

#12 ollo

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

View Postollo, on 15 July 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

P.S.: i understand that you (as in PGIGP) want to make money and presume listing buyable champions mechs as owned will server this cause, but i still think you're wrong. It won't trick ANYONE into buying or playing a mech (not that this would be a good idea in the first place), so it's just a nuisance. Alas, i still think you're wrong (and so does over 90% of the vocal minority playerbase).

P.P.S.: could someone in your company please think of other (heart)(heart)(heart)(heart)ing ways to encourage players to stay and play and eventually buy? Like, i don't know, WE-events where you actually can win something useful or interesting?
  • get a mech for 10 won matches?
  • get a champion mech for 50 won matches?
  • get a random color for every 5 wins?
  • get quadruple XP as long you only play one chassis over 20 games?
  • get double CB for the first 10 matches played?
  • get a random module for destroying 30 components?
  • get a random cockpit item for 30 kills?
  • (heart)(heart)(heart)(heart) it, i'm sick of doing your job...

#13 HazyLazy

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

Even just sorting all the trial mechs to the start or bottom of the list would be an improvement.
i.e. trail mechs (light, medium, heavy, assault) at the start of the list followed by actually owned mechs, instead of all mixed together.

#14 Innocent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

I know PGI does not consider it a bug but it would be great if there was a checkbox for "show trial mechs".

#15 Past

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

Can you explain why they show up in the Mechlab when there is no possible way to use any Mechlab functionality with them? you can't alter parts, colors, camos, modules, upgrades etc so why are they in the mechlab at all there is no lab element to them whatsoever.

#16 Mithos

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 15 July 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

Mithos knows it isn't a bug

Why you so sure? Looks like a clear UI bug to me, that is too minor from dev's point of view to acknowledge and fix already. No one in the sane mind would seriously say that "own the rights to use" baloney, if its not to cover for resource shortage.

#17 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:15 PM

If I already own them, then what does this "BUY" button do?

Just filter them out already. How hard can it be. We already had this functionality in UI 1.X. How come it was lost when transferring to UI 2.X ?

#18 Mithos

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:10 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 15 July 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

We already had this functionality in UI 1.X. How come it was lost when transferring to UI 2.X ?

Actually, a lot of technology known at UI 1.x golden era was lost with 2.0 succession. "Effortless mech building", "selecting 4-mech drop-of-the-day", "one-click joining the battle", "separated trial and owned mechs" - all of this was common not long ago and now considered as lostech. Can't wait for devs to rediscover those features and implement in current UI, for it to regain all previous usability.

#19 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:14 AM

View PostGrendel408, on 15 July 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

Better yet... EVERYONE go here and vote on the POLL for Hiding/Filtering Trial Mechs :D

Go VOTE! Otherwise this thread is useless as we're suggesting something for the Devs :D

#20 Lt Badger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

hiding the trial mechs

View PostGrendel408, on 16 July 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

Go VOTE! Otherwise this thread is useless as we're suggesting something for the Devs :D

how many votes we need to get it changed, or how long should we vote?

that thread is 6 weeks/ 3 patches old and an answer every patch is like...

Thanks

I do not want to destroy any hopes, but i think it will be not changed, or not so quickly :D

for my part, i have, or had allmost all mech types and i wouldn´t use any trial mechs, unless we get mew mechs and i mean really new mechs, not new variants
a buddy of me sometimes takes a trial mech instead of his own, usually when it goes fast to change the mech and launch another game, he is allmost frustrated about this, because the trial mechs´re not so well equuipped and playable than own mechs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users