Feedback

157 replies to this topic

#1 Mobile Ordnance Platform

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

after missiles changes LRMs in general are now too powerful

this makes the game either extremely boring and one dimensional or almost unplayable

#2 SHIELD MAIDEN

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

Be ready for the lrm hate to rain on you for this thread. I am feeling your pain already. I love you though.

#3 Biaxialrain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 291 posts
  • LocationThe Borderlands

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

I agree, the only thing keeping them in check was the minimal range...........................

#4 DarkonFullPower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:11 PM

Last I checked it wasn't a straight line for damage. 90m LRM's are only supposed to do 20-30% damage if I remembering correctly. Huge waste of their very precious ammo supply.

#5 SHIELD MAIDEN

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

I forgot to mention. ECM and lots of it.

#6 Mobile Ordnance Platform

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:38 PM

i love u too wonder chimp !

#7 Steel Claws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:02 PM

Now that the damage model is different, it does seem they do to much damage.

#8 Falcrist

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHagen /Germany

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:38 PM

You die twice as fast now from lurms. The damage is way to high for a weapon which doesn't require direct line of sight

#9 Panzerbjorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:24 PM

They seem to be working just fine for me, both on the giving and receiving ends. I don't feel like my CLRM boats are downing anything faster than before, and I don't feel that when I get rained on I'm dying any faster than before. Avoiding LRMs is the same as ever - ECM, AMS, cover, kill NARCs. I don't remember any missiles changes other than the ones to Min Range and Streaks in this patch anyway, LRMs work the same as before far as I can tell.

#10 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:31 PM

The problem in itself isn't necessarily the damage under 180 its the impulse under 180.

#11 SgtKinCaiD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:36 PM

I agree with Steel Claws and Falcrist : lrm damage seem way to high now.

#12 Charon DOC Stock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationA partir de 100.000 C-Bills.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:33 AM

• ALL LRMs and StreakSRMs now have the same on collision behavior treatment that the SRMs recently have had.
    • LRMs and Streaks will now deal direct pinpoint damage to the component they come in contact with without splashing neighboring components.
Now I understand how my Jenner back can be oneshoted by a single shot of lrm 10.

You can be shred very fast now (by IS launcher).
In my opinion.

Edited by Doc Shmol, 16 July 2014 - 01:39 AM.

#13 Arn0ldSchwarzenegger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 198 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHigh Wycombe, England

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:08 AM

Play smart, with the LRM's being altered a lot of people will use them and It will die out again, ECM and Agressive tacts and the LRMS die, LRM boats dont like being shot, thats why they use LRMs use that to your advantage!

#14 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:16 AM

It never died out the first time LRMs got a serious buff a couple months ago. Why would this be any different? Couple that with the fact that it's something clan mechs do that inner sphere mechs CANNOT DO, there is literally no reason why clan players would stop using their better missiles 'just because.'

LRMs continue to get fixes for players who aren't competitive otherwise, which is fine and dandy in a system based on random chance. It's not so fine in a game based on FPS where it eliminates any semblance of skill. Yes, you need to actually know what you're doing to use LRMs EFFECTIVELY. You just need to show up and press butan to produce average damage when you can't with other weapons.

#15 Vermaxx

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:37 AM

701 damage on a River City Night, so I'm sure plenty of missiles were wasted

3 medium lasers
2 lrm 15 with artemis
tag
4 tons of ammo

I don't think I've done that well on a shart map since Artemis first came out.

#16 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:46 AM

View PostDoc Shmol, on 16 July 2014 - 01:33 AM, said:

• ALL LRMs and StreakSRMs now have the same on collision behavior treatment that the SRMs recently have had.
    • LRMs and Streaks will now deal direct pinpoint damage to the component they come in contact with without splashing neighboring components.

That tells us 2 things:
1) SRM were fixed by removing splash damage entirely (not just by reducing the radius). We all know they were quite useful since that fix.
2) LRM and Streak damage was bugged, just like SRM damage. Now that is fixed, they deal more damage when they actually connect with the hit box.

Now the LRM damage can be reliably tweaked without producing random results.

#17 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:24 AM

only issue i see with lrm's is there arc. reduced arc would fix the entire issue is one fell swoop, hell reduce there arc by ALOT and increase there speed ALOT and there range for that fact.

#18 Ascheriit Davion

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:35 AM

I'm an LRM (currently TimberWold LRM20 x2 (990lrms) with 2cLlaser + 2cMlaser build) user but never had any issue avoiding LRM rain.

Enemy team with good ecm cover will pretty much screw me up.
Enemy team with good tagger will pretty much screw me up
Tagged by narc is the same whether you're a brawler or LRM user

As for cover, hiding behind anything taller than your mech and stick close to it is one of the best solution. (or standing behind atlas or direwolf, anything bigger is fine too). Under a bridge, etc..even better.

Against another LRM user (IS or Clan) just get under 180m and everything is fair game. A bit harder now (not by much) with clan LRM that do damage under 180 m. But still the dmg is greatly reduced...and the target needs to be on target despite of a lock for the LRM to hit.

As a mostly PUG player...sometimes i get into good team sometime i get into bad team. But overall, LRM is doing fine and not very op

as a side note, as player with average ping 270-330, lrm is currently our best weapon due to lock target feature, followed by laser. Any balistic weapon will mostly miss due to the lag....sigh....

Light mech...well I hate you guys and u have ur speed and small dimension and most of you have the ability to mount ecm.

#19 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

View PostSLDF DeathlyEyes, on 15 July 2014 - 11:31 PM, said:

The problem in itself isn't necessarily the damage under 180 its the impulse under 180.

I consider this to be the real issue.

Receiving damage at its reduced rate is not that bad, but a single clan LRM boat can effectively take you out of the game by endless screen shake.

Ohwaitaminute!
It makes me nauseous!
So you are oblieged to change it!
Ha!

Edited by Molossian Dog, 16 July 2014 - 08:05 AM.

#20 Jern

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts
  • LocationAR

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:47 AM

View PostAscheriit Davion, on 16 July 2014 - 07:35 AM, said:

I'm an LRM (currently TimberWold LRM20 x2 (990lrms) with 2cLlaser + 2cMlaser build) user but never had any issue avoiding LRM rain.

Enemy team with good ecm cover will pretty much screw me up.
Enemy team with good tagger will pretty much screw me up
Tagged by narc is the same whether you're a brawler or LRM user

As for cover, hiding behind anything taller than your mech and stick close to it is one of the best solution. (or standing behind atlas or direwolf, anything bigger is fine too). Under a bridge, etc..even better.

Against another LRM user (IS or Clan) just get under 180m and everything is fair game. A bit harder now (not by much) with clan LRM that do damage under 180 m. But still the dmg is greatly reduced...and the target needs to be on target despite of a lock for the LRM to hit.

As a mostly PUG player...sometimes i get into good team sometime i get into bad team. But overall, LRM is doing fine and not very op

as a side note, as player with average ping 270-330, lrm is currently our best weapon due to lock target feature, followed by laser. Any balistic weapon will mostly miss due to the lag....sigh....

Light mech...well I hate you guys and u have ur speed and small dimension and most of you have the ability to mount ecm.

Your describing a game that most of us simply do not "WANT" to have to play. The reason we strap into giant armor mechs is to not have to cower under cover constantly in fear of -instant- death the moment we are are targeted and "locked".

Please understand I do not want a game where we can run into the middle of multiple enemy mechs and live through it, but a normal "battletech" game where you can actually "see" several mechs at once on the field of battle and as long as they stay moving, torso twist, and do not try to take on outrages odds they can live for a few rounds and dish out return fire. LRMs should be just another weapon that I can torsos twist away from or in some way make myself harder to hit, but that is not how it works right now. If you are locked, tagged, or narced your going to draw fire from multiple LRM mechs that you can not even see and they with a press of a button are going to send 100s of points of damage directly to your CT and there is NOTHING you can do about it. It is the equaivilant to "stun locking" in other games which removes all skill from game play and forces a playstyle that is simple not desired ...e.g. the above quoted post. I would be in less danger having stepped out to fire at 2 or 3 direct fire mechs at short range than to have 2 or 3 LRM mechs lock me .. that is just WRONG.

So please do not try to glamorize a game that involves 100 ton mechs cowering behind any cover they can find and not daring to move unless ECM and other precautions are in place. We already have a game that we like very much it is called "Battletech" and LRMs mechs are not supposed to be any more dangerous than any other weapon and should not be insta lock, insta death, newb tubes.

Please nerf LRMS. Mostly it is Inner Sphere LRMs firing in tight clumps that are the biggest threat to game balance. I actually find Clan LRMs to be far more balanced and wish all LRM's fired in a stream with Artemis only affecting the length of the stream. Now that Clan LRMs have their min range .. I really think the streaming effect should be considered for all LRMs. With clan LRMs you can cause damage spread just by being in motion as they hit you, unlike the IS LRM clump which just smacks 70 plus percent of the damage to the CT all at once.

Thanks,

Edited by Jern, 16 July 2014 - 10:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users