#1 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:07 PM

Hey Everyone,

Its been just short of forever since I posted on here, but I must say I am enjoying the game (even though I suck at It lol).

I seem to be having a bug, where some of my weapon groups save, and some do not.
I will log in on any given day, an find that about half of my mechs have had their weapon groups reset and all of them are on group '1'.
I then have to go into each Mech, set them how I want, save, and I can then play them for the rest of the time I am on. However if I log out and back in again, I face the same problem.

Does anyone else have this issue?
Is there a Fix?

Thanks in advance,

-Soul

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

It occurs for me with each patch.
No fix, though.

#3 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

I've has some funny moments where I've lined up a shot, and had nothing happen due to me not double checking my groups first, leaving me needing to find a spot to set them up again.

I just simply keep fixing groups in matches when this happens to me.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:04 AM

I have heard some users reporting success with deleting the weapongroups.xml (/piranha games/mechwarrior/user/profiles/yourname/weapongroups.xml ) file and starting over from scratch. Unsure of the long-term success, though

#5 MFZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:25 AM

View PostSoul Tribunal, on 15 July 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:

However if I log out and back in again, I face the same problem.

Even on the same day, yes?

#6 Heydiddly

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 79 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:03 AM

I get the same problem. Every. Damn. Time.

It's always the same set of mechs whose groups are reset, and they are inter-related somehow.

For example, I log in and the groups for my Atlas DDC and my Stalker 5M have been reset. I play a game with my 5M and set the groups (10 weapons in 4 groups, HUGELY frustrating). If I then play the next match in any mech EXCEPT my DDC, the 5M's groups remain set. If I play it in my DDC though, set its groups, blow things up, etc., then play my third match in the 5M again, its groups have already been reset, purely by virtue of playing the DDC (whose own groups will then have been reset again after that third match too). I can use the Atlas D in this scenario and it still works, haven't tried my other Stalker or Atlas. I can replicate this example as many times as I want, and it has unfortunately just led to me not using the 5M anymore, it isn't worth the effort.

I know that example was a bit convoluted, but hopefully it makes sense and provides some useful insight into the problem.

It occurs to me that this information would probably be more useful in the bugs section, buuut not my thread.

Edited by Heydiddly, 16 July 2014 - 04:22 AM.

#7 Ballimbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:32 AM

Some questions to hopefully narrow the issue down:

Where do you set the weapons-group (in an actual match, in the training grounds, on the UI 2.0)?
Does it make any difference if you set it somewhere else?

Do you change the weapons-loadout of the affected mech somewhere in the process?

Edited by Ballimbo, 16 July 2014 - 04:33 AM.

#8 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:55 AM

Yes, it even happens on the same day. So say for example I am out in my blackjack and playing a few games. I have all its grouping setup in the MechBay. If I log out, for a few hours and then later on come back to the game and login my Laser's are all back to group 1 again.

But I will note that it is like others have stated the same mechs being effected by this bug.

My BJ-1X, Dragon etc etc. But none of my Nova Cats. 1 out of 3 HBK's are effect as well. I always have to spend extra time when I login to re-set each of these mechs before I can play.

Good to know I am not alone in this,

-ST

#9 Pekiti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

If you can get a screenshot of the groups set up right, then log back in and they are changed, take another screenshot and submit both to support, they might be able to help track down the bug that way. Especially if its always the same mechs.

#10 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:34 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 16 July 2014 - 03:04 AM, said:

I have heard some users reporting success with deleting the weapongroups.xml (/piranha games/mechwarrior/user/profiles/yourname/weapongroups.xml ) file and starting over from scratch. Unsure of the long-term success, though

Have you tried this? It really sounds like the problem is in that file, either shared ID's in the XML or not getting written correctly. I've not encountered this bug, but this file is the first thing I would try to fix. Downside is you lose all your weapon groups for every mech. Unless you're able to read XML and can ID a problem with the structure/format to manually fix it.

Edited by EgoSlayer, 21 July 2014 - 09:57 AM.

#11 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:16 AM

I have never had this problem. Obviously some kind of bug. The suggestion about deleting the weapongroups.xml seems like the first best troubleshooting step. (It will automatically regenerate, as will any files in the USER folder, though it wipes your settings).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users