Major Server Issues, Freezing, Lag, Drop Outs, Etc..can You Address These?

69 replies to this topic

#1 Biaxialrain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 291 posts
  • LocationThe Borderlands

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

Ever since yesterday's patch, I freeze in game, the game freezes, can't lock targets, other mechs start walking in place, can't fire weapons, quit, come back, I'm able to walk around and shoot other players who aren't there.

I was in a game with a PGI player yesterday when this happened.

Edited by Biaxialrain, 16 July 2014 - 10:39 AM.

#2 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:41 AM

Where are you located... what's your avg ping... what's your PC specs like? Filed a ticket yet?

#3 Biaxialrain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 291 posts
  • LocationThe Borderlands

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:51 AM

My average ping is 20-30ms.

I'm north of Chicago.

4770K, HD7950, 120GB SSD, 2TB HDD, nothing wrong with my PC.

#4 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:22 PM

Sounds like a DNS issue then... http://mwomercs.com/...ry-again-later/ and file a support ticket...

#5 Rumblebutt

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 83 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

Maybe i just have a crappy ISP but I've experienced this same thing. My ping will show up anywhere from 88 - 130, but nobody will be moving, and there always seems to be multiple disconnects (like 3 - 5 on any team). Has only happened to me once (so far) since the patch launch, but since the patch launch, this is the only time i've ever experienced anything like this.

#6 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:58 PM

I have also noticed this issue a lot since the latest patch. I only extremely infrequently had issues prior to this patch. I am consistently at 37-39 ping, 100-140 fps, and running a 4770k, 32 gb of ram, 2 tb hdd, and a GTX 760.

#7 Tupperware

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:15 PM

I too have this issue every other game it seems completely unplayable for much of the match or some of it. Chat stops working all mechs move in place and no locks are possible I dont see who killed me ect ect ect... Wasted my money on a monthly sub for this?

#8 HybridTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 281 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostRumblebutt, on 16 July 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

Maybe i just have a crappy ISP but I've experienced this same thing. My ping will show up anywhere from 88 - 130, but nobody will be moving, and there always seems to be multiple disconnects (like 3 - 5 on any team). Has only happened to me once (so far) since the patch launch, but since the patch launch, this is the only time i've ever experienced anything like this.

I was fine yesterday but 3 drops in a row today I saw this issue happening... my last match everyone except 4 people DC'd and when time ran out the game just kept going. I exited and haven't gone back in since... ping isn't the issue for me either and this problem has never happened before... something buggered with the re-join code perhaps lagging things down server side?

Edited by HybridTheory, 17 July 2014 - 09:05 AM.

#9 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:18 AM

More obvious on end... The network jitter to PGI game server has gone up significantly for the past 2 months.

#10 Rashkae

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:27 AM

This last patch was bad. Especially if you "Rejoin" after you died. MWOclient.exe hits 1GB RAM usage and you need to force-quit.

#11 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

I experienced this as well last night. Freezing up for a long time and weird lag. Admittedly I have not had an issue with it happening before until last night when it was terribly bad. Games where freezing up for a couple minutes.

60 meg connection in the Midwest here, ping is usually 20-30 as well.

#12 Herod

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

I have been getting this as well after the last patch. Maybe 1x out of 9-10 games. Sometimes it is temporary, and on some occasions I need to drop out. It is like my client gets out of sync.

H

#13 Kelbor

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

Same here. Been getting odd behavior like the game client and server get out of sync and after 10-15 sec. I get a lot of rubberbanding and everything settles down to normal for a seconds before weird out of sync behavior starts again. My ping to server stays steady at 87-89ms. I've locked out all connections to the router but the gaming PC and problems persist.

#14 Vector

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 41 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

I have this too

#15 drizz786

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 36 posts
  • LocationCardross Scotyland

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

same here, lag spikes, mechlab freezing or getting stuck, also same for team mates from different countries, hope they suss it out quick.

#16 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:55 PM

I have been noticing this also occasionally since the last patch. Also maybe because of the weekend traffic, I have been getting this 5 out of 6 games I played today and even on the 6st game there was much more lag.

#17 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:34 PM

View PostBiaxialrain, on 16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

Ever since yesterday's patch, I freeze in game, the game freezes, can't lock targets, other mechs start walking in place, can't fire weapons, quit, come back, I'm able to walk around and shoot other players who aren't there.

I was in a game with a PGI player yesterday when this happened.

Your not the only one who has noticed this. Usually the server would have a certain spike of some sort once in a while yes there has been something odd with the server since the last patch. I had those lagg, dropped connections, and all for the past few days now and it seems to be happening a lot more now. my only guess is that the server isnt being checked on nor whatever the hell they call it.

Im in Southern California and my ping usually stays about the 90 to 100 ms 90% of the time which is typical. Then again... The place where our server for this game is at is not really the best place for it imo.

#18 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

This is actually fairly common right now, happens at least once a day for me, sometimes twice. Usually it never recovers but the one I had today only lasted about 20 seconds then was able to play normally.

Iv got stellar ping (usually 30-50) and could probably hit a MWO server with a rock from where I am, prior to the most recent patch this NEVER happened and iv played MWO sense early to mid closed beta.

#19 Jeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:33 PM

major lag spikes for me too... to the point I am in combat, then 3-4 seconds later if I am still alive I can move etc again... no issues before the patch like this.
Ping seems fine, 30-50 average...

Edited by Jeb, 19 July 2014 - 10:34 PM.

#20 Kroah

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:49 AM

Same for me. It happens ~every two matches.
I quit the match hoping it will works again after rejoining, but most of the time, when i click on Rejoin, i'm back to the Mech Lab with the message "Disconnected from game server" after the map loading screen.

Edited by Kroah, 20 July 2014 - 03:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users