How About Some (More) Useful Modules?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

I'd suggest tweaks to existing modules, but those suggestions would be even less likely to be realized than these :D...

---

A vision mode module that gives you the old vision modes (wherein you could actually see things at a distance)?

A UAV catapult module that will launch your UAV (sold separately, ofc) 1-3 map squares forward?

Since they seem to like the module system and we don't seem likely to get any alternate armor types:

A module that has effects that amount to giving you glazed armor.

A module that has effects that amount to giving you reactive armor.

A Blue Shield module. Ideally, it would have a really obvious visual effect accompanied by a distinct sound when activated... and anyone who fires a PPC at a mech that has one of these modules activated WOULD SUFFER TERRIBLE FEEDBACK, CAUSING THE PPC TO EXPLODE AND TAKE OUT THE SECTION OF THE BODY THAT HOLDS THE PPC!... but only if the one firing the PPC(s) had active jump jets within 3 seconds of making the shot :D.

HUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!

--

Also, we should drastically increase the RoF of CSSRM4s and CSSRM6s and just cause them to trigger the old "WARNING YOU ARE BEING LOCKED ON TO" message that LRMs were saddled with.

#2 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:00 PM

How about separating the lock/unlock sounds from Radar Deprivation and making that a separate module?

#3 StompingOnTanks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

I want a Mech Module that, when activated, causes my mech to moonwalk while in reverse.

Edited by StompingOnTanks, 16 July 2014 - 02:40 PM.

#4 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

View PostStompingOnTanks, on 16 July 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

I want a Mech Module that, when activated, causes my mech to moonwalk while in reverse.

Would you accept sliding around like a Gear from Heavy Gear? I've seen that bug happen a few times.

It's hilarious and actually kinda cool looking sometimes.

View PostLyoto Machida, on 16 July 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

How about separating the lock/unlock sounds from Radar Deprivation and making that a separate module?

Works for me.

#5 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:10 AM

Reversible Arms Module, hit ] to toggle. On 'Mechs with no lower arm actuators, this points your arms behind you, allowing you to shoot whatever is staring at your back. On 'Mechs with lower arm actuators, this instantly destroys both your arms as the servos bend the joints against their limits. 5000 GXP to unlock, 3,000,000 c-bills to buy. Leads to Advanced Reversible Arms (another 5000 GXP), which gives you a picture-in-picture of what your arms are actually pointing at when engaged.

I Am Jade Falcon Module. Allows your jump jets to count as flamers with a range of 10m. 10,000 GXP to unlock, 6,000,000 c-bills to buy. Players who have been members of the Clan Jade Falcon for a consecutive year get a discount of 20%, but earn 20% less experience while it is fitted due to a reliance on disgusting close-combat techniques.

#6 Nova Latios Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 606 posts
  • LocationAnother Galaxy

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:42 AM

Yes Angel ECM Suite!

http://www.sarna.net...Angel_ECM_Suite

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users