18 replies to this topic

#1 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

Trothkin,

Theta Galaxy will be hosting a Star versus Star round robin tournament, called the Batchall. Before we push it to the open public, in order to ensure it is streamlined and understandable to all potential players, we are planning to do a dry run rehearsal.

We are looking for upwards of twenty outside pilots to participate in the rehearsal matches.

If you are interested, please reply here or PM me with your best times available. We normally plan such events for a Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Sunday night close to 9pm EST but can be flexible as this will not be a full length run.

It will be a series of single drops against opponents under specified conditions in teams of five, running a minimum of one Mech per weight class.

All of the other rules etc will be published prior to the rehearsal day.

If successful, we hope to conduct this full-bore among the MWO community over a period of several days with the final four or eight teams competing in a bracket finals vice the initial group round-robin rounds.

Smoke Adders will be providing 20+ pilots for the rehearsal.

#2 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:04 PM

Galaxy Commander Banacek of Clan Smoke Adder, will your "Batchall Tournament" be held in accordance with the rules of Zellbrigen?

#3 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:14 PM

If all the Clans agreed upon such a notion's definition, yes.

Since they do not, the rules will be in accordance with Clan traditions for full combat, but perhaps not everyone's definition of zellbrigen.

In the end, it will expect honorable combat by all parties.

Hope that answer meets your expectations Mechwarrior Edward Mattlov.

Edited by Lukoi, 16 July 2014 - 08:15 PM.

#4 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:52 AM

I thought we already did that in the Strana Mechty meeting we had which was based on what was discussed in the Grand Council forums.

#5 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:53 AM

JC what was agreed upon was fairly small as you well know.

"6) Zellbrigen Standard: No consumables, it is a one-on-one duel, First shot from both participants must be a single weapon (no alpha strikes). Any further rulings are to be agreed upon at individual events."

So again, we are looking for volunteer pilots and or five man teams (not neccessarily full units) to do a run through of the tourney with us in order to test it for streamlining, clarity and to gain outsider perspective on viable tweaks to the event.

If you are interested in assisting and getting a first look please reply here or via PM.

Edited by Lukoi, 17 July 2014 - 10:01 AM.

#6 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

Right, what else do you need? All zellbrigen really is, is fighting 1v1 as opposed to ganging up on a particular target. Sure there are exceptions to the rule built in but essentially that is what it is. Any particulars can be worked out by the individual leaders for every encounter. I will see if I can make myself available tomorrow.

#7 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 17 July 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

Right, what else do you need? All zellbrigen really is, is fighting 1v1 as opposed to ganging up on a particular target. Sure there are exceptions to the rule built in but essentially that is what it is. Any particulars can be worked out by the individual leaders for every encounter. I will see if I can make myself available tomorrow.

What else people need is between them. The three page forum post there and nearly thirty minute discussion on the subject clearly showed some people think Zellbrigen is much more involved. Frankly, I do not even agree that the GC's final vote is necessary, but is what it is.

I will schedule this event for 8:30pm EST this Friday evening for those interested in a run through with us.

#8 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

Unfortunately 8:30PM Eastern is too early for me, but I will let my fellow Gyrfalcons know.

#9 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

Many thanks EM!

#10 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

I do have a Star of Goliath Scorpion warriors, I'll see if I can get anyone to join.

#11 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:12 PM

Guys, thanks. We're going to reschedule this to next Friday (25th), as its just too short notice to get this rolling with the right numbers.

It will be 8:30pm EST Friday the 25th.

#12 Drunkerd

• PipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:00 AM

Between me and you Ed, I'm sure we can get a star together

#13 Agito Hazen

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 71 posts
  • LocationIronhold Underground Network

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:56 AM

I do not see why not Drunkerd. Betwixt the three of us, if of course all are willing, we should be able to find two other Falcons to join the batchall.

#14 UltraMek

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:52 AM

As a CO for clan jade falcon, I throw ny weight behind this tournament. The falcons should be able to arrange a minimum of two stars on any given night. Also, I too am sick of zell discussions, and frankly have noticed that matches are more entertaining when warriors have free reign. Mechwarriors, you must appreciate that the logistics and organization involved such events must precede exact adherence to the lore. Unless you want to sit thirty minutes between each drop while zell is explained, and broken anyways. Lukoi, if you could pm me on anook after this weekend, ill ensure I have guys corral led, and might be able to attend myself this Friday. My clan has gotten pretty hefty in size(40 plus active), and is pretty used to limited settings like stock no.arty etc

-Star Colonel Ultramek

Edited by UltraMek, 19 July 2014 - 04:53 AM.

#15 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:50 AM

Ultra, I will hit you up on Anook later this week as a reminder of the practice session.

And remember all, this is just a rehearsal. We wish to test clarity, fluidity and time so we can see concretely how long the tourney will take with any given number of teams involved.

Many thanks and good hunting!

#16 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:06 PM

For those interested in a preview or to simply assist in the rehearsal, the Batchall dry run begins in approximately 30 minutes (8:30pm EST).

Bring as few as yourself or as many as five plus to create Stars to fight in these private lobby matches and we will do a few run throughs to see time needed etc.

Ultra, unfortunately, between work and today's events I was not able to reach you on Anook in time. My apologies for the oversight.

Good hunting!

#17 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

Sorry about last weekend Lukoi, we had some events going on, and could not make short notice...

However, alert me with about a week notice prior to the next one, and I can guarantee minimum 1 star to participate, perhaps as much as a trinary.

#18 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

We will decide a date and time over a weekend here in the future and promote it 3-4 weeks out so teams can sign up. Done with rehearsals.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users