5 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

Sorry didnt know where to post this.

I found my old MechCommander2 disc, but its having texture issues running on my computer with windows 7. Does anyone know how to fix this or if i can download the game somewhere where this problem has a fix already attached. Its just fun to get a break here and there.

Thanks ahead of time

#2 Vanguard836

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

A ) Off topic section probably would have been the spot for it.
B ) Try running it in compatibility mode but even then you may have texture issues. I've ran the game plenty of times on Win7 with these issues.

Edited by Vanguard836, 17 July 2014 - 03:47 PM.

#3 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

Agreed, moving to off topic

#4 Jack Avery

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 234 posts
  • LocationSwimming in the lava pools of the Pug Zapper of Mordor, Planet Terra Derpa

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

View PostKyle Wright, on 17 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

Sorry didnt know where to post this.

I found my old MechCommander2 disc, but its having texture issues running on my computer with windows 7. Does anyone know how to fix this or if i can download the game somewhere where this problem has a fix already attached. Its just fun to get a break here and there.

Thanks ahead of time

What type of texture problems are you having? I installed MC2 on a Win 7 machine a while ago and had problems also, but I managed to figure it out. I'm wondering if you had the same issue.

Also, what video card do you have in your system, that's important.

#5 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

I have a GTX660. Just the terrain is all black and white.

#6 Jack Avery

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 234 posts
  • LocationSwimming in the lava pools of the Pug Zapper of Mordor, Planet Terra Derpa

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

What might be your trouble is a file in the MechCommander 2 installation folder called "vidcard.csv". This file can be opened with Excel. It lists a number of videocards from different vendors and any compatibility settings they may need. Since this is an older game, any new card isn't going to be in there, and that can cause troubles, like the messed up textures that I experienced. The way I fixed this was to add my card to the file.

There are several columns in the file that need to be filled out if you want to add a card; the first two are Vendor ID and Device ID. You can find these values by running Dxdiag.exe, but I may be able to spare you some time. The Vendor ID for an Nvidia card is 0x10DE. From a quick search, the Device ID for your card is probably 0x11C0, but you will want to run Dxdiag or check in Nvidia's control panel to make sure.

The next four columns I'm a bit fuzzier on, but my suggestion would be to set them all to 0x00000000. I think these have to do with compatibility tweaks, and for my Radeon 6970 I didn't have to set them to anything other than all zeros, so it may work for you.

The two columns after that are for the vendor name and card name. I think you can figure those out. The final column is for compatibility, but I think you can try just setting it as "none."

I don't know if it will fix your problem or not. If it doesn't, or makes it worse, you can just delete the cells you added, no biggie.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users