Clan Weapons

6 replies to this topic

#1 alby910

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:12 AM

Hi

I dont have any Clan Mechs and have noticed how they weapons obliterate me in a few seconds . I usually play cicada -3m and would like to know if we can put clan mech weapons on IS chassis

Thanks

Edited by alby910, 18 July 2014 - 02:12 AM.

#2 Petard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts
  • LocationGawler, South Australia

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:18 AM

No, you can't.

#3 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:00 AM

While Clan Laser Weapons and PPC have a nominal higher dmg, they deal their dmg over a much longer time than IS weapons.
Clan PPCs do the same primary dmg as IS but they deal 5 splash dmg divided among all neighboring sections of the hit section.
All other Clan weapons have the same dmg potential as IS but mostly a slightly different firering mode. ( And higher range )
ACs dont don't shoot one pinpoint granade but several lower dmg projeciles, LRMs don't come in swarms but in streams.

If you get hit that much by Clanweapons in your cicada you either have a too smal engine equiped or you are moving in a very, very wrong way. ( Cicada is the fastest medium in the game so far )

Don't STAND infront of an enemy. Not even behind an enemy always move. Never run in a straight line.
Especially don't run 180° into him.
Never try run in circles around an enemy. ( Danger of friendly fire and if he has 360° target retention his lancemates will pick you of with lrms. )
Advance unload your dmg or do 1 to 3 salvos and get the hell behind cover.

Edited by The Basilisk, 18 July 2014 - 03:10 AM.

#4 Magos Titanicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSagittarius A

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:36 AM

View Postalby910, on 18 July 2014 - 02:12 AM, said:

Hi

I dont have any Clan Mechs and have noticed how they weapons obliterate me in a few seconds . I usually play cicada -3m and would like to know if we can put clan mech weapons on IS chassis

Thanks

Hi Alby,

let me give you some advices from my rich experiences to stay alive a little longer, though you haven't asked for
1st Speed is crucial: Give your Cicada a big XL Engine minimum a XL300. That let you pace around with about 130km/h.

2nd Movement is crucial: try to be as less stationary as the situation allows it. Try to move constantly so no one can take an easy clearshot. You maybe think, that isn't such a big deal cause you drive an medium, well the Cicada is the lightest medium with very few armor. So be careful where to stand around.

3rd Never strip off the armour from the legs or ST/CT.

Good Luck o7

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:35 AM

View Postalby910, on 18 July 2014 - 02:12 AM, said:

Thanks

Minor advice: Clan weapons are extremely limiting. Anything that uses a Clan autocannon on the arm has next to no flexibility in the arms because of it. Two autocannons and it's zero flexibility at all. Same with PPCs.

This means so long as you don't stay in front of them they can't do anything to you.

Their SRMs do less damage than Inner Sphere SRMs (2.0 versus 2.15) and have the same range.
Their Streaks may have longer range, but also do 2 damage per missile. Their Streak 6 takes 7 seconds to reload, and some Clan configs penalizes them for extra missile launchers by making them take over 9 seconds to reload.

Their LRMs are spammy, but easily taken out with multiple AMS (so group up).

Their lasers can require up to 1.5 seconds of staying on target. However, they can be capable of really long range.

Clan mechs are weakest at shorter ranges. Their backs are almost always so lightly armored a Commando (25 ton light) that glues itself to a Clan mech's back with an SRM-4 and a couple of medium lasers can take out a Warhawk (85 ton assault) out in seconds.

One on one, the Clan mechs will almost always win. But attacked as a group and the mech is in trouble.

Also, if you must fight from in front of them... remember their cockpits are HUGE! Two shots from a Gauss and a medium laser or two (if your focus is bad) will kill every Clan mech with ease. Just time your shots well. Even a Cicada can pull it off.

#6 Sir Tiddles

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:37 AM

Do clan SRMs and LRMs have a faster projectile speed than IS counterparts? IS SRM speed in particular seems really slow to me, and could use a buff in my opinion.

#7 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

View PostSir Tiddles, on 25 July 2014 - 03:37 AM, said:

Do clan SRMs and LRMs have a faster projectile speed than IS counterparts? IS SRM speed in particular seems really slow to me, and could use a buff in my opinion.

SRMs and LRMs have the same speed for IS and Clan weapons but Clan SSRMs are slower.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/equipment

Edited by Sug, 25 July 2014 - 06:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users