• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

Join me and I am the Table streaming live @ twitch.tv/grog_corps for the first ever twitch stream of the Grog Corps! Watch us die horribly on the battlefield whilst we gargle the grog, starting like half an hour ago and lasting til we can't focus on the monitors. Join in on our wacky antics via the chat or just tell us how bad our aim is, whichever. See you on the battlefield!

Edit: We are also accepting 2v2 dual requests! Add either of us and shoot us a challenge.

Edit: If we hit 10 viewers Table will sing William Hung!

Edit: Official DWO (Drunk Warrior Online) rules..

View PostI am the Table, on 23 July 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

OOOH! Here's an opportunity to make the rules a bit easier to see, and so we don't have to keep typing it. (even though I will!)

------- At the beginning of every match, a drink is to be had for what weight class is chosen. The following is to be followed:
LIGHT = 1 Drink
MEDIUM = 2 Drinks
HEAVY = 3 Drinks
ASSAULT = 4 Drinks

For the rest:
--- Every 150 Damage = 1 drink. Round up, when necessary, when you feel like it :D

--- Every kill = 1 drink. Watcher drinks as it happens and we drink them at end. Unless you want to wait for the end also, just makes a more potent alpha strike!

--- Every assist = 1/2 drink. 9 assists? 4 1/2 drinks.

--- Every component = 1/2 drink. ^^ See above.

--- Every 5 Spotting Assists = 1 drink. Round up. 13? 3 drinks.

--- On the fly overheat = as long as overheating, a drink is to be drinken. drunken? oh wait...

--- 'Finesse' Point = Something cool that happens and is worthy of a drink!

FINAL CONDITIONS!

--- A win! The viewer gets to drink! Because its fun to win!

--- A loss!? We the players drink, as to better ourselves for the next match.

--- If we survive! The viewer drinks! No need to deal with spectating!

--- If we die! We take a drink, again, as to better ourselves for next match!

And those are the stipulations, follow along with a lot of drinks and a pencil if you need help with the math!

------ Enjoy keeping up! If you can!!! B) :D :o :wacko: :excl:

Edit:

Due to our redaction, and the creation of our mercenary unit thread dealing with our Twitch stream in the Faction Merc Corps forum, I am officially re-purposing this topic. In order to avoid duplicate threads, the title has been changed and is merely a play on "Tales from the Crypt," but feel free to discuss what you will. The direction of what is discussed here, if anything, is questionable at best. Do not worry though, Table and I will do what we can to keep this place current and interesting!

Edited by t Khrist, 08 August 2014 - 07:10 PM.

#2 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:45 PM

Thanks to all who showed up for our first Grogcast! Nearly made it to 10 viewers but hopefully next time. Until then, stay groggy!

#3 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:32 AM

You know, actual grog has a rather disappointing amount of rum in it. :D

#4 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:05 AM

View PostSnagaDance, on 19 July 2014 - 02:32 AM, said:

You know, actual grog has a rather disappointing amount of rum in it. :D

Originally so it seems, but we go off of the modern reference to any alcoholic beverage. Although we do need to make some actual 'Grog' of our own and consume it on the show, perhaps next time.

Edited by t Khrist, 22 July 2014 - 06:18 PM.

#5 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

Yes more grog than you can garg a shtormcrow at! More grog to come! And no worries SnagaDance, with us theres never a disapointing amount of rum gargargarg. Seriously though 10 viewers and William Hung is getting sung!

#6 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:55 AM

I like your style sneeking! It makes dealing with certain situations in this game a little easier ;) And Marack I was going for a Sean Connery-style way of saying it, I just watched that video the other day also haha. Maybe next time we stream you can hear how shtormcrow ish shaid sho you can judge it for yourshelf?

#7 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:55 PM

Ok followers, so here it is..

The official announcement of the second ever live stream of the Grog Corps. Yes I know I can hardly believe it myself, but with the overwhelming response to the first stream we have decided to continue downing brew into our ugly traps and seeing how well we can move around giant battlemechs, all the while broadcasting to any and all who care to watch.

But on a serious note, we had fun the first time and will continue to do so. So join us Thursday July 24th at around 5:00 PM eastern time @ twitch.tv/grog_corps and enjoy basking in the utter failure of Table and myself!

See you on the battlefield!

As always our standing acceptance of 2 on 2 dual challenges will be honored per request. We'll most likely lose, but it's nice to duke it out without ten teammates interfering sometimes right?

Edited by t Khrist, 26 July 2014 - 10:13 AM.

#8 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

View Postsneeking, on 21 July 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:

give me a case of hoegarten and an ssrm6 huginn and ill be entertained till sunrise :)

I don't think our timezones are complimentary but if im able I'll stop in to check it out.

Well if you're not able to make it we appreciate the thought! I can tell from your sig that we think alike sir. ;)

#9 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

Just a reminder that not tomorrow, but Thursday the 24th the Grog Corpswill be streaming live @ twitch.tv/grog_corps.

And don't forget that if we hit 10 viewers Table will sing a special rendition of William Hung!

Join us for the kickoff shot around 5:00 PM eastern time, so don't forget your whiskey!

Edited by t Khrist, 26 July 2014 - 10:14 AM.

#10 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

I've decided to run an interesting build during the stream. I won't tell you what it is, but it's pretty cheesy. If a better hint than 'it is a clan mech' is thought of it will be provided. I was also thinking that I could perhaps set a viewer goal in a similar fashion to Table's 10-Hung; maybe, 7? (I hope we've set our standards low enough..)

See you on the battlefield! :D

#11 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

I spent a few hours today working on a placeholder logo for us Grog Corps until we can get a better one done. It's currently up on the twitch page. Here it is:

Posted Image

#12 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:44 PM

OOOH! Here's an opportunity to make the rules a bit easier to see, and so we don't have to keep typing it. (even though I will!)

------- At the beginning of every match, a drink is to be had for what weight class is chosen. The following is to be followed:
LIGHT = 1 Drink
MEDIUM = 2 Drinks
HEAVY = 3 Drinks
ASSAULT = 4 Drinks

For the rest:
--- Every 150 Damage = 1 drink. Round up, when necessary, when you feel like it :(

--- Every kill = 1 drink. Watcher drinks as it happens and we drink them at end. Unless you want to wait for the end also, just makes a more potent alpha strike!

--- Every assist = 1/2 drink. 9 assists? 4 1/2 drinks.

--- Every component = 1/2 drink. ^^ See above.

--- Every 5 Spotting Assists = 1 drink. Round up. 13? 3 drinks.

--- On the fly overheat = as long as overheating, a drink is to be drinken. drunken? oh wait...

--- 'Finesse' Point = Something cool that happens and is worthy of a drink!

FINAL CONDITIONS!

--- A win! The viewer gets to drink! Because its fun to win!

--- A loss!? We the players drink, as to better ourselves for the next match.

--- If we survive! The viewer drinks! No need to deal with spectating!

--- If we die! We take a drink, again, as to better ourselves for next match!

And those are the stipulations, follow along with a lot of drinks and a pencil if you need help with the math!

------ Enjoy keeping up! If you can!!! :ph34r: :D :ph34r: :lol: :huh:

Edited by I am the Table, 23 July 2014 - 06:51 PM.

#13 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

No worries sneeking, we won't hold you accountable (<--sweet that word has table in it) for the lack of "audience participation."...this time :D

No but really its all good! Those are just to put the rules in stone and for a quick reference guide!

My stomach is gurgling for the events that are about to happen later today....

Edit:
Hopefully we are funny enough to watch to make up for the lack of drinkage!

Edited by I am the Table, 24 July 2014 - 12:12 PM.

#14 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:42 PM

Ok everyone, sorry for the delay. Table and I are finishing up preparations for the stream and we will be live shortly (~6:00 PM). Prepare yourselves.. just.. prepare.. ... .. .... ..

#15 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:44 PM

The stream is up and running! Come join us at twitch.tv/grog_corps for some live streaming fun.

#16 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

Yeah something needed to be in the gullet before mass quantities of drinkage occured!

#17 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

Ohhhh snap....tequila you say...here's a list, in order of descending grumpiness, of liquor that agrees or doesn't agree:

- Scotch - a dapper friend who only does the nicest things! Too expensive to hang out with a lot though.
- Whiskey - The go-to. Always there and can be cheap, and even the bad stuff tastes great :)
- Jagermeister - Who can resist Das Jagamonsta!? No one, especially this hetfield.
- Wild Turkey - a fine blend of bourbon and whiskey and it surely turns me into a wild turkey!
- Rum - Another solid go-to for any occasion. Over consumption usually leads to funnier times ahead.
- Vodka - The cheapy (5'o, kamchatka vadka i like to say that hah) will get you wasted fast and the expensive stuff tastes like water, which is as dangerous as it is good.
- TEQUILA - We do not agree on balanced terms. The night usually ends with me getting into a fight with myself, in which I lose every time! Tequila wins.
- Gin - Will not drink Gin. Gin does not taste good to me. I will not judge others for enjoying it, but I will not have it! I don't like the taste of lemon hetfield cleaner and pine trees.

#18 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

Hahaha, funny how that works! I do like patron, I've not had mezcal, and El Toro I must avoid, even though it has that cool hat for a top! That's a good amount of heineken! I haven't had Heiny since I cut my finger on the bottle when I was trying to open it without a bottle opener. I know, sounds dumb, and believe me it was, 8 stitches later...so i may be a little Heiny shy these days...gives me a little ptsd :)
Theres just too many beers and not enough time to list them that I enjoy hahaha.

Edit: I have never had sake, and have wanted to try it for a very long time. Do you have any suggestions as to where to start?

-------UPDATE------
What?! Could it possibly be?! Yet ANOTHER stream I say!?!?! AYE! Back by popular demand, us Groglodytes are gonna be streaming again, Friday July 25th!!! Not sure when we are going to start, but I will just throw out(up) a time of around 6ish pm EDT. We may run into more technical problems like yesterday, who knows...but regardless its more fun to drink on a friday than a thursday anyway, so we should be streaming for our longest amount of time yet! So grab your Grog and jump in on the fun of consuming mass quantities!

Edited by I am the Table, 25 July 2014 - 10:47 AM.

#19 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

I think we should figure out how to request this topic be moved to the Fan Creations sub-forum in the Community Hyperpulse Generator. It is more fitting being this is a thread pertaining to a group and our live stream. I imagine I should e-mail support about it maybe?

#20 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

Attention Grognards:

The Grog Corps stream will be going live very soon.

ETA~7:45 PM

See you soon..

Edited by t Khrist, 26 July 2014 - 10:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users