19 replies to this topic

#1 SolarCleric

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

Noob here,

So how is the amount of C-bills I earn per match calculated? It's not based on kills just flat damage right?

Thanks.

#2 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

The precise formula isn't something I keep track of. That said, so far as I know it's a value calculated by the amount of damage you do, plus modifiers and bonuses for various battlefield tasks such as component destructs, kills, assists, TAG/NARC, and the like. The most efficient way to earn C-bills is to deal as much damage as humanly possible, spread-out or not, and maximize your component destruction/assist numbers. Funnily, assists are worth more than kills. Streakboats are good for cash grinding, and the Ilya Moneymets' triple UAC/5 build has been a printing press since the 'Mech was released.

#3 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

If you can manage, the best way to earn money is to hit every enemy at least once so that you get a kill assist, and if their whole team dies you get 12 assists, although be careful to not go too far out of your way to do that so that you do really poorly and possibly lose the match. Another really good way to make money is to help kill somebody that's firing at a teammate so that you get a "savior kill" and they're also really excellent for earning XP too.

There are other ways too but the reward system is rather lame so those are the 2 best methods.

#4 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:05 PM

Farming kill assists is generally the fastest and easiest way to ensure a decent paycheck. The best weapon for this is the ER Large Laser, because it has such amazing range and is pretty easy to hit people with for at least a fraction of a second (which is all it takes to get the assist).

Of course, you should still try to kill stuff as much as possible and getting lucky "savior kills" also helps.

In general, loadouts that spread damage around are better for making money than "clean and efficient" ones are. This is because they require far more damage to kill things, and often destroy multiple non-vital components in the process.

#5 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:12 PM

Also, don't overlook machine guns. While they have very short range and almost no damage vs. armour, they chew up internal structure like no one's business, resulting in a lot of component breaking and extra money.

Another way to rake in the dough, though it's not as reliable, is to use TAG and Narc Beacon to get TAG Assist Bonus. You only get the money if someone else takes advantage of your "attack" though; and these systems do take up hardpoints while not dealing damage.

#6 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

You make money doing virtually everything.

#7 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:22 PM

Read this. It's all in here.

#8 Biglead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationManassas, Va

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

Premium time! :D

#9 Phaeric Cyrh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:05 AM

I make the most money in my Raven 3L. You can really rack up the XP and c-bills by spotting and TAG'ing/NARC'ing targets.

I'm not the best pilot, so it may not be much to some around here, but I frequently make 200K a match in my sneaky bird.

#10 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:33 AM

Average game with premium + hero + 500+ dmg and most importantly, WINNING = 250,000+

#11 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:04 AM

Combat actions give the most C-bills, so play Assault mode. Damage, kills, and Assists pay well. Assists should be your bread and butter, try to collect 10-12 assist per match. See four enemies? Buzz each of them with a laser. Not incredibly efficient, but even the tiniest flake of damage (such as a laser shot at nearly the max range) will count for an assist. Savior kills pay very well, so make sure you are there to support your team in team fights and brawls to collect that assist + savior kill (paid to each teammate who assisted in the death of an enemy when that enemy had fired upon a critically damaged teammate)

Because damage and kills/assists/savior kills/component destruction are linked to dealing damage, look for efficient damage dealing mechs especially with good range. AC5, PPC, large laser, try to deal damage without being reckless.

In less combat-oriented mechs, Tag & Narc bonuses can pay well. Also ECM will give you a reward for countering an enemy ECM.

If you lack personal mechs with lots of upgrades, consider continuing to use Trial mechs until you can pimp out your owned mechs to get key upgrades (DHS! Endo if you have room! yadda yadda). Trial Shadowhawk is pretty solid long range pinpoint punch, and pinpoint kills components better than spread damage.

Don't forget to try to rack up assists!

#12 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:17 AM

This does make me kind of wonder, if I did really well how many c-bills should I get? If I did okay, how many? If poorly? If my team lost?

#13 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:23 AM

Playing without premium or a hero mech, 120k is a good haul. Your mileage may vary depending on skill & loadout. Avoiding those ****** matches where you only get 30k is more important than getting 120k every match, although it does all add up. If playing solo and you die early abandon ship to drop into a fresh match

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:29 AM

View PostSolarCleric, on 18 July 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

Noob here,

So how is the amount of C-bills I earn per match calculated? It's not based on kills just flat damage right?

Thanks.

There is a second screen at the end of a match, if you click to switch over to it...
Posted Image
you will see this.

#15 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:31 AM

Lucky 7s!

Posted Image

#16 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:32 AM

You earn c-bills for the following actions (besides win and loss):
- Damage done
- Kills
- Kill assists
- Component destructions
- Spotting for indirect fire
- Using TAG or NARC to assist friendly LRM fire
- Killing a Mech inside a base during its capture (defensive kill)
- Killing a mech that has shot a friendly, wich has at least one internaly damaged location, in the last ten seconds (savior kill)
- Ressource captures (conquest only)
- Countering an enemy ECM

There might be more that I forgot to mention. Conquest pays less for most of these rewards, because it has the ressource reward as an equalizer.

#17 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

This thread should help you
Making Money in Mechwarrior Online

#18 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:10 PM

View PostSandslice, on 18 July 2014 - 06:12 PM, said:

Also, don't overlook machine guns. While they have very short range and almost no damage vs. armour, they chew up internal structure like no one's business, resulting in a lot of component breaking and extra money.

That sweet C-bill shower...

#19 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:19 PM

Scroll up to post 7 Ovion. ;)

#20 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

Psh.
Skimming told me nothng and I was helpful.

I'll redeem it by telling you to go make an urbie. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users