9 replies to this topic

#1 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

Here's a video for mech skills. Enjoy! Let me know if there is something you'd like to see.

Edited by Spike Brave, 19 July 2014 - 07:36 PM.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:37 PM

You're too comfortable and too fast with making these...

Still. Good job.

Edited by Koniving, 19 July 2014 - 07:37 PM.

#3 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

View PostKoniving, on 19 July 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

You're too comfortable and too fast with making these...

Still. Good job.

I'm not sure I understand. Is there something I can do to improve the quality of my videos?

Edited by Spike Brave, 19 July 2014 - 07:39 PM.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

View PostSpike Brave, on 19 July 2014 - 07:39 PM, said:

I'm not sure I understand. Is there something I can do to improve the quality of my videos?

I started making tutorials about 6 months ago and still haven't been happy enough with them to release even one yet. :(

#5 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

View PostKoniving, on 19 July 2014 - 07:57 PM, said:

I started making tutorials about 6 months ago and still haven't been happy enough with them to release even one yet. :(

I was terrified. I thought the best that would happen is that no one would notice. What I thought would happen is that they wouldn't be any good and I would be bluntly informed of that. I see a lot of the same questions in this forum. I also see a lot of people saying that in game help/tutorials/explanations are lacking. I decided to fix that because I like the game and want to help new players be successful.

#6 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:35 PM

You mentioned the "missing" Master tag. That actually shows while you're "in" Master, but not once you've completed Mastery.

Nice video, BTW.

#7 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:54 PM

Another good one Spike Brave :P

Two things I noticed:

1. Flags (top left corner) and Pilot Badge (top right corner) - The flag is there as you are working on that level of pilot skill. The badge appears once you have completed that level. Example, working on basic gives the blue flag. Once basic is completed, the blue badge will appear and the green flag replaces the blue one. So, once you reach Master, you only have the Master Pilot Badge.

2. You said that you only need two mechs at the elite level to be able to Master a Mech. Actually, you need three Mechs at the elite level to Master your 1st Mech. Just like moving up a level from basic. Once you have a Mastered a Mech in a weight class (say a Raven), then you can master a second type of mech (say Firestarter) by just getting three Frestarters through the basic level.

Hope that made sense.

Again, great job :(

Edited by Ayrmoon, 19 July 2014 - 09:56 PM.

#8 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,967 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:56 AM

wow that's a big help spike, it does lead to another question lets say I use GXP to buy cool run will that cool run be applied to all mechs I own? also how do I know the cool run is working (do I have to go into the mech lab and do anything) thanks

#9 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:26 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 20 July 2014 - 04:56 AM, said:

wow that's a big help spike, it does lead to another question lets say I use GXP to buy cool run will that cool run be applied to all mechs I own? also how do I know the cool run is working (do I have to go into the mech lab and do anything) thanks

If you use gxp, the skill bought only applies to the variant you are working with. For example, if you purchase 3 ravens and use gxp to unlock cool run on the 3L's skill tree, it would only unlock the cool run for the 3L. For the second question, you don't have to do anything to apply an unlocked skill. Once unlocked the bonus is applied. The only way that I am aware of check on the bonuses you have unlocked is to go into the skill tree and look, unless you are checking for the extra module slot for the master level. You'll see the slot in the mechlab under the modules tab.

Edited by Spike Brave, 20 July 2014 - 06:27 AM.

#10 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:40 AM

View PostAyrmoon, on 19 July 2014 - 09:54 PM, said:

2. You said that you only need two mechs at the elite level to be able to Master a Mech. Actually, you need three Mechs at the elite level to Master your 1st Mech. Just like moving up a level from basic. Once you have a Mastered a Mech in a weight class (say a Raven), then you can master a second type of mech (say Firestarter) by just getting three Frestarters through the basic level.

Hope that made sense.

Thanks for the clarification on the flags. Also the unlock of skill levels is a mess. I saw a post that said it was two elites for master. I was working on my Stormcrows at that time and after I unlocked two elites, master was available. I am close on my Summoners now so I'll post my observations on what happens.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users