Changes To The Module Slot System

314 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

Changes to the Module Slot System

In Vlog #6 we stated, that the additional module you receive when mastering a Mech was a Weapon Module. W[background=transparent;]e decided to change this module slot to a Mech Module slot for the launch of the feature.[/font]

In an upcoming patch (either the next patch or the one following): This Mech Module slot will be changed to a hybrid Weapon / Mech Module slot. This means you will be able to equip either a Weapon Module or a Mech Module. You can change this at any time based on your preference.

#2 DragonsFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 655 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 21 July 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

In Vlog #6 we stated, that the additional module you receivewhen mastering a Mech was a Weapon Module. We decided to change this module slot to a Mech Module slot for the launch of the feature. We then decided to change this module slot to a Mech Module slot for the launch of the feature.

Certainly good news, although you may want to revisit those bolded lines as they seem to say the same thing. ;)

Edit: It's been fixed already.

Edited by DragonsFire, 21 July 2014 - 01:41 PM.

#3 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

Oh good, I don't have to work for a Flamer or SRM2-4-6 module slot anymore.

#4 KreepyKrawly

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 66 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Good call, makes the module slots a bit more useful.

Edited by KreepyKrawly, 21 July 2014 - 01:35 PM.

#5 Krinkov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 146 posts

We decided to change this module slot to a Mech Module slot for the launch of the feature. We then decided to change this module slot to a Mech Module slot for the launch of the feature.

You seem to have a bit of a stutter.

#6 Biglead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationManassas, Va

View PostDragonsFire, on 21 July 2014 - 01:33 PM, said:

Certainly good news, although you may want to revisit those bolded lines as they seem to say the same thing. ;)

It's Monday, cut him some slack. :D

#7 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

Hmm been awhile sense they made a post I didnt want to throw rocks at them over, good to see they didnt give total leave to their senses. ;) thanks for the change.

#8 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

Slick. Definite improvement. Maybe some day weapon module slots will be worth using...but so long as that day isn't today, good to see the Mastery bonus isn't a waste of time going forward.

#9 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

<h2>Changes to the Module Slot System</h2> <p>In Vlog #6 we stated, that the additional module you receive when mastering a Mech was a Weapon Module. W<span style="background-color: transparent;">e decided to change this module slot to a Mech Module slot for the launch of the feature.</span></p> <p>In the upcoming patch: This Mech Module slot will be changed to a hybrid Weapon / Mech Module slot. This means you will be able to equip either a Weapon Module or a Mech Module. You can change this at any time based on your preference.</p>
Prediction: no one ever uses 2 weapon modules.

#10 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

<h2>Changes to the Module Slot System</h2> <p>In Vlog #6 we stated, that the additional module you receive when mastering a Mech was a Weapon Module. W<span style="background-color: transparent;">e decided to change this module slot to a Mech Module slot for the launch of the feature.</span></p> <p>In the upcoming patch: This Mech Module slot will be changed to a hybrid Weapon / Mech Module slot. This means you will be able to equip either a Weapon Module or a Mech Module. You can change this at any time based on your preference.</p>

Thank you for listening to the community on this!

#11 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:42 PM

Thank you, this was a good decision. However, there are still other issues with the upcoming new system, including but not limited to:

A. Weapon modules need to be useful. Their boosts need to be a little bit higher, and they shouldn't have a heat penalty. After all, "mech modules" and consumables lack penalties, so it's only fair.

B. There should be a much larger variety of weapon mods. Not just range. We should also have things like heat, cooldown, damage, and unique/weapon-specific weapon mods.

C. Dedicated consumable slots is just begging for arty/airstrike spam all day erryday. No consumable slots, please.

D. "Mech modules" is a tad too broad right now. It should probably be split up into several sub-categories such as Sensors, Support, Defensive, and Mech Modules (and/or any other ideas we can think of).

D1. Consumables should be classified into some of the categories above. For example, UAV would be a sensor mod and arty/airstrike would probably be support mods. Coolant Flush might be a mech mod or potentially even a weapon mod.

E. Buff the currently crappy mods such as Hill Climb and Advanced Gyros.

F. We can/should also potentially add more modules to each category (besides the weapon mod ideas listed above).

#12 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

Um, so...next patch? This is coming that soon?

#13 kuangmk11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 627 posts
  • LocationW-SEA, Cascadia

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

NO CONSUMABLE SLOTS!

#14 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

And you will of course refund all my module purchases, yes?

#15 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

Posted Image

#16 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Better than what has been announced in the DevLog#6, but this is still a system change solely meant to generate more money, and not meant to improve the game.

You give us 2 consumable slots, so that everyone of us blasts 80k C-Bills per round, which leaves us with about 20k C-Bill gain per match aka no progress at all. It doesn't help define the role of a mech, it doesn't add to the fun, its meant to eat our C-Bills. Period. I haven't been as disappointed since the announcement of the Clan Packages before Christmas. Meany good things happened since UI2.0 was released, and i thought you finally understood, that making the best possible game, will convince players to pay for it. Free Mechs and Tournaments and nice Events made me buy more MCs. Changes like this just frustrate me quite a bit.

A module system meant to help with role warefare would have been appreciated by the community! Happy Community == Money. But what do i know...

Edited by Myke Pantera, 21 July 2014 - 02:24 PM.

#17 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 July 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

And you will of course refund all my module purchases, yes?

why would they do that?

#18 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 21 July 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

why would they do that?

Oh, no reason, other than the obvious fact that for the past two years, we've been able to equip any 3 to 4 of the big modules, and now we can suddenly only equip 2..

You know, little things like that.

#19 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

View PostMyke Pantera, on 21 July 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

Better than what has been announced in the DevLog#6, but this is still a system change solely meant to generate more money, and not meant to improve the game.

You give us 2 consumable slots, so that everyone of us blasts 80m C-Bills per round, which leaves us with about 20m C-Bill gain per match aka no progress at all. It doesn't help define the role of a mech, it doesn't add to the fun, its meant to eat our C-Bills. Period. I haven't been as disappointed since the announcement of the Clan Packages before Christmas. Meany good things happened since UI2.0 was released, and i thought you finally understood, that making the best possible game, will convince players to pay for it. Free Mechs and Tournaments and nice Events made me buy more MCs. Changes like this just p!ss me off.

A module system meant to help with role warefare would have been appreciated by the community! Happy Community == Money. But what do i know...

I do not see what you are getting at? people wanted the ability to swap the master module slot.

2 mech module slots should be enough.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 21 July 2014 - 02:01 PM.

#20 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 21 July 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

I do not see what you are getting at? people wanted the ability to swap the master module slot

Every single player will now carry X weapon mods and practically everybody will spam consumables, because there's nothing else to equip.

Hope you like red smoke.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users