93 replies to this topic

#81 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

View PostHellJumper, on 22 July 2014 - 09:25 AM, said:

ya just saw it as well..but they have not given any info about the difference between the normal and the four pack...any idea what it is?

I was under the impression that the 4 pack was 4 keys to the game. So you could give to friends. Could be wrong. I'm not spending 44 bucks on a pre-alpha either way.

#82 Spokes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

View PostYellow Kat, on 22 July 2014 - 02:12 AM, said:

Looks kinda like they took more of their inspirations from Starsiege myself.

This was where my mind went too. They look more like HERCs than 'Mechs-- the complete lack of arms being the most obvious distinction.

#83 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

View PostHellJumper, on 22 July 2014 - 09:25 AM, said:

ya just saw it as well..but they have not given any info about the difference between the normal and the four pack...any idea what it is?

Four packs are generally where you get 4 licenses of the game instead of just one, and you can share it with 3 friends. Or at least that is how they've traditionally done the 4-packs.

#84 HellJumper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationIslamabad, pakistan

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:36 AM

ya its 4 keys which you can give to friends..the devs just answered

i am amaze at the speed at which they are answering on steam forums

#85 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

View PostHellJumper, on 22 July 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

ya its 4 keys which you can give to friends..the devs just answered

i am amaze at the speed at which they are answering on steam forums

On release day? You better believe they are all over the forums to see what's going on.

#86 ELHImp

Com Guard

• 1,846 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRussia

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:49 AM

3 minutes of your time please.

It's just to early for me to start separate topic for my creation, but if you want go ahead. I just want to add my 2 cents about AI. Without any experience it take half of year to make basic but decent AI. All you need - one guy who want to make it real.
So, if you guys want to talk about AI development, I'm right there and ready. For any other questions, maybe it better to go somewhere else.

#87 Fastwind

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

View PostJiang Wei, on 22 July 2014 - 05:50 AM, said:

I think PGI "could" have developed things a whole lot faster if they werent so stuck on using the cryengine3. A engine designed for RPG's...

Btw, ""

ROFL
Cryengine's history:

Far Cry,(the original the first one) it's a first person shooter.The engine called Cry engine 1 was specially made for that.

Crisis,it's a first person shooter.The engine called Cry engine 2 was specially made for that.

Crisis 2,it's a first person shooter.The engine called Cry engine 2 was made for the first part of the series got reused and cranked up for the second part.

Crisis 3,it's a first person shooter.The engine called Cry engine 3 was made for Crisis 3 and other purposes it's highly modular,and very complicated if you are not trained well with it.But it can practically do everything if you know how.

If you wanna know more search for CRYTEK the company who developed the engine and the games above.

#88 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:02 AM

View PostFastwind, on 22 July 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

ROFL
Cryengine's history:

Far Cry,(the original the first one) it's a first person shooter.The engine called Cry engine 1 was specially made for that.

Crisis,it's a first person shooter.The engine called Cry engine 2 was specially made for that.

Crisis 2,it's a first person shooter.The engine called Cry engine 2 was made for the first part of the series got reused and cranked up for the second part.

Crisis 3,it's a first person shooter.The engine called Cry engine 3 was made for Crisis 3 and other purposes it's highly modular,and very complicated if you are not trained well with it.But it can practically do everything if you know how.

If you wanna know more search for CRYTEK the company who developed the engine and the games above.

Regardless of what the Engine was made for it. It sucks for the purposes MW:O intended it for. And had to be hacked to bits.

And even after that...it still sucks.

And has wasted a HUGE amount of resources.

#89 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

View PostFastwind, on 22 July 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

Crysis 2 runs on CryEngine 3, though.

Also, as far as CryEngines go, you could always include Far Cry 2, 3 and 4, all of which are running on a CryEngine 2 offshoot.

#90 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:28 PM

Just played some matches...well it's got a long ways to go but so far I feel like it will be a fun game to play on the side. This way out classes it, but it's a pre alpha and it has destructable trees! You can blow up trees!!!!!

It's not bad but the ping is so terrible in the servers and hardly anyone playing it but then it just released so forgivable.

It wont take away anyone from here perm anyways not for quite a while and only if they really crank up the graphics and options in the game but at least I feel they are gonna release factions n such and other game modes way before this ever does.

pgi should ask them for help...

#91 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:54 PM

Wow they really buried this topic didn't they, cant blame them since it's a competitor n all that but just shows they cant really afford any real competition. Lets put it this way this game where it's heavily monetised in every corner possible since it's a so called free to play, or you can spend 15 bucks and not have to spend a penny more to get all the mechs and features, they way they get you to play is to spend their version of cbills to purchase weapons and mechs perhaps but you dont spend real money they are not doing the free to play model. That is something I cant help but respect.

However this game looks a lot better even though it's a very challenging engine to use for this but pgi did it because it was cheap....which honestly why this game is not more well known. They should not have gone the cheap route should have used an engine that could have done what they originally visioned.

At this point I'm just speaking nonesense though I dont really know all the details why exactly they used this engine or exactly why they claim a map cost over 250k a piece to make though I call bs on that. I think they just not talented enough to get everything out of this engine and dont have the money to hire the real talent in this business. They have good art...thats all, there is literally no content in this game at all.

I'm actually very surprised we have all spent the amount of money we have on here...we should just stop seeing this as mechwarrior honestly because it has nothing that the other games do have. A compelling fun story, full of lore and back story and this lacks that traditional mechwarrior sound track that is so loved in the franchise.

#92 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:23 AM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 22 July 2014 - 10:54 PM, said:

Wow they really buried this topic didn't they, cant blame them since it's a competitor n all that but just shows they cant really afford any real competition.

Tinfoil-Hat needed?

This topic is not about MWO. All topics about games, that are not MWO, are per definition off-topic and therefore go to the off-topic forums.

But keep spreading the word. Maybe some day someone will listen.

Edited by Egomane, 23 July 2014 - 12:24 AM.

#93 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

Competition pushes innovation and hard work. I hope that game turns out well and attracts many players. That might just be the incentive MWO needs to get its act together and get it together sooner. In almost every case, competition benefits the consumer and monopoly does not.

#94 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

Fringe mech game? I'm going to play this so competitively!! OMG, gonna twitch stream me killing "bads"...gonna defend whatever gives me the easiest kills so it makes it in to alpha...I WILL BE A MINOR CELEBRITY!

Bow down...kiss my converse...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users