- - - - -

Is This Normal

21 replies to this topic

#1 Kram Nedgo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

I have had a couple of games today where players warped around the map and then stood still but where impossible to shoot no mater how close you got ....
Is this normal for this game?
I live in the UK and I guess there are no EU servers looking at the pings I get ?

#2 Yelland

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:14 AM

Not normal. But since Saturday night I have had some bad network related stuff going on. Nasty rubber banding, lag spikes, mechs running in place until I disconnected, one match I was dead but continued to get kill assist notifications and showed 24% life on Lance bar.

Something is going on, was hoping they would have a maintenance window today that might fix it.

#3 charov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:15 AM

No, there are no EU servers yet.

However, it's not normal, I usually ping ~95ms and it's quite stable.

#4 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:19 AM

It's "normal" in the sense that they're aware of the issue. I believe Niko said they were trying to investigate the root of the issue, and, hopefully, have a fix up this week.

#5 Kram Nedgo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

OK thanx . . . glad they TPB are aware and on it ...

#6 Fastwind

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

View PostDEMAX51, on 22 July 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

It's "normal" in the sense that they're aware of the issue. I believe Niko said they were trying to investigate the root of the issue, and, hopefully, have a fix up this week.

Where does this come from???
Haven't seen any official statement on this problem ,that exists since the last weeks patch.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

View PostFastwind, on 22 July 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:

Where does this come from???
Haven't seen any official statement on this problem ,that exists since the last weeks patch.

Patch feedback thread has a list of all known issues. Dev responses frequently occur with any 'seriously pressing' issues that come up which are not related to game balance.

#8 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

There are some major server/connection issues at the moment. PGI is aware of the problem, but we have no ETA on a fix. (This comes from various stream chats, reddit, and Twitter. I would not count on official news unless an issue becomes big and/or specific steps are being taken).

As far as what you should see, the game is actually optimized for pings of around 100. This covers large parts of Europe and North America. With MWO servers working correctly, there are no major issues with <200 pings (i.e. all of Europe), and even Asians/Australians can play fairly comfortably.

#9 Fastwind

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:02 AM

View PostKoniving, on 22 July 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

Patch feedback thread has a list of all known issues. Dev responses frequently occur with any 'seriously pressing' issues that come up which are not related to game balance.

There are 3 major threads in the patch feedback section regarding the server issues. I'm in all 3 of them.
No official response in there.Nothing.

So a link would be nice if you found something.

THX

#10 Fastwind

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:06 AM

View PostModo44, on 22 July 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

There are some major server/connection issues at the moment. PGI is aware of the problem, but we have no ETA on a fix. (This comes from various stream chats, reddit, and Twitter. I would not count on official news unless an issue becomes big and/or specific steps are being taken).

As far as what you should see, the game is actually optimized for pings of around 100. This covers large parts of Europe and North America. With MWO servers working correctly, there are no major issues with <200 pings (i.e. all of Europe), and even Asians/Australians can play fairly comfortably.

Oh yea nice,why use YOUR OWN SPECIAL FORUMS FOR OFFICIAL RESPONSE if you have streams,twitter and reddit makes sense.

I'm from europe my ping is usually 107-129,i have these issues.And i'm not the only one.
So nothing is fine and comfortable.

Edited by Fastwind, 22 July 2014 - 11:08 AM.

#11 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:07 AM

http://www.reddit.co..._these_desyncs/

#12 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

European here, ping is usually 130 to 150 at max. experienced "some" chases for rubberbanding and several Laggouts (not disconnected but all 'mechs going "dubstep-dance mode" and the game is pretty much over). Not sure if Update or general ISP oder Backbone issues.

#13 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostFastwind, on 22 July 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

I'm from europe my ping is usually 107-129,i have these issues.And i'm not the only one.

Yeah, I agree, especially with typically fast and stable Internet here in the civilized world. There is definitely something wrong on PGI's end.

Edited by Modo44, 22 July 2014 - 11:48 AM.

#14 Fastwind

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostDEMAX51, on 22 July 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

Thx for the link.The first kind of official response i see in a week regarding this issue.
They should rly use their own forum.

#15 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:22 PM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 22 July 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

We've been monitoring the recent increase in lag spikes and connection issues and we have made it a top priority internally. We are currently investigating and will keep the community updated with our findings. Thanks for your patience while we continue to investigate.

#16 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

View PostFastwind, on 22 July 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

Oh yea nice,why use YOUR OWN SPECIAL FORUMS FOR OFFICIAL RESPONSE if you have streams,twitter and reddit makes sense.

It does. New users might see an official post on the official forums about the products short comings (from months ago even) and decide to pass it by. Same post on reddit gets ignored if ever seen.

Community gets the same information either way.

Edited by focuspark, 22 July 2014 - 12:31 PM.

#17 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

My ping is usually about 26, but it's been hitting 80 on occasion and I've noticed a bit of targeting lag and rubberbanding the past few days.

#18 Fastwind

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

PGI i have active premium time it's time for a refund at least to some degree,especially if we have to probably wait till the next patch to get a fix as you stated here
https://twitter.com/...147465051578368

You know waiting like 3 weeks for a fix on a major problem while having payed to play it's not funny anymore.

Edited by Fastwind, 24 July 2014 - 02:01 PM.

#19 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:27 PM

I call it the Omega man syndrome, (like the Original movie) I am the only one walking around everyone else is frozen or walking in place you can go shoot everyone you want its happened to me like 4 or 5 times

#20 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

The latest patch included the ability to rejoin a match if you got disconnected, which is nice.
However, it introduced some problems.
There are many more instances where there is significant rubberbanding, or in the worst case where mechs just run in place while you can't shoot at them.
Another problem is that if the last person on your team is a disco, you may not be able to view from their cockpit to F9 and report their location.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users