Narc Indicator On Hud?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Azakael

• PipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:59 AM

With the boost given to the NARC Beacon, it would be nice to have some kind of icon and/ or Bitching Betty warning to alert you when you have been hit with one.
It's not a huge issue in a group as someone on VOIP can warn you when you've been hit, but for a Puggie, by the time someone gets a warning typed, it could be too late.
And yes, I am aware that NARC in a PUG is a crapshoot at best so can use all the love it can get. But it also has some utility outside of LRM aid.

Edited by Azakael, 22 July 2014 - 11:01 AM.

#2 MadTulip

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 262 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

if there is "incomming missiles" warning this would just make sense, yea.

about the current value of a NARC (which is off topic) i have to say i realy like it. in encourages working as a team if used and if used against you which is what i like about it. maybe the number of missiles hitting a target that is only visible via narc could be used as a balancing value if it should be required.

Edited by MadTulip, 22 July 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#3 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

I don't think a HUD element is necessary - not being explicitly told that you've been NARCed is a good thing, as it gives stealthy spotters some leeway, but a nice sound effect like a "THWUNK" when it hits your 'Mech would be good I think.

#4 MadPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

Even though I enjoy the caps chat warnings "YOU GOT NARC!!", a visual warning in the hud wouldn't be a bad idea.

#5 Mitsuragi

Legendary Founder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

How about if the radio signal appeared on the right side next to where ECM is displayed?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users