#101 Shadewolfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

View PostDocBach, on 23 July 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

Well, later on you now know what you want - you aren't interested in overclocking, so you don't have to get a K chip, you do want to expand to SLI/Crossfire someday so you want a Z87 motherboard at least, so you'll also need a full sized board.

You might be able to get more for your money around Black Friday, I got 32GB of RAM for the price of 16, for instance.

True..

#102 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

christmas? oh man haha. Well atleast you kind of learned how to pick one out. You should be able to get a a faster cpu and video card by then (10% or so). Motherboard,case,powersupply,dvd,keyboard will be the same.

Black friday stuff is good but its hard to get. Everything sells out very fast but you can still save some money if you dont try for the killer deals.

Watch slickdeals.com everyday once you get your funds :D

Do some research on the sli/crossfire setups. I found it was easier to just buy the faster videocard and resell my old one. Most people who go with this setup buy two of the top of the line cards so they can get speeds they can't with just one. But it is still a option if you can get the board for few bucks more.

Even with the cheapest setup here you should be able to play every game on the market. Really most games are limited because they want them to play on consoles anyway. As long as you system is faster than the next gen console you will be fine.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 23 July 2014 - 09:13 PM.

#103 Shadewolfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:57 AM

I can't wait to actually be able to game xD I should be able to get it BEFORE christmas it just depends on if a couple people pull through for me

#104 Shadewolfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

Sorry for the slight necro but since everyone here has good knowledge in electronics and hardware and such, that fullsized build that Doc gave me.. Would that be able to run Rome 2 Total War okay?

#105 ninjitsu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 402 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:28 AM

The build with the i5 4670? That system will run any modern game. So yes, it will play Rome II

#106 Bullseye69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 454 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

I don't know your location but check to see if there is a micro center near you they have killer deal in store on intel processor all the time.But it usually in store only they also have deal according to my friend on buy from them on motherboard and ram hd and monitors.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users