• Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:37 PM

View PostDV McKenna, on 27 July 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

My mind has been blown in this thread.

CPU - Fine
RAM - Upgrade to 8GB 1600mhz+
GPU - Upgrade GTX 760 / R8 270x or higher.

PSU if required for the new GPU and that's that.

SSD will improve nothing except load times ( worthy upgrade just for that, but it wont impact your FPS)

^So much win.........Nothing more needed from this thread.........

#22 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

View PostSmokeyjedi, on 27 July 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

What? :)

Aside from upgrading to a gtx760 2gb, R8 270X or higher Think of GTX760 as "SLI GTX460" as it is 100%more powerful maybe jamming 8gb of 1866mhz DDR3 with tight timings to ask more from that beauty CPU. There isnt noticiable difference in any CPU bound game from HDD to SSD frames per seconds wise.....This is a myth, sure loading times and menu interactions are drastically enhanced but no difference in game that I notice.....

I don't recall asking your opinion, Liao Dog!!!!
Posted Image
I know why I purchased my SSD, and I remember MWO and other games being almost unplayable for me before I did. *shrug* I can only speak from my own experience. I wouldn't get that new video card without upgrading the core system up from an i5 anyway. But that's my opinion. It's different from yours. See how that works?

edit:
my spec is slightly similar to the thread starter's. i7 930, I have 10 GB more memory though. My video card is a GTX 470, formerly a Radeon 6850, and the upgrades I made were the SSD and a slight upgrade to the Nvidia. I noticed a pretty decent boost after tweaks and overclocks. Hell, I was even able to play Battlefield 3 and 4 at a respectable rate with no problems.

Edited by ArchMage Sparrowhawk, 27 July 2014 - 03:59 PM.

#23 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

View PostArchMage Sparrowhawk, on 27 July 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

I don't recall asking your opinion, Liao Dog!!!!
Posted Image
I know why I purchased my SSD, and I remember MWO and other games being almost unplayable for me before I did. *shrug* I can only speak from my own experience. I wouldn't get that new video card without upgrading the core system up from an i5 anyway. But that's my opinion. It's different from yours. See how that works?

edit:
my spec is slightly similar to the thread starter's. i7 930, I have 10 GB more memory though. My video card is a GTX 470, formerly a Radeon 6850, and the upgrades I made were the SSD and a slight upgrade to the Nvidia. I noticed a pretty decent boost after tweaks and overclocks. Hell, I was even able to play Battlefield 3 and 4 at a respectable rate with no problems.

If You are even remotely close to the hardware thread..........You are asking for my opinion.......You should already know this, I have been here since the dawn of the MWO forum.

**edit** post script-If u were migrating your OS and system image from a 5200RPM laptop drive, or IDE ribbon cable HDD than hell yes you will notice performance leaps.but SATA HDD to SSD not so much

Edited by Smokeyjedi, 27 July 2014 - 05:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users