10 replies to this topic

#1 Tristan Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

I'm a European player, been playing since late 2012. I'm interested in joining a clan / unit in order to play with some skilled people (getting a bit tired of herding cats in the solo queue), but I prefer playing without teamspeak most of the time.

Unfortunately, most of the people who have skills and are organized tend to use teamspeak, so I imagine I may have difficulties finding the right people. But I am a fairly skilled player, I like to think. Good teamplayer. I could post some stats to brag, but... I imagine that won't impress anyone here anyway.

My only mech at the moment is the Warhawk, although I will be getting all the other clan mechs as they become available for C-bills.

#2 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

Just wondering why you won't use TS3?
I personally don't like having to use outside programs for voice coms, since I normally expect multil-player team games outside of mmos to have their own built in voice coms... But knowing that mwo doesn't have their out working voice coms, ts3 is pretty much the way to go when it comes to coordination. Without it, everything ends up being pub games unless you personally know your team mates.

Anyway, I recommend downloading TS3, even if you personally don't have a mic, having someone their calling the shots helps dramatically.

#3 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:43 AM

Trust me, TS is a lot of fun with the right people, not to mention it is useful during drops.

If you decide to downlaod it, try to play with us, Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy http://clan-wolf.info/

TS: clanwolf.ts.nfoservers.com

We are currently looking for european players to fill the Alpha Trinary of the newly formed 279th Battle Cluster, and we still have a spot in my Star, "Wolfdregil".

Edited by CyclonerM, 24 July 2014 - 03:44 AM.

#4 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:49 AM

I don't have a problem with the software, I do have a mic. The reason I don't want TS is because I just want to play the game sometimes. Listen to some good music and have some good games with nice teamwork.

With TS, not only is music almost impossible, but I also have to listen to people joke around about Southpark, talk about what they're making for dinner or discuss Obama's Health care reform. Which is cool, if you're playing the game for the sake of getting to know new people and just enjoy a nice chat.

But I'm all about the game. I just want to enjoy the game itself, with people who know what they're doing.

#5 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:18 AM

The problem I see you facing is you want to join an organised group to play a tactical game, but dont want to be in direct communication with the group. I cant think of any unit or clan which doesnt use TS or a similar program for Battlefield commands/information. Even if a player does not haev a mic (not in your case though), they are on TS and can at least hear what the others are saying about tactics and maneuvers so they are able to follow.

#6 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:11 AM

I find that you can do a lot of communication via chat, really. I have tried TS, I know what it's like. I know the advantages. I know you're at a disadvantage without TS. I do feel that you can accomplish good teamwork just via team chat and using the map.

Worst case scenario, I could look for a unit that lets me just listen in on TS without having to say anything, but it's not really preferable for me.

I've previously been interested in really professional groups like Black Widow company, hoping that they, as military veterans, would be really professional about how they communicate. E.g. no idle conversations about Miley Cyrus in the middle of a match. But BWC has a very strict application process and really demands a lot of effort from its members, and this is just a game I play regularly, I don't want it to feel like a part time job where I have to do paperwork and read memos every week.

#7 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:54 AM

View PostNicolai Kabrinsky, on 24 July 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

I find that you can do a lot of communication via chat, really. I have tried TS, I know what it's like. I know the advantages. I know you're at a disadvantage without TS. I do feel that you can accomplish good teamwork just via team chat and using the map.

Worst case scenario, I could look for a unit that lets me just listen in on TS without having to say anything, but it's not really preferable for me.

I've previously been interested in really professional groups like Black Widow company, hoping that they, as military veterans, would be really professional about how they communicate. E.g. no idle conversations about Miley Cyrus in the middle of a match. But BWC has a very strict application process and really demands a lot of effort from its members, and this is just a game I play regularly, I don't want it to feel like a part time job where I have to do paperwork and read memos every week.

Try us out, you can come in and listen. We really do not use text chat much because it is time consuming and inefficient. However, we have people who do not like to talk a great deal and they just sit and listen. Sometimes conversations get skewed, however, we do have channels for "grinding" where the time between drops is limited to a short amount of time.

www.cwdg.us

Edited by Gyrok, 24 July 2014 - 04:44 PM.

#8 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

I understand what you want. We have channels for quick drops without interruption, too, and while we have more and less "professional" players, usually when the battle starts we think about the game. Officers tend to take the lead of the drop and in competitive drops you can definitely expect "professional" comms.

Besides, i use to play the MechWarrior 2 soundtrack while i play, low enough to not cover my fellow warriors' voices, but loud enough that it can be an awesome background music.

#9 Mako408

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:28 AM

Hey If you dont want to talk but still want to play with a good group of people then
come and visit us at http://cwkg.enjin.com/.

We are the Clan Wolf Kappa "The Werewolves" Galaxy.

Our players are basically 90% European with some US base players.

We are a fun first and lore later and don't make Cadets jump through hoops to make Warrior status.

Our Clan has experience with playing with players that don't go on our TS and we don't mind it at all. Like I said, we are all about the fun.

See you in the game!

Mako

#10 Thorrock

• PipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAustralia / Mackay

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:14 PM

hello all,

Thor'rock here,
im an Australian player n i am looking to join a group or clan or guild what ever it is on here lol.
i try to play when i can, but its tough being a single father of 2.

i like Clan Wolf n Scorpion clans but i do not mind the others
im not the greatest player but i have to start somewhere hey lol
its tough for me to use TS or vent since my kids n i sleep in the same here as the computer so yeah,
let me know what u people think, Message if u like what u see here

My fav mech so far Timberwolf

#11 _VULCAN_

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:46 AM

Hey mate give us as shot. You can find us on TeamSpeak at CWKG.enjinvoice.com or our website http://cwkg.enjin.com/.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users