Links To Old Mw Games?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Xanilos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationIn the South Wall Cornerclub,Balmora.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:51 AM

I apologize in advance if a thread of this sort already exists,but I was hoping to have one thread where we can link all the older versions of mechwarrior/BT PC games.

I don't personally have anything older than MW4 (disc copy) so all links are appreciated and hopefully this will help some other people as well.

Edited by Xanilos, 24 July 2014 - 03:52 AM.

#2 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:23 AM

What I know of some of the older Mechwarrior games are not PC, but are console games such as the old Atari and Nintendo systems.

#3 Opus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationI am not here. why the **** are you looking here?

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:33 AM

nevermind ,, http://www.gog.com/

doesn't have them anymore I just learned

Edited by Opus, 24 July 2014 - 07:35 AM.

#4 AngryEggRoll

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

Mechwarrior Living Legends is back up they came up with a workaround for the gamespy problem!

#5 Pht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:47 AM

As I understand it the entire mechwarrior series from 1989 on up is still under copywrite/IP protections; and the free release of mechwarrior 4 is now no longer legally available or distributable.

The only freely available stuff I know if is the mech commander free stuff; released by MS, I think it was/is?

MWLL is free and distributable.

Otherwise, the MW series of the past is languishing in IP/copywrite/protections limbo; and the protections are spread out across multiple companies, with MS holding the ownership on at least the rights of any e-versions of mechwarrior.

It's a mess.

#6 Raven IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:21 AM

Pht is correct; only the MC (I believe it was only MC2, haven't seen MC(1)/G) source code was released for free by MS, and MWLL (despite an end to development) is still available to download and distribute. Other games are not legally available to freely obtain.

MC2 has a few mods that have been built on the source code. See here for the Omnitech mod, and here for other mods.
To obtain MWLL and connect to servers, see here for instructions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users