• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

View PostAleski, on 29 July 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

For the moment, i run this one on my PB :
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...218c1c151c74e2e

The speed with the XL380 is just very cool =)
This mech can pack a lot of power...

The speed boost is worth the trade off for 2srm's.. nice!

View PostAleski, on 29 July 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

With my Oxyde, build like this : http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0dbbb8d1541ee5f I murder assault mech very quickly. I die often, because of the Jenner hitboxes, and i take a lot of risk. But i often made 600+ damages with that mech. With 100% accuracy, you can do 967.5 damages. With SRM it's impossible but with that amount of ammunitions, you can do several damages. Just don't shoot at 280 meters, shoot at your ennemies at 50-100 meters and you can beat anything. It's the better duelist versus bigger and less agile mech.

And bonus : other lights mech fear you and run away because they all think that you have 4xSSRM2 (wich is a good build too). Lack of JJ is a weakness compare to the other Jenner, but with the new JJ changes, having one or two JJ on a lights is very useless, it's only good for passing some asperities on the field, but that's all. If you know the map well, JJ aren't mandatory... =)

That's the build I use.. only problem is my windshiled always gets cluttered with clan component debris flying into it! :(

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 29 July 2014 - 12:50 PM.

#202 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:49 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 29 July 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

Who said anything about standing around while shooting?

I consistently have good games with my Arrow. Its K/D is 2.27 with an average damage of 342 spread out across 194 matches. It got hurt when the clans came out and that's because I was using an XL build for awhile. Stick with STD engine builds these days, it does just fine.

I recommend the BJ-1X next. I run mine with a STD 280 and 6 ML for my main battery. I also have two small lasers that allow me to continue doing damage while I cool off. It's actually rather robust. I use the STD 280 over the STD 295 not because I don't have the tonnage, but because I get better heat efficiency. You trade 8 kph for way more heatsinks.

I will try it.. but I don't usually scare when I see someone loaded with mg's. So far I've strapped two ac 2's and people run.. even tho they weak.. waiting to elite Arrow before trying machine guns..

View PostCrotch RockIt, on 29 July 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

It's not quite as good since they nerfed streaks from 2.5 damage down to 2.0, though.

I never, NEVER run streaks anymore. SO not worth the weight/hard points.

#203 Injaneer

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:49 PM

Why aren't the Atlas champion/heros on sale any longer? I thought the sale was extended. Did I miss something?

Edited by Injaneer, 29 July 2014 - 01:14 PM.

#204 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

View PostInjaneer, on 29 July 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

Why aren't the Atlas champion/heros on sale any longer? I thought the sale was extended. Did I miss something?

Check it again ;)

#205 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 29 July 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

I will try it.. but I don't usually scare when I see someone loaded with mg's. So far I've strapped two ac 2's and people run.. even tho they weak.. waiting to elite Arrow before trying machine guns..

I've run two AC/2 with four MG and three Small Lasers before. It was a very good build; I have a video of it somewhere. The problem is that it actually requires more face-time with the target than going with something simpler like a single AC/10, LB-10X, or LPL+2MPL as your main damage dealers. You want to be able to pop in and out of cover while peeling armor, then go for the kill once you've got that armor either deep red or gone altogether.

The AC/2 build also runs hot and is not as good for prolonged brawls. The Pulse Laser build is also hot, but fits more heat-sinks and can use a standard engine without being heavily ammo-constrained. It's also more sustainable than AC/2 because when you are heat-saturated you can just fire the LPL...which does more damage in less time and is infinitely sustainable.

#206 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:30 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 29 July 2014 - 08:56 PM, said:

I've run two AC/2 with four MG and three Small Lasers before. It was a very good build; I have a video of it somewhere. The problem is that it actually requires more face-time with the target than going with something simpler like a single AC/10, LB-10X, or LPL+2MPL as your main damage dealers. You want to be able to pop in and out of cover while peeling armor, then go for the kill once you've got that armor either deep red or gone altogether.

The AC/2 build also runs hot and is not as good for prolonged brawls. The Pulse Laser build is also hot, but fits more heat-sinks and can use a standard engine without being heavily ammo-constrained. It's also more sustainable than AC/2 because when you are heat-saturated you can just fire the LPL...which does more damage in less time and is infinitely sustainable.

You know your Arrow! You are right, 2xAC2 build is HOT and doesn't give enough DPS especially against Clanners. Ok I tried a 6mg, 3 large laser build (no jets) using the MG range ext module.. FUN build! I got over 500 damage both times (and not even fully basic'd). HE is 1.26 so it's doable. HE is 1.18 if I add lrg las ext mod so that's NOT practical.

LB10X may be good as well as this would make a very HE build with 6MG's. Perfect for Terrible Therma and the Desert. Overall this mech is a worthy buy.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 30 July 2014 - 06:31 AM.

#207 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

Happy to help! :P

#208 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

I would say great sale. However, these are the prices all of these mechs should normally be. Especially the ones that have been around for a long time. It was enough for me to purchase some MC to buy the Arrow but not enough for me to buy the Loup De Guerre which was the only other hero mech I want at this time.

Edited by IceCase88, 30 July 2014 - 11:20 AM.

#209 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:06 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 29 July 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

Whenever someone puts down the Treb I know they can't pilot worth squat. Bahahaha

Or pilot well enough to pound them into the dirt with ease, funny how that works; your issues aside I was making fun of the name rather than the mech itself. (That and the banshee hero "The Munchie", I don't bother with Yen-Lo-Wang jokes though....too easy.)

The latest patch just gave you the spray can.. NO more excuses bro.

A better broom is still a broom, not a can - make it a urbie and we will talk.

Edited by Xeno Phalcon, 30 July 2014 - 12:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users