• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:02 PM

View PostKOMMISSAR KITTY, on 31 July 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

Including supply depots to capture in certain game modes would help reduce your repair costs at the end of matches. Lots of things they can do that give meaning to the game and work alongside R&R features.

Swag is always a good thing to aquire. Capture a munitions depot and the command gets so many tons of ammo. Capture a base and get R&R for half price for that battle. DO NOT penalize the losers though, Their R&R would remain the norm... but would require relocation to a different base. Maybe some other perks and quirks.

#442 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

View PostSqually160, on 31 July 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

Sorry, i do not mean total loss. You still need to rnr whats blowed up or used though. The main point of my post though, which understandably i did not convey well, is not that we should be using cbills to rnr for cw. We need another, new currency that is influenced by control points on the map. Ppcs will be costly if the factory keeps changing hands and cant produce at100%.

ahhh ok gotcha

hmmm....
maybe LP could be integrated into that? LP and rank could be used to help offset R&R? Play more, earn LP, earn bigger discounts which encourages players to play more and "level up" their pilots instead of jsut their mechs. I'm sincerely hoping at some point we get the "warrior" part of mech warrior so taht we can have actual pilot characters with quirks, skills, etc.

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 31 July 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

Swag is always a good thing to aquire. Capture a munitions depot and the command gets so many tons of ammo. Capture a base and get R&R for half price for that battle. DO NOT penalize the losers though, Their R&R would remain the norm... but would require relocation to a different base. Maybe some other perks and quirks.

that would be lovely

#443 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 31 July 2014 - 04:30 AM, said:

Well, if you wanted to build a complex and deep game, you'd have to go back to 2012 and start over from scratch. There's no way they'll implement a system that takes players out of their preferred robots now.

Can you imagine if all the clan babbies with phoenix gundams and IS collections were told they can only be clan or IS? There'd be a riot. Same if they said that now you have to pay huge repair costs for your cash only hero victors.

however if the player is Inner Sphere, why would he field Clan Equipment. the objective is to beat the Clan Invaders with Inner Sphere equipment, by hook or crook. I for one don't want Omni's on my side of the fight until 3058!

#444 PANZERKAT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:13 PM

The tears eventually dry up, but I agree. They gave up their leverage and caved, making the game too soft. Going back isn't really an option.

#445 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

View PostKOMMISSAR KITTY, on 31 July 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

The tears eventually dry up, but I agree. They gave up their leverage and caved, making the game too soft. Going back isn't really an option.

I agree as well, that's why these ideas are for CW. CW offers a new "mode" not detracting from other play styles.

#446 Squally160

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 295 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

View PostSandpit, on 31 July 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

ahhh ok gotcha

hmmm....
maybe LP could be integrated into that? LP and rank could be used to help offset R&R? Play more, earn LP, earn bigger discounts which encourages players to play more and "level up" their pilots instead of jsut their mechs. I'm sincerely hoping at some point we get the "warrior" part of mech warrior so taht we can have actual pilot characters with quirks, skills, etc.

that would be lovely

I would LOVE if LP was used to buy rank, repairs, and CW specific gear. Youd really have to choose what you wanted to focus on. As well, it would reward skilled pilots who can bank more LP with faster rank ups or more CW specific item purchases. As well, cbillionaires wouldnt get an advantage. Id just say though, sadly. Prem time shouldnt give you an lp bonus.

#447 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

View PostKOMMISSAR KITTY, on 31 July 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

Its always an Option, just not one folks like to consider. :)

#448 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:58 PM

View PostSqually160, on 31 July 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

I would LOVE if LP was used to buy rank, repairs, and CW specific gear. Youd really have to choose what you wanted to focus on. As well, it would reward skilled pilots who can bank more LP with faster rank ups or more CW specific item purchases. As well, cbillionaires wouldnt get an advantage. Id just say though, sadly. Prem time shouldnt give you an lp bonus.

I don't think prem time will be linked to LP, that defeats the purpose of the PP medallions and mechs. If they do that, well a lot of people who bought PP are going to be PISSED

#449 Squally160

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 295 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

View PostSandpit, on 31 July 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

I don't think prem time will be linked to LP, that defeats the purpose of the PP medallions and mechs. If they do that, well a lot of people who bought PP are going to be PISSED

I agree. And if it becomes a currency id feel it would be too clost o a p2w type advantage.

#450 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostSqually160, on 31 July 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

I agree. And if it becomes a currency id feel it would be too clost o a p2w type advantage.

I don't see how it could be a P2W advantage, it's no different than paying for premium time. I would suggest having cbill items that can be purchased to provide a "boost" though to avoid any "we can't get the same bonus for free" arguments though.

#451 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 31 July 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

however if the player is Inner Sphere, why would he field Clan Equipment. the objective is to beat the Clan Invaders with Inner Sphere equipment, by hook or crook. I for one don't want Omni's on my side of the fight until 3058!

Why would he NOT? I am sorry, but if the enemy has "superior" weaponry, you use it when you acquire it and replicate it as quickly as possible. That is what the Inner Sphere actually did in lore, so why would they not in this game?

If you do not want an Omni, then do not use it. Kai chose to retain his YLW, and that is honorable, but he DID get it upgraded to better tech when he made that choice as well.

#452 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

View PostCimarb, on 31 July 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

Why would he NOT? I am sorry, but if the enemy has "superior" weaponry, you use it when you acquire it and replicate it as quickly as possible. That is what the Inner Sphere actually did in lore, so why would they not in this game?

If you do not want an Omni, then do not use it. Kai chose to retain his YLW, and that is honorable, but he DID get it upgraded to better tech when he made that choice as well.

Joe's a purist. He wants the canon storyline :) That's what he's getting at. Plus a lot of us TT players remember "back in the day" when we were having fun using our "crappy" IS mechs to mop the floor with clan invaders :D

#453 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

View PostSandpit, on 31 July 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

Joe's a purist. He wants the canon storyline :) That's what he's getting at. Plus a lot of us TT players remember "back in the day" when we were having fun using our "crappy" IS mechs to mop the floor with clan invaders :D

I am one too, and I want that too, which is what I supported my response with: canon examples. The Kuritans had fully functional Clan Omnimechs after the battle on Wolcott. All of the House leaders had Clan Omnimechs after the meeting on Outreach. LOTS of Clan salvage was acquired between those two major events.

There was only a single person that ever declined a Clan mech in lore, and that was Kai Allard-Liao, who chose his family's Yen-Lo-Wang, which was then upgraded with all sorts of Clan weaponry. Since we are all opposed to mixtech, at least for now, we can essentially call that mech a Centurion IIC and ignore its existence.

As far as TT, those matches are invalid, since you could have all sorts of weird scenarios and unbalanced drop decks, house rules, etc. The actual TT rules they are based upon are good to use, and I do that often, but the battles themselves are determined more on RNG than anything else. I most definitely do not want any sort of dice roll determining my success in MWO.

#454 Squally160

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 295 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

View PostSandpit, on 31 July 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

I don't see how it could be a P2W advantage, it's no different than paying for premium time. I would suggest having cbill items that can be purchased to provide a "boost" though to avoid any "we can't get the same bonus for free" arguments though.

I do, if its an actual rank/item/repair linked fund though. Your faction can be down however many territories, but its ok because everyone has prem to keep the big buys going just fine.

meh.

#455 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:06 PM

View PostSqually160, on 31 July 2014 - 06:52 PM, said:

I do, if its an actual rank/item/repair linked fund though. Your faction can be down however many territories, but its ok because everyone has prem to keep the big buys going just fine.

meh.

CW, according to what the devs have said, is far too ingrained in the game to be able to get around premium time still offering boosts to ease the "suffering" or just plain get rich quicker lol

#456 Squally160

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 295 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

View PostSandpit, on 31 July 2014 - 07:06 PM, said:

CW, according to what the devs have said, is far too ingrained in the game to be able to get around premium time still offering boosts to ease the "suffering" or just plain get rich quicker lol

DOnt crush my dreams!

#457 VanillaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationIn my parent's basement

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:33 AM

View PostCimarb, on 31 July 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

There was only a single person that ever declined a Clan mech in lore, and that was Kai Allard-Liao, who chose his family's Yen-Lo-Wang, which was then upgraded with all sorts of Clan Star League era weaponry.

FTFY

Yen-Lo-Wang was upgraded with a Gauss Rifle, M Pulse Lasers, Triple Strength Myomer, and an XL engine. There was no Clan tech on Yen-Lo-Wang.

#458 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

View PostVanillaG, on 01 August 2014 - 07:33 AM, said:

FTFY

Yen-Lo-Wang was upgraded with a Gauss Rifle, M Pulse Lasers, Triple Strength Myomer, and an XL engine. There was no Clan tech on Yen-Lo-Wang.

Minor difference, but TSM is essentially lostech in MWO for both IS and Clan, so whether you call it that or mix-tech means little. As a matter of fact, TSM was not fielded by the Clans until close to the Dark Age, since it was a technology that was created by the IS (Davion/Liao) during the Fourth Succession War. So, in this case, the IS was actually AHEAD of the Clans in technology, and Kai's mech was therefore "beyond mix-tech".

The end result is YLW can not be implemented per canon, and it was upgraded for Kai, to equipment otherwise unavailable to him, through the Wolf's Dragoon techs, which DID have Clan technology and expertise, when he turned down the Dire Wolf.

#459 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 31 July 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

Gawd.... capturing your repair parts and ammo... so so love it.

Course, makes losing stink, but yeah, losing stinks.

#460 PANZERKAT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

View PostCimarb, on 31 July 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

They kind of didn't do that in the Lore. Most, if not all Mercs under contract had it in the clause to hand over Clan tech, so they pretty much never got it and the Houses were trying to reverse engineer it. The Houses eventually made their own Omni mechs, but seeing hordes of IS mechs now sporting Clan tech simply didn't happen. You're talking about a complete redesign of a mechs innards to receive completely foreign tech and work with a smile without blowing up or shutting down. Some of those machines were a few hundred years old by the time of Clan Invasion and beyond. They were held together with spit, duct tape and prayer.

Clan salvage would work if items were actually destroyed or had a durability stat like the hardcore pvp games...sadly...the tears of this community wouldn't be able to support such a feature.

Edited by KOMMISSAR KITTY, 01 August 2014 - 02:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users