Custom Pc Magazine & Mwo

2 replies to this topic

#1 Vimeous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 191 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:14 AM

I've not seen this posted yet so apologies if it has.

Custom PC Magazine is "The Best-selling mag for PC Hardware, Overclocking, Gaming & Modding" in the UK.
This month they've included MWO in their "The Best Free-to-Play Shooters" a two page spread including Loadout, Tribes:Ascend and Planetside 2.

That's pretty good company and the 1/2-page write-up gives a pretty good feel for MWO despite limited space.

Rick Lane if you're reading this: many thanks for giving MWO column inches!

#2 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:47 AM

I'm glad to see that we made it into this magazine. :)

#3 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:39 AM

View PostVimeous, on 27 July 2014 - 02:14 AM, said:

This month they've included MWO in their "The Best Free-to-Play Shooters" a two page spread including Loadout, Tribes:Ascend and Planetside 2.

*sigh* I dropped ALL of them.

Loadout is meh. A good meh but still meh. Probably the next best high-speed skill shooter other than Quake-ish old school ones, but the last time I checked, beam+rocket is still the optimal solution. I hope the dev success but I've already moved on from that kind of game. It has a hilarious gore system though.
Spoiler

Tribes: Ascend is commercially dead. People are still playing but Hi-Rez no longer updates it (though they left it in a VERY solid state). It had almost exactly 2 years of lifespan, and apparently those two years were extremely good since they made enough money to progress to their next game SMITE. But, despite its heritage, in the end it's still an old-school skill shooter, and as long as they don't market it as an e-sport, it's still gonna be a niche-market product. In fact it's the nearest comparison I could find with MWO.

And I can't be bothered to play PS2. I tried it on launch, it was poorly optimized and the UI was all confusing. I certainly see the appeal, but I already bought Battlefield 3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users