- - - - -

Logitech Mouse M545

12 replies to this topic

#1 Kram Nedgo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:04 AM

logitech mouse m545 . . .
It has two buttons under the thumb ... but I will be damned if I can get then to fire a weapon any one else got one to work?

#2 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

So to the settings tab in the UI and find the keyboard section. Double click you the control you'd like to re-map and press the button you would like for the new map. I explain this in the following tutorial if your having trouble finding the settings.

http://mwomercs.com/...-game-settings/

#3 Kram Nedgo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

Thanx spike but this is not the issue the mouse...just doesn't seem to want to remap the pre-set commands ie .. forward one page ... show desktop

#4 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:47 AM

Sorry I can't be of more help. I use a RAT 7 and all I need to do is use the settings to remap the game controls. The only thing I can think of is to use the software that comes with the mouse and change the mouse's settings. That is if your mouse has such software.

#5 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:22 PM

It's a "feature" of Logitech mice.

You need to install setpoint, and set them to "other Mouse Button", then they'll register as button 4 and 5 (which default to weapon group 3 and 4). I needed to do that on my MX.

#6 GTV Zeratul

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

I've just uninstalled the Logitech software and use the genaric MS mouse driver for my MX700 as I had the same problem as the OP. It now functions as a 4 button mouse, the show desktop and zoom button don't work but the 4 that do are enough for me.

Edit: I think the Logitech software is terrible as it doesn't allow you to freely asign functions but are forced to choose from different presets that are not what's needed for MWO.

Edited by GTV Zeratul, 27 July 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#7 Kram Nedgo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:59 PM

Thanx ... still not getting any joy ... going to revert to my knackered rat 3...even if it only works some of the time its still a better mouse.

#8 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:16 PM

Not exactly the most popular mouse around. Only possible fix I found was a suggestion to re-install Setpoint.

#9 Cujo666

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSurfing the interwebs from your mom's place.

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:25 PM

The m545 and Setpoint are not a gaming mouse and gaming software.

If you want a Logitech gaming mouse, you want something from the G range, that uses LGS (Logitech Gaming Software), for example this one.

#10 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:57 AM

I bought the Proteus last month and recommend it, although you also need to remap controls; there is no mouse button 5+ to use and most of the default functions are not detected in MWO. So I have a few keyboard keys mapped to the mouse with the default software and that works. With one hand and no mixups I can:
  • Fire weapon groups 1-4 (buttons 1,2,4,5)
  • Toggle chain fire (button 3, press mousewheel)
  • Change mouse sensitivity up or down (mousewheel sideways)
  • Align legs with torso (lower thumb button, the snipe button)
  • Call arty (fwd mini button G8 near main left)
  • Toggle ECM (aft mini button G7 near main left)
  • Mousewheel rolling not used (IIRC not supported in MWO yet)
The nice thing about the Proteus is that you can hit the thumb buttons without moving your thumb much; I tested the feel for this mouse and several others and liked this one most. There are other mice with even more buttons but that feels like playing the accordion. Buttons G7-G8 are not easily reachable so less-used toggles work well.

It's not really cheap though.

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 28 July 2014 - 02:00 AM.

#11 JSmith7784

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 139 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:48 AM

Not sure if this will help but it worked for me. I have a Logitech G5 mouse and running and intel I7 950. If I tried to use the USB3 ports the thumb buttons wouldn't register in MWO, but would work in other games. I then switched to a different USB port and all is fine now. I do use the set point software as well. All it took for me was trying a different USB port. Not sure why it works but it did for me.

#12 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:52 AM

Get a naga with 12 buttons on the side, it will ruin going back to any normal mouse forever...

#13 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:21 AM

This info - and mouse info in general - should really be made into a sticky... a lot of people are going to buy the "wrong" mouse by accident or default.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users