- - - - -

An Honest Question - Not A Troll

23 replies to this topic

#21 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:41 AM

View PostKoniving, on 28 July 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

NGNG or Reddit? Or did I overlook it on a Vblog? 'Cause I missed that.

I think the statement was before winter, on the northern hemisphere where PGI and most of the players are located that would be before December 21st.

#22 Gaulwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:21 AM

I will tell you why I play MWO :

First of all, the action is "slow paced" compared to other action games or shooters. I don't get owned by swearing 12 years old hyperactive kids on a sugar rush.
Slowness offers much deeper tactics when playing with friends.

I can play with any friend, of any level. There is no "you must be -this level- to enter the dungeon", and no stupid quest lists forcing people to go different areas even when they are the same level. (I am looking at you Generic WoW-like MMO. *frown*)

It is actually easy to fully equip your first set of 3 Mechs variants in a week with every skills. The rest is pure horizontal progression.

Games last 15 min max. When I die, I can chat with my friends, take care of emails and other stuff without being forced to pay 100% attention for hours.

There is no respawn/repair mechanics. When something is shooting my back, it mean he managed to tactically outplay me. It is not a random dood one-shotting me from behind because he spawned in my back.

The rules of the game are fairly simple once you know them. Every lasers behave the same, every armor, every engine... beside a few hardpoints and hitboxes positions, it is very hard to call a mech unbalanced. There is no need to learn the 5 skills of every 119 heroes in-game plus every item combinaison.
Compared to other popular games, MWO is very simple and most rules are logic.

There are many other reasons why MWO is a unique game that fits my playstyle. The point being I couldn't find a better game for me. (And I don't even like giant robots or battletech)

Cheers,
G.

Edited by Gaulwa, 29 July 2014 - 08:22 AM.

#23 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 29 July 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

I think the statement was before winter, on the northern hemisphere where PGI and most of the players are located that would be before December 21st.

In November/December, Russ gave a big command chair post that appologised, asked for forgiveness about overly optimistic deadlines and a desire to never disappoint us with them again. It was then that the August/September timeline was given.

So one had to come later (which I saw recently just don't remember where) saying that the Clans literally tied them up and halted everything else. Now that the Clans are out they are refocused on CW.

#24 Nikkoru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

View PostKoniving, on 27 July 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

The answers will come when Community Warfare, most recently slated for September, is released...

LOL yeah right

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users