- - - - -

Fps Problems

54 replies to this topic

#21 Jackplays17

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:04 AM

would downgrading directX help on ALL games or just mechwarrior? Other games i play: Minecraft, warthunder, Planetside 2, tribes ascend, and of course, mechwarrior. in all of those games i can get some sketchy FPS. I play on LOWEST settings for all of them except minecraft, in which my render distance is set to medium. I DO think i am going to upgrade my graphics card tho.

#22 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

Just don't expect a miracle. You're probably going to be getting 30-40fps.

#23 Jackplays17

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

Yea, im just going to go and upgrade my graphics card. looking for other peoples opinions on another forum first tho.

#24 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

You said you wanted to get 60fps, for reference I have a GTX 670 4GB with some factory tweaks, and my framerate still dips below 60 occasionally, though that is entirely because the game's graphics engine is rather suboptimal in some respects.
That particular graphics card is still rather expensive but if you're lucky you can get something similar on discount.

Edit: I should mention I play on high settings with dx11 but for that particular issue it's largely irrelevant.

Edited by Satan n stuff, 29 July 2014 - 12:17 PM.

#25 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

To answer a previous question, the Nvidia x60 (560, 660 and 760) and up support SLI, but only with a similar card. So, you'd need two 660s for SLI, etc.

On a positive note, if you get a 660, you can always add another one later, as long as your motherboard supports it, and have a large enough power supply that is.

#26 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

View Postmailin, on 29 July 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

To answer a previous question, the Nvidia x60 (560, 660 and 760) and up support SLI, but only with a similar card. So, you'd need two 660s for SLI, etc.

True, and yet also not entirely correct. You can't run true multi-GPU rendering if you have two cards that are different, but you can still use one as a dedicated PhysX card. Both cards still have to support SLI to do this, but they don't need to be nearly-identical like they do for true SLI.

As for the OP, though, his current 620 does not support SLI at all, so he won't be able to do that. Also, I don't think CryEngine uses PhysX anyway, so no gain in this game.

Edited by DEMAX51, 29 July 2014 - 12:41 PM.

#27 Jackplays17

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

OK guys, heres a link to some other peoples opinions on another forum for a game i play: https://forums.stati...cs-card.195360/

I have decided to get this graphics card: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814127756
and people on the other forum suggested that i overclock my PC, so i will.

Edited by Jackplays17, 29 July 2014 - 12:50 PM.

#28 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostJackplays17, on 29 July 2014 - 12:50 PM, said:

OK guys, heres a link to some other peoples opinions on another forum for a game i play: https://forums.stati...cs-card.195360/

I have decided to get this graphics card: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814127756
and people on the other forum suggested that i overclock my PC, so i will.

Nice. That's actually the exact same one I linked on the first page of the thread. I hope it works out well for you.

Before you overclock, though, make sure your CPU heatsink is decent enough to handle the additional heat (most stock heatsinks are pretty cruddy), and that you have a good enough power supply to handle the overclock and a more-powerful GPU. A decent aftermarket heatsink will only run you about $20, so if you're still running the stock cooler you may want to hold off on the overclock until you can afford one.

If you haven't dabbled with overclocking in the past, the forums at Tom's Hardware are phenomenal. The people there are generally very knowledgeable and helpful if you need any pointers.

Edited by DEMAX51, 29 July 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#29 Jackplays17

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostDEMAX51, on 29 July 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

Nice. That's actually the exact same one I linked on the first page of the thread. I hope it works out well for you.

Before you overclock, though, make sure your CPU heatsink is decent enough to handle the additional heat (most stock heatsinks are pretty cruddy), and that you have a good enough power supply to handle the overclock and a more-powerful GPU. A decent aftermarket heatsink will only run you about $20, so if you're still running the stock cooler you may want to hold off on the overclock until you can afford one.

If you haven't dabbled with overclocking in the past, the forums at Tom's Hardware are phenomenal. The people there are generally very knowledgeable and helpful if you need any pointers.

Yea i was looking at the other one i chose that was refurbed but yours was a little better deal.
I will need a new heatsink to overclock tho. my CPU gets hot as it is. I actually have some spare thermal paste in the drawer next to me, as i keep having heating issues. I have only overclocked my GPU before, (Last night, i wanted to see how much i could squeeze out of it.) Its didnt help much at all tho.

#30 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

View PostJackplays17, on 29 July 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

Yea i was looking at the other one i chose that was refurbed but yours was a little better deal.
I will need a new heatsink to overclock tho. my CPU gets hot as it is. I actually have some spare thermal paste in the drawer next to me, as i keep having heating issues. I have only overclocked my GPU before, (Last night, i wanted to see how much i could squeeze out of it.) Its didnt help much at all tho.

GPU overclocks don't do much of anything in this game, but CPU overclocks can get you a huge boost in performance.

If you look for a new heatsink, look for something along the lines of the Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO (http://www.newegg.co...N82E16835103099), just pay very close attention to the specs to make sure it'll fit your CPU socket AND that it'll fit in your computer's case. Some of these coolers are friggin huge.

#31 Jackplays17

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

View PostDEMAX51, on 29 July 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

GPU overclocks don't do much of anything in this game, but CPU overclocks can get you a huge boost in performance.

If you look for a new heatsink, look for something along the lines of the Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO (http://www.newegg.co...N82E16835103099), just pay very close attention to the specs to make sure it'll fit your CPU socket AND that it'll fit in your computer's case. Some of these coolers are friggin huge.

will look at heatsink, i didnt test my overclocked card in-game, it didnt run any bette ron the benchmark tests i did

#32 Jackplays17

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:22 PM

Ordering now :P will let you guys know how it turns out.

#33 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

Groovy - hope it works out well for you :P

#34 Jackplays17

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:55 PM

Is there a way to add "friends" in the game?

#35 Jackplays17

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

well, the spider is my favorite Mech, did 125 dmg with it in a single match, (yes, my framerate is so bad i can only hit about 25% of my shots at point-blank!) but, do the spiders machine guns do any SUBSTANTIAL damage?

#36 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

View PostJackplays17, on 30 July 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

Is there a way to add "friends" in the game?

Of course!

At the bottom of the UI a little to the right you'll see a small button with what appear to be three 'people' on it. If you click that there is a yellow button that says "Add Friend" at the bottom of the menu that pops up. Simply type in a pilot name exactly as it appears in a match or on the forums.

i.e. t Khrist

And there you go! A friend request will be sent to the pilot whose name you entered. When they accept they will appear in the list you opened by clicking the first button. Also if you visit a pilots forum profile there will be an "Add Friend" button to add them as a friend in the forums. Feel free to add me both in the game and on the forums if you like, we can group when you get your new card.

View PostJackplays17, on 30 July 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

well, the spider is my favorite Mech, did 125 dmg with it in a single match, (yes, my framerate is so bad i can only hit about 25% of my shots at point-blank!) but, do the spiders machine guns do any SUBSTANTIAL damage?

The MG's do not do very much damage at all, even with four. The nice thing about them is that they have a high chance to score a critical hit. That means if a component is missing its outside armor, you have a higher chance of destroying something that is equipped in that component, such as an engine or an AC20 :P. Hope that helps you out.

See you on the battlefield!

Edited by t Khrist, 30 July 2014 - 04:27 PM.

#37 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

View PostJackplays17, on 27 July 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

Im having some really bad problems with frame rate. I have optimized it with razer game booster. I get 15-20 frames on the LOWEST POSSIBLE settings. any ideas for optimization besides overclocking?

Specs:
8 GB ram
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 620
64 Bit
Proccesor: AMD FX 4300 Quad core, 3.80 GhZ

*edit* All my programs like directX are up to date completely.

Try Geforce Experience software! This software helped me a lot not only with MWO! If it did not help you than your problem will be in hardware. I am using Asus laptop with GEFORCE GT540M CUDA 1GB and my frames were between 20 and 30 on low settings, after optimizing the game with this software i have now frames between 40 and 50 (still on low settings) which is pretty big improvement!

Edited by ENS Puskin, 30 July 2014 - 04:40 PM.

#38 Jackplays17

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostENS Puskin, on 30 July 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

Try Geforce Experience software! This software helped me a lot not only with MWO! If it did not help you than your problem will be in hardware. I am using Asus laptop with GEFORCE GT540M CUDA 1GB and my frames were between 20 and 30 on low settings, after optimizing the game with this software i have now frames between 40 and 50 (still on low settings) which is pretty big improvement!

Thanks for the suggestion, but i already have it :P

View Postt Khrist, on 30 July 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

Of course!

At the bottom of the UI a little to the right you'll see a small button with what appear to be three 'people' on it. If you click that there is a yellow button that says "Add Friend" at the bottom of the menu that pops up. Simply type in a pilot name exactly as it appears in a match or on the forums.

i.e. t Khrist

And there you go! A friend request will be sent to the pilot whose name you entered. When they accept they will appear in the list you opened by clicking the first button. Also if you visit a pilots forum profile there will be an "Add Friend" button to add them as a friend in the forums. Feel free to add me both in the game and on the forums if you like, we can group when you get your new card.

The MG's do not do very much damage at all, even with four. The nice thing about them is that they have a high chance to score a critical hit. That means if a component is missing its outside armor, you have a higher chance of destroying something that is equipped in that component, such as an engine or an AC20 :D. Hope that helps you out.

See you on the battlefield!

I will add you, and i can do a little bit Before my card arrives :) i have enough frames to play in small 1v1's or 2v2's, also, with the spider, the large laser is to soften 'im up so the MG's can destroy his weapons/ammo/engies?

*edit* was in a game with my hunchback, which has extremely light armor and 2 lrm 20's. thats it. oh yea, and an engine and 2 heat sinks and ammo. is this viable? i always get large amounts of damage and kill assists.

Edited by Jackplays17, 30 July 2014 - 04:58 PM.

#39 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

View PostJackplays17, on 30 July 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but i already have it :P

Than you know what you have to do...

#40 Jackplays17

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:54 PM