#1 Cptn Goodvibes Pig of Steel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 125 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:36 AM

G'day,

This afternoon, I was logged onto MWO and eventually timed out when I was called away from the computer. At the time, my balance of MC funds stood at 564 credits. When I logged back into the game, my balance of MC was 64 credits. I have subsequently logged off and on a few times and the balance remains at 64 MC credits. It appears that 500 MC has been deducted for no apparent reason and am at a loss to why this has occured.

I did not make any purchases and have checked my inventory of paints in case I inadvertently picked one up by mistake. There is no new paint. I've already unlocked basic red & blue with C Bills and purchased titanium white some weeks ago. I have the same number of mech bays and mechs.

Could the developers please advise the reason for this deduction, explain what is going on or show a way to track to track MC transactions? Does this happen often and are other customers subject to this? Are these transactions secure?

Regards,
Draughluin

Edited by Nikolai Lubkiewicz, 02 August 2014 - 04:45 PM.

#2 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:30 AM

if you click the MC symbol on the top of the website you can see all the transactions.

#3 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:45 AM

Did you were alone?! Maybe a person bought something during the time you were away from your keyboard (afk).

#4 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:31 AM

View PostDraughluin, on 28 July 2014 - 12:36 AM, said:

Could the developers please advise the reason for this deduction, explain what is going on or show a way to track to track MC transactions? Does this happen often and are other customers subject to this? Are these transactions secure?

Regards,
Draughluin

Hi, as Flapdrol already wrote, press the beige MC sign at the top of the forums (middle button) and it will take you to the purchase more MC. Further down on that page, you will see a list of all your income and outcome to your MC balance.

#5 Cptn Goodvibes Pig of Steel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:07 AM

Thanks,

No, there wasn't anyone touching my computer and I haven't been able to see anything new. It kind of looks like a duplicate of a past transaction. I have done as advised and checked via the MC button. It shows a time stamp for a transaction, but unfortunately doesn't give further details of what this may be. Am rather curious and more than a little mystified by it. Anyhow, I've drawn a ticket for this and hopefully support can shed some more light upon this.

Thanks again for your assistance.

#6 Cptn Goodvibes Pig of Steel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:29 AM

Sorry everyone,

My apologies, tracked it down and I think I've found out what happened. Two hula girls. I think I have inadvertently purchased another Hula Girl by mistake when transfering from one mech to another. Didn't notice any confirmation for this, but is my error. I guess the question that arrises is whether I can reverse this or pass it onto someone else.

Regards

#7 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

View PostDraughluin, on 28 July 2014 - 05:29 AM, said:

Sorry everyone,

My apologies, tracked it down and I think I've found out what happened. Two hula girls. I think I have inadvertently purchased another Hula Girl by mistake when transfering from one mech to another. Didn't notice any confirmation for this, but is my error. I guess the question that arrises is whether I can reverse this or pass it onto someone else.

Regards

If you still have that support ticket open they may be able to reimburse you for it. They'll generally do something like that once for each player.

#8 Cptn Goodvibes Pig of Steel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:09 PM

Thanks mate,

The support ticket is listed as "new" and maybe you are right in this. I regret that I should have purchased another mech bay whilst the MC was still there, but this error was mine alone. Hopefully, the powers to be will reimburse, but for now I'll treat it as a test of goodwill in the determination of whether to make furture MC purchases for my own and sons MWO gaming.

Regards

#9 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:43 AM

Support normally will reverse one transaction per player. Some people asked for a refund on their Project Phoenix packages, and PGI let them back out. They should do the same here as I see no reason why they wouldn't.

Good luck to you, and I hope it all gets straightened out.

#10 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:55 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 30 July 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

Hey there Draughluin!

I've investigated your case and tickets. It is indeed the case that our Support team is not able to remove a variety of items from your inventory once purchased. Our database guru does, however, have this ability, and will be removing the redundant Hulu Girl Bobblehead which you had purchased at the next available patch.

In the meantime, I have credited your account with the value of that bobblehead. Please note that this constitutes your one-time refund request and we can only advise that you be careful to double check purchase prompts before accepting them.

Really, so when I bought GunMetal paint by mistake and emailed support and pretty much got a response of "We can't refund the MC", then asked if I could swap the colour because it was identical to the clan package grey. All I got was a very sassy "If we can't refund the MC, then it stands to reason we can't swap it"......I was lied to!? That's it, next time I see Bombadil in game....he's done for.

There's a feature suggestion an undo purchase option, that's active for 15 minutes, lets you go in game, play a match and see what mech looks like in the lighting. AJ Cyan has been the biggest disappointment ever, I in no way, shape, or form resemble the brightness of a lighthouse beacon.

#11 Cptn Goodvibes Pig of Steel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 125 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

G'day,

Sorry for not posting earlier (internet connectivity issues at my end), but I've responded positively in subsequent feedback email. However, I'd just like to publicly express my appreciation and gratitude to the developers and staff for sorting this out. As stated earlier, this was my error, but am happy (as would other clients) to see that your team goes the extra yard in regard to circumstances such as this. Is good customer relations, for which your team should be commended. Obviously, all this sits well with me and does bode well for the MWO community at large. And yes, lesson learnt, I will be more careful next time.

So again, thankyou and further purchases upon my part will now be forthcomming.

Regards,
Draughluin

#12 Almeras

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 294 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:20 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 30 July 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

Hey there Draughluin!

I've investigated your case and tickets. It is indeed the case that our Support team is not able to remove a variety of items from your inventory once purchased. Our database guru does, however, have this ability, and will be removing the redundant Hulu Girl Bobblehead which you had purchased at the next available patch.

In the meantime, I have credited your account with the value of that bobblehead. Please note that this constitutes your one-time refund request and we can only advise that you be careful to double check purchase prompts before accepting them.

I recently bought a Treb for MC buy mistake every other purchase is for cBill by default. Can we please make cbills the default option on all purchases.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users