Patch 1.3.307 Is Live!

302 replies to this topic

#281 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but is there any chance ammo will be "consumable"?

#282 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:48 PM

View PostNathan K, on 31 July 2014 - 03:31 PM, said:

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but is there any chance ammo will be "consumable"?

Repair and reload used to exist. It doesn't anymore for a reason.

#283 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

I'm experiencing more arty spam and dc, and lag than I ever have before, yet another badly done patch. Not that I'm at all surprised in fact I expect bad work.

#284 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

View Postred fury15, on 31 July 2014 - 03:57 AM, said:

устроили распродажу премиумных мехов и обрезали им слоты где логика ???

Do you seriously expect anyone to respond to your gibberish?

#285 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 31 July 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

Do you seriously expect anyone to respond to your gibberish?

It's not gibberish.

@Red Fury

вам сюда

#286 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

View PostxWiredx, on 31 July 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

Repair and reload used to exist. It doesn't anymore for a reason.

That does not mean that it should not come back for CW. Some of us want more than CoD, just so you know.

#287 Vaeden

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:03 PM

I just want to thank MWO for wastign my time by removing the module slots i ground oouton most of my mechs in favor of BUFFING their crappy over powered clan mechs ...game has gone a poor direction when it invalidates the owrk of those of us that have been here since the start. my D-DC was the most competitvie mech i had since i didn tfeel liek wasting money on pay to win. go fly a kite MWO

#288 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

View PostMike McSullivan, on 29 July 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

i would like to know what that +17% front armor for Awesomes CT means! I checked my AWS and they have all the same 100 max Armor - Like the other 80t mechs...is it meant to be damage reduction, or somenthing?

Like the Catapults when they have their missile doors closed there is a damage reduction to that location.

#289 Lad

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:37 PM

I never used weapon modules, and still don't plan too as they all seem to add heat. Also I never used consumables because I always wanted seismic, and advanced zoom. Then I'd use the extra slot for capture assist or something appropriate because I have most of the "Mech" modules. Now I have no use for most of my modules, and I've added artillery strike, and air strike to all my mechs because I'm not going to be the only one on the feild without them. I really wish they'd just consentrate on the meta game, new maps (not night time on the same maps because it's still the same tatics you encounter each time), and missions/ different game objectives because this constant tweeking of minor stuff is leaving the over all game repettative, and thus boring.
I have a theory that they made so many consumables part of the game because they sell some for actual money (ie. mech cash) and so it was really about getting paid, and not about improving game play.

I was happy with my spider sniper with seismics, zoom, and capture, and now I can't do that.

#290 Derfel

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

It was already voiced a lot here, but I have to repeat it just to let you know PGI.

There is no way that I will ever use a weapon module. (Unless you got something really awesome up your selves)

Right now weapon modules are just totally useless crap. You decided to balance everything with heat and expect us to use modules that give us a tiny advantage we wont even notice most of the time (range) in exchange for the downside of heat.

No way!

My favourite Mech is the DDC which once had 4 Module slots.

After the patch you reduced the DDC to two slots after Mastering.

Yes thats right I also not intend to use any consumables.

Seriously what MWO needs the most are, not minor tweaks, Module slots shuffling or anything of this crap you where doing since more than a year now.

Edited by Nikolai Lubkiewicz, 02 August 2014 - 01:05 AM.

#291 Revener

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSvea Rike

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:29 AM

Hm.... after this patch the mech start up animation at game start sometimes won't show ...

Not that I care, I wish it was optional and could be turned off, it gets old pretty fast.

Edited by Revener, 01 August 2014 - 04:30 AM.

#292 Azar Javed

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 26 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:08 AM

View PostDesintegrator, on 31 July 2014 - 07:34 AM, said:

Nice patch PGI !

After 2 years of playing and statistical observations of the servers you found out that the Awesome was NOT the most popular Mech out there. But maybe the buff is a little late now, as most of the players have sold their Awesomes 1.9 years ago.

Now the Awesome is a competitive Mech, but who cares.
I wont spend millions of Cbills again, to buy another set of three mechs...

And I kept my Pretty Baby to this day, swapped the Large Lasers for ERs now, and I still like that 'Mech, did so before too. ;) Sure I sold all the other Awesomes, but I only ever cared about the PB anyway. I need to try riding it more now, I didn't read the patch notes thoroughly and totally missed the heat buffs for Awesomes (only cared about the SLI stuff at first).

And if yours were skilled already, you won't need to buy all three again I guess.

Edited by Azar Javed, 01 August 2014 - 06:09 AM.

#293 Kamikaze uy

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

View PostBSK, on 29 July 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

Did you guys forget my post about the Jenner-K? Only the Oxide gets a 2nd module?

True, that was the ONLY thing that made de K playable, it had more MOLDULES than the others. And now its gone?! What? was it OP, too?

<sigh...>

#294 Willothius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 187 posts
  • LocationThe Great Mechbay In The Sky.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:44 AM

View PostCrotch RockIt, on 29 July 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

Btw, this patch officially makes the JR7-K just as pointless as the STK-5N. I don't own either of them, so I don't really care, but it's worth pointing out.

Also of interest: The Hunchback 4SP is now no longer the only asymmetrical Hunchy, as its RT also got a boost :P

And last one: Locusts with 3 weapon mod slots, while they can hardly carry more than one weapon type..

---

But seriously now, PGI, be more creative! More original mods- and quirks-stuff, like the mech quirks for Cents and Awesomes, could bring so much diversity!

-First of, make more lore- and role-related mech quirks: Jagers reload dakka faster, Firestarters and Adders get less heat from flamers; Catapults with faster lock-on, or something; Laser-Hunchy gets more heat capacity; Atlas or Direwolves get less shake from being blasted by big guns! Something to make them fit their roles better! The first few (Cents, Awesomes, Hunchy) look promising for things to come..

-Try to be more creative with the weapon modules as well, not just range mods: decrease cooldown/reload; reduce lock-on time/increase lock duration, generate a bit less heat for certain weapons, or even a slight decrease in heat from the heat penalty! Think of some cool stuff, that is ACTUALLY useful! Heat is almost always a bigger concern than range, so (almost) ALL modules we have now are a waste of C-Bills*..

-Make more diverse consumables: decoy devices, causing false sensor notifications; Placeable turrets, or mines; stationary ECM pods, or AA pods against Airstrikes? Something that can actually compete with the Arty/Strike-spam..

-Finally, more diverse module slot spread: Give lights more 'Mech slots, so scouting suits em better; give big, slow assaults less consumables, but more weapon slots (once they are actually useful), give purpose to the different roles!

-And finally finally, the way of reducing the number of 'Mech modules overall seems a weird choice in the first place.. Seismic Sensor = best, and probly always will be, so basically we will now use LESS diverse modules, the opposite of what was intended..? Dont really have a solution for this, other than just bring the number up a bit.. Nothing wrong with everyone carrying 3 or 4 'Mech modules, right? Just makes building more dedicated role-warfare mechs easier!

*Surely you guys can see this in your PGI-user-statistics, right? That no one is using these things? Is that why you forced everyone to have 2 slots dedicated to these weapons mods..? I hope not..

#295 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:46 PM

I must ask why the SDS-2H gets 3 mech modules? Of all the medium you chose the meta mech and boost it even more.

#296 Worm Seraphin

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 92 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

So how does the +10 armor to the centurion work? The numbers are still the same in mechlab, so its just added server side? no tonnage? and, the wrong arm? hmm...

#297 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostWorm Seraphin, on 04 August 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

So how does the +10 armor to the centurion work? The numbers are still the same in mechlab, so its just added server side? no tonnage? and, the wrong arm? hmm...

It would be added just like internals - non-visible to us. The armor amounts listed are just so we can allocate them, whereas this is a fixed quirk.

#298 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

You will probably still have 10 armor if you strip the left arm and go to the testing grounds (I didn't test that)

#299 Pwnocchio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

I've been crying about auto-reload for consumables for about a year now.

Thanks for adding it.

#300 Ward Serpentine

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 78 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 29 July 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

[color=#222222]
Bug Fixes[/color]
  • Significantly improved server slow down issues caused by simultaneously firing large numbers of Machine Guns and Energy Weapons.

Still seeing this as a problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users