#21 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:04 AM

View PostJimboFBX, on 29 July 2014 - 11:03 PM, said:

1. The crosshair feels too small when it zooms away. I don't mind that it gets smaller but most of the time I'm aiming at something with a much smaller crosshair than I'm used to and it's distracting

Not for me, I like that it is tiny when it is far away. But this is the smallest I'd like to see it. Anyway I tested and cannot get it any smaller so it's fine to me.

2. Arm reticle always seems locked... or something. I only tried this on one mech but seems like others have similar issues.

I only tried with BJ and arms were locked horizontally, dunno if it's for that mech only as I was used to play with everything locked all the time.

3. The 3d is fake.

What? I play MWO in 3D since March 2013 and I like how 3D looks. The cockpit maybe not in full 3D but I don't care.

#22 Matthew Craig

Technical Director

• 867 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:48 AM

View PostL3GR0DANCER, on 29 July 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

Good to see responding to feedback in the 3d vison support thread is such a high priority for the devs. /golfclap Meanwhile, in the module change feedback thread...

Module changes are for design to respond to, not engineering. Thanks to everyone for your feedback on 3D we'll try and incorporate as much of it as possible in the next cleanup pass.

EDIT: There is a new CC post up about modules http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3594250

#23 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 30 July 2014 - 07:48 AM, said:

Thanks to everyone for your feedback on 3D we'll try and incorporate as much of it as possible in the next cleanup pass.

Can you elaborate on what is a cleanup pass and when they are planned? Does that mean that next patch won't see 3D touched at all? I don't mean like fixing everything in the next one but at least have a look, sometimes there are issues that can be fixed quickly without investing much hours of labor.

#24 DivineBuster

Rookie

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

3D Vision only works in Fullscreen mode only, right? When its on and MWO starts up, the client always minimizes the window. Restoring it would have it minimizing again. You can also hear the game audio stuttering in the background. Only workaround I had was to Ctrl-Alt-Del and start Task Manager and somehow that would fix the client. Anybody has any idea to fix this?

Other than that, 3D Vision works nicely and really adds to the immersion. Some of points have been mentioned already such as the arm targeting reticle. Really dig the 3D targeting crosshair where it appears larger if its on a closer target.

#25 AwesomeExpress

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:10 PM

I have not been able to get 3D vision working. It either loads but the 3D vision doesn't turn on or the emitter kicks on and it crashes on start up.

Not sure what to do, changing settings and such but nothing seems to work.

#26 Vorloni

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:41 AM

3D HUD aside I too would like to see 3D implemented outside the HUD also. Now if you ignore the HUD and look the scenery and your cockpit everything seems too flat. You can easily see this by turning 3D on and off. There's no tangible depth to get the full 3D immersion of you being in a cockpit of a mech. On top of that I can't change convergence or depth settings at all to make it more 3D that it is now. Otherwise good job for getting some attention for 3D side of this game.

#27 darkezero

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:44 PM

Read about the 3D implementation, dusted off my 3D set, made sure my drivers are up to date (340.52 as of writing this), and it looks good. Only downside is I can't tell what I'm aiming at. Crosshairs aren't completely locked (still way off) as long as I'm looking down but is completely non-representational of WHERE my arms actually are pointing. Attempted in both DX9 and DX11.

http://i.imgur.com/pH8ZCFK.jpg (left eye) http://i.imgur.com/l1LMAQK.jpg (right eye)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users