#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:39 AM

Greetings MechWarriors,

Please let us know about your experience with the recent addition of 3D Vision Support!

#2 RotS Targe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

Do you need DX11 for it to work? I can't run 11 because it crashes, but my monitor is 3D capable, yet with 9 selected I do not have the option to activate 3D.

#3 Matthew Craig

Technical Director

• 867 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:58 AM

Should work fine for DX9 please ensure you have enabled stereoscopic rendering in the driver control panel. The 3D option in game won't enable unless it detects driver support.

#4 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

ABSOLUTLY AMAZING! :( Too many players underestimate all the pleasure of playing with DEPTH. This game is sooo about depth anyway. I love watching the ennemy far away and feel the distance. Like I've been saying for months with my signature, I play MWO in 3D for a long time and could not wait for official support of it. I also just announced it here.

I must admit that today's patch adding corsshair depth is damn cool, and I also love new target boxes.

Now... my request for a long time already, please fix Damage Glow in 3D! ;)

#5 CrispRice

• PipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:42 AM

3D Vision not working driver 340.52 WHQL GTX 770SLI EVGA Classified

#6 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

View PostOblivion0909, on 29 July 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

3D Vision not working driver 340.52 WHQL GTX 770SLI EVGA Classified

Just downloaded new driver but haven't installed it. I think I can safely install... but I'm not in SLI.

Were you playing in 3D before today? Have you checked the 3D Vission support box? Have you tried previous driver?

Edited by Rhialto, 29 July 2014 - 04:01 PM.

#7 CrispRice

• PipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

no I have not played I was waiting for official support also I build gaming pc's the box is checked and 3D is enabled in my driver cp the game is not activating 3D yet all my other 3D games activate fine

#8 CrispRice

• PipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

fixed my 3d issue full screen must be activated in game options

#9 Vanguard836

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

Seems to work pretty well overall, the HUD bracket depth could perhaps be increased a bit as I find it a bit odd on the eyes : the weapons, health and targeting info as well as the cross-hair group appears to be deeper.

I wonder if the circle in the targeting reticule could benefit from being at a further depth than the torso crosshairs.

Arm cross-hair doesn't work properly : The whole hud follows if you hold the Ctrl key to look with the arms only.

The rest seem pretty good so far !

Edited by Vanguard836, 29 July 2014 - 12:26 PM.

#10 CrispRice

• PipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

yes the actual world needs more depth seams like just the cockpit and HUD have depth but not the rest of the world ie buildings and mechs look 2d no depth

#11 theCheek

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCyprus

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

So I've got it all enabled, and its clearly 3D, and its clearly beautiful!

HOWEVER! When it comes to playing in 3D there's some major problems:

1) Targetting reticule does not seem to go Red any more when you score some damage. When at range this is a big problem.

2) Advanced Zoom module makes the targetting reticule weird. I think its because its not rendering at depth, so when trying to focus on a mech, it doubles.

3) DX11 and 3d vision makes my framerate drop down to under 10fps. It only works for me on DX9.

Running a Geforce690, with SLI enabled.

#12 Matthew Craig

Technical Director

• 867 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

I'll try and find some time in the coming months to iron out the remaining issues with mech damage glow, target reticule not going red etc. and hopefully provide some tuning cvars for the various depths to allow them to be adjusted to taste.

#13 Jot Nara

• PipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 58 posts
  • Location2:1:2

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:29 PM

EVGA GTX 780 Ti build 340.52
My mech's arms seem to be stuck on arm lock when 3D is enabled. Also the crosshairs render at wonky distances. Very hard to aim with any precision. With A/C's I miss completely and with lasers I feel like I'm walking in a M2.
Very pretty, though.

edit: format

Edited by Jotnara, 29 July 2014 - 02:30 PM.

#14 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

** This topic should be pinned, like others threads reporting on 1.3.307

I haven't tested under DX11 because I reported a problem twice and it never got looked at si I'm sticking to DX9 (dunno what improvement I would get with DX11 anyway, my framerate is fine at full details already, if it's better visual then maybe I would be interested).

I was also playing with ars locked but now that there is a key assigned to this that I can hold when needed, I'll switched to unlock.

If there is something I would like improved, it's showing the distance above or below the crosshair and make it follow crosshair depth. Like it is now our eyes are working hard to focus on front to read the distance then go focus again far at crosshair. Before that patch, both distance and crosshair were at same depth and it was less tiring.

#15 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

Ok I tested with unlocked arms and it's true that arm reticule is not always following arms.

#16 Event Horizon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 252 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:18 PM

First of all, thank you for working on 3d Vision support in MWO.

Right now the arm reticle (circle) is not properly following the arm weapons.

Also with Track IR the reticle follows head movement, causing your reticle to lose alignment with actual weapons.

More depth too please! Thank you!

Edited by Eugenics, 29 July 2014 - 06:22 PM.

#17 crazyrob

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

First of all, thanks for getting 3D implimented!!! Other than what's already been mentioned about various HUD depths, it also seems that adjusting depth via the roller on my 3D vision emitter makes no difference. The Nvidia overlay appears and shows that it is attempting to adjust depth, but it does not appear to affect anything. Is there any way to adjust this in game?

#18 L3GR0DANCER

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:20 PM

Good to see responding to feedback in the 3d vison support thread is such a high priority for the devs. /golfclap

Meanwhile, in the module change feedback thread...

#19 JimboFBX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:03 PM

First, thanks for taking the time to do this. Here's my feedback:

1. The crosshair feels too small when it zooms away. I don't mind that it gets smaller but most of the time I'm aiming at something with a much smaller crosshair than I'm used to and it's distracting
2. Arm reticle always seems locked... or something. I only tried this on one mech but seems like others have similar issues.
3. The 3d is fake. This put 3d vision users in an uproar when crysis 2 was fully 3d vision ready, only to lie and use fake 3d. You can't have much visual difference otherwise you get graphical artifacts. My understanding is that the engine supports real dual-rendering 3d but you have to enable it. Changing r_stereoMode to 1 doesn't appear to do anything.
4. Crosshairs don't appropriately adjust Z-depth for changes to the eye dist/screen dist (tricks to change the convergence).
5. I'd rather that the cockpit and HUD popped out of the screen and 0 convergence was the outside directly in front of the cockpit. Currently there doesn't appear to be any way to get the cockpit to pop out, and likewise the cockpit seems flat when you crank up the depth
6. The 3d menu option isn't available unless you enabled the 3d vision driver beforehand. 3d vision has a hot key to enable it, and I generally do not enable it by default because most games do not support it, and even if they did I don't always want to use it.

Edited by JimboFBX, 29 July 2014 - 11:04 PM.

#20 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:56 AM

View Postcrazyrob, on 29 July 2014 - 09:58 PM, said:

First of all, thanks for getting 3D implimented!!! Other than what's already been mentioned about various HUD depths, it also seems that adjusting depth via the roller on my 3D vision emitter makes no difference. The Nvidia overlay appears and shows that it is attempting to adjust depth, but it does not appear to affect anything. Is there any way to adjust this in game?

Same here... I use a built-in monitor emitter so no roller and I usually press CTRL-F3 and CTRL-F4 to change the depth and like you I see the overlay bar raise/lower but no change. Worst, when I press CTRL-F4, MWO see it as F4 so I always switch from 1st person view to 3rd and vice-versa.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users