#301 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostSolemkof, on 04 August 2014 - 05:51 AM, said:

Evidently, I've been using the Thunderbolt wrong, mounting a zoom-mod. (to complement a gauss rifle) and a seismic sensor without mastering the mech. That must've been borderline exploiting.
Instead, I should bring some consumables and weapon modules, because abundant airstrikes and additional heat will totally improve the gameplay.[/sarcasm]

BRILLIANT POST SOLEMKOF!

That nicely summarizes this whole debacle perfectly!

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 04 August 2014 - 12:06 PM.

#302 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

View PostAlmeras, on 04 August 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

I appreciate them but not in this quantity can you up the timer by 3x or Maybe limit them to certain 'command' mechs.

I rather see a new module take this place 'smoke module' for 20k cBills with a 100m diameter smoke cloud for 10seconds (blinds regular, night and heat vision)

I like the idea of needing a command computer to use them... Not sure how many people would want to add a few tons just to drop an air strike.. Heck even just needing BAP for 1.5 tons would make many people hesitate. I also love the idea of a global cool down timer for them.. limit them to perhaps 2 per match...

#303 jackal40

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:00 PM

I've always thought that arty and airstrikes should be limited to the company commander for call-in. Maybe this should be the function of the command and control module - but it should not be available for EVERY player.

This just shows how PGI doesn't get it.

#304 Vahgus

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationThe other end of that ER PPC that just hit you.

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:31 AM

View Postjackal40, on 04 August 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

I've always thought that arty and airstrikes should be limited to the company commander for call-in. Maybe this should be the function of the command and control module - but it should not be available for EVERY player.

This just shows how PGI doesn't get it.

On this note I think that the airstrike and artilary strike could be made available to company command or lance command level and limit the number per team to 3 or once per lance. This would eliminate the need to have a module for this altogether and that's just fine by me. I'm not really sure how the single mechwarrior really benefits from these modules anyway. Granted PGI would have to integrate these strikes into the previously meantioned command portions of the game.

The commanders could designate marker carriers as part of their command abilities and activate them as needed. This would mean that the commanders would actually have to authorize the strikes which would add even more realism to this giant tech sandbox. Of course the commanders would be able to activate the strikes at the begining of or later in the match, but until then nobody could use them.

I also tried out the cool shot modules recently and I think they would be better off as mountable self regenerating secondary cooling systems instead. As far as use goes they are really only good for absolute emergencies aka when you are in close getting hammered and only a small percentage away from shutting down. Yes such a system should be available to all mechs that have room.

This doesn't change the fact that I am one of the many who think you need to restore the mech module slots you took away. I hope there is a new build coming soon that fixes this module mess, because I'm really sick of it.

#305 GenghisJr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:11 AM

Firstly, not a fan of arty/air as they detract from game play -imo. But, reading these posts Im surprised no one has figured the real value of the weapon mod's - they do extra damage. No they dont increase damage but for all ranges beyond the recommended they do extra damage. So a target at 500m will receive extra damage if your large or medium laser is equipped with a module, its not about the extra 10-20m "range".
Is it worth it, no. The weapon mods add to much to the heat for them to be used with mechs that have more than the one laser and if you only have one laser - why bother! I have tried them on CDA 2A with 6ML - no way!. DRG with 2LPL 2MPL - maybe but no again and a few other pure laser and mixed builds
The thing is the mods may give extra damage for a few shots but once the enemy closes then they are purely a heat penalty and it would take a lot of extra benefit to justify having the mech shut down sooner or slow the rate of fire. 1.25-1.5x damage or they continue to collect dust in the inventory
So, the module system is a failure while the weapon mods have a heat penalty and I will continue to not use arty or air because I dont like them.
Some of my mechs got a big buff, 3 modules before and now 3 mech modules + consumables + weapons but for the most they all got nerffed. Especially CDA 3M, and DDC, I already paid a manouverability penalty for ecm and lack hardpoints in the ATLAS so 3 mech modules in these mechs is reasonable.
i have only used energy modules, i have no opinion on whether the ballistic modules are worth it.
Be aware the modules are about damage - not range, they increase damage by increasing range.
All ecm mechs have been mothballed till module slots are fixed, enjoy the lrms and wasting a mech slot on radar dep.
And...Target Info Gathering is best module in game - try it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users