304 replies to this topic

#41 Desdain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNewark, DE

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

Why did I grind out all of these damn master levels?

#42 Suzano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:19 PM

Congratulations pgi,

you have reached a new level of stupidy. This Patch will change the game balance dramatically and castrates the assaults again.

If pgi doesnt like assaults, why did they implement it in the game?

For example: the direwolf will be lost one of his modul slots and will gain 2 weapon slots. The missing modulslot will heavy castrate his offensive and defensive Skills (except the metabuilds maybe).

on the other side will he gain 2 complete useless weapon moduls. Why useless? because most of the direwolfes have no AMS and the weapons are already ok and doesnt need more heat output.

I think only 2 Clanmechs will benefit. The kitfox can now modify the 3 AMS with an AMS Range modul plus AMS overload+ enhanced narc+ an aditional modul. Rest in peace, LRMS...
The other one is the nova, who can use small Lasers slightly more effective than before.

The last funny thing is that the most players will use the consumable moduls for Ari and airstrikes. 48 Strikes/ game sounds funny. Skill is no longer needed for Strike online...

good work pgi, good work.

#43 Cmdr Kat

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 48 posts
  • LocationEcossé

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:26 PM

Modules lost due to this new patch. Ticket submitted but have to agree, you are forcing us to have a weapon module which is fine. But if this is the case, make a damn module for every weapon type please! I run an LRM boat with Meds as backup. I want an LRM module, not a laser module for my defense weapons!

#44 Varik Ronain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:30 PM

Overall I like this change for my own selfish reasons. I always ran with 1 weapon module, 1 consumable and 1 mech module. The change allowed me to bring another mech module and another consumable. The part that I do not like is that we are limited in consumables, I feel like I am obligated to take a strike now because of the slot. With the prevalence of strikes in groups I think the consumables should be LOWERED to 1 across most mechs.

Also, the auto-refill does not always worked for my upgraded UAV.

#45 Crinos

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

Where to start..... Oh right here... A TOTAL LOAD OF HORSE CR**P...

The module system where just fine as it was, and my AWS-9M that I'v mastered, lost 3 modules (all sensors) and it do not look like the c-bills for them have been refunded either...

I booted the game with great anticipation, and ended up with a ALT-TAB - Kill program way of exiting.

I will try to start up again, save my module stripped mechs, and see if the modules are available in inventory.. If not, this is the very last time I've played this game and will never ever recommended this game again.

I do understand that you try to push us to use more MC consumable modules, but... couldn't them just be added on the side as a free module slott since you pay with real money for it... instead, you had to go out and ruin a lot of mech builds...

PLEASE revert back to the way it was!!!

#46 Nightmage61

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

WOW, way to cripple lights and scout mechs. I think you just wanted a new C bill sink and no one was biting on the pathetic weapons modules. This sucks, give me back my general use slots. One more reason not to give you folks money.

#47 BlackIC

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIL

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

so the prime adder comes with 2 weapon module slots. its stock loadout is 2 er-ppcs. it only has one mech slot and one to unlock.

so as developed by PGI the prime stock mechs has 2 useless weapon modules.nothing on the prime variant uses any of the weapon modules.very poor design and implementation. The prime adder should have additional mech modules

that aside the whole module system is a big screw you to the clan owners. You dropped modules slots from scarecrow and timberwolf but add them to IS.

what the theory here, the clans developed inferior technology?

#48 Hannibal Chow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 143 posts
  • LocationGibson FWL

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:48 PM

What do I think?

Yikes - awful job, there was NOTHING wrong with the original system.

Please stop "fixing" things that aint broke.

#49 osakashogun

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:48 PM

I've never felt the need to post before, but this is jacked up...
I don't care about weapon mods or consumables either way, I use them on occasion. The weapon mods are a joke due to the heat increases except for MGs and maybe AC2s. The issue I have with this Is the same as the guy said earlier about his scout raven. I was looking forward to getting my 4th "mech slot" today so I have zoom, seismic, sensor, and targeting speed. I spent a lot of time grinding for all these mods at 6mil apiece, now I can't use them? I have mixed feelings about the consumable stuff, and I almost sort of like the weapon mods being split off from "mech mods", I can dig that. This crap about not being able to run my 2-4 mech mods depending on the mech has me considering just uninstalling the game and getting on with my life.

Not trying to be one of those who complains at every little thing even though UI2.0 has been a major pain, but this is just too much. I'm counting on enough people bitching that you guys will fix this, I have faith, so I'm gonna go finish off this 3L mod under mech trees for now with my fingers crossed. Again, the new area for weapon mods not taking up precious "mech mod" slots would have been AWESOME otherwise! I might have been on here cheering for such a badass move.

#50 Crinos

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

View PostCrinos, on 29 July 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

Where to start..... Oh right here... A TOTAL LOAD OF HORSE CR**P...

The module system where just fine as it was, and my AWS-9M that I'v mastered, lost 3 modules (all sensors) and it do not look like the c-bills for them have been refunded either...

So.. I just check.. my AWS-8Q that allso is mastered have keept its mastery module slot (why is this stripped from the 9M?)

And my costly modules are gone, no where to be found in inventory...

I am NOT going to play this game untill this have been fixed, and I'm NOT going to open a ticket for my lost modules. This is something that should be fixed as a curtesy to us users!

So.... friends have recommended World of Tanks to me... And I'll go there instead now... By by for me, untill you fix this error!

EDIT:
Oki, So I went into mech config an took off a weapon, saved, reinstalled the weapon and saved it again. And then the moduls where available in inventroy.

Edited by Crinos, 30 July 2014 - 10:49 PM.

#51 AldoRain

Rookie

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

You said there was SLI support, but I still have to change the drivers to get SLI. It is so simple to get these drivers to work, but yet you have NVidia support but you cant seem to master SLI. I am truly sadden by your lack of support for SLI even though you claim it has been implemented into this patch. Where is your support? I still have to shift drivers to get SLI to work, this is not support!

#52 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

I can understand evening things out module wise. I don't understand removing the mech slots. I expect you to see more strikes. Well, people put 2 strikes on most of the time anyway but why not let me take two uav's if I so choose if that is the case. Also, we have said multiple times to make the master slot an "any" slot. You didn't do that. Need it.

#53 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

Ok. To everyone complaining about disappearing modules... again: RESAVE YOUR 'MECHS. The module loadouts are not updating automatically; you need to resave in order to reset.

View PostHammerMaster, on 29 July 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

I can understand evening things out module wise. I don't understand removing the mech slots. I expect you to see more strikes. Well, people put 2 strikes on most of the time anyway but why not let me take two uav's if I so choose if that is the case. Also, we have said multiple times to make the master slot an "any" slot. You didn't do that. Need it.

The master slot is a 'Mech slot. This prevents people from considering 2 strikes + UAV as an omni slot would allow for all 'Mechs, since all 'Mechs have 2 consumables. At the same time, it was originally going to be a weapon slot, so count your stars for that.

Edited by Sandslice, 29 July 2014 - 01:09 PM.

#54 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:07 PM

*cough* Jenner K *cough*

#55 Chaosity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:15 PM

This may already have been said. I don't know because I haven't read everything up to this point, but...

I master certain mechs because I need that 2nd, 3rd, or 4th module slot for the mech's particular design/purpose. But in your magnificent wisdom and foresight (aka we need to force user's to buy useless weapon's modules) you screwed the pooch.

Thank you PGI for the module cluster f***.

Edited by Chaosity, 29 July 2014 - 01:16 PM.

#56 Cpt Zaepp

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 88 posts
  • LocationOn Alpine, Hamburger Hill, watching my team spreading out like a cheap prostitute on Solaris VII...

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

I know better ways to spend my GXP/MC/MC than on weapon modules and/or consumables.

Why not generate more reasonable GXP/MC/MC-sinks?

For example the ability to save specific load-outs and switch them in drop preparation?

Mechwarriors could unlock up to three loadout-slots for each variant/chassis with GXP and then buy them with C-Bills.

Simple and yet useful.

#57 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:23 PM

Rather than spend the cbills iv been saving for a new mech, I shall devote my hoard to nuking the enemy team with a prodigious supply of artillery AND airstrikes; someone will get the point.

#58 Isabelle

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:26 PM

I honestly rather like the change except for a few small details (Jenner-K strictly inferior to Jenner-D, and such). Limiting the number of mech modules allowed, means that people actually have to chose which ones they want as they now can't have all the ones they want. Keep in mind that while you might not be able to put on all the mods you want, neither can your enemy.

Having weapon modules have there own slots will actually make it so they see use, before hand they just weren't strong enough to compare to the mech modules. If you think weapon mods are useless, don't use them, both you and your opponent have useless weapon mod slots, so I don't see how having slots for them is something to complain about. Besides the additional heat is pretty negligible and there are several that have no drawback (I will definitely be using weapon mods).

Weapon mods with no down side
IS machine gun range
C machine gun range
IS AMS range
C AMS range
AMS overload (firing rate)
Enhanced Narc (unless you count faster velocity as a negative...)

As a side note:
IS streak 2 range, is the only one that has a downside that isn't more heat, instead it increases the reload time slightly.

As for the 2 consumable slots, while yes having everyone using both artillery and air strike would be annoying, I doubt most players will be willing to reduce their income by 80k per match in order to use both. I personally would have preferred 1 consumable slot per mech for most mechs (with cool-shots only taking 1/2 a slot so you can take both a 6 and a 9x9/18).

#59 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

Whose idea was it to change the module slot system?

because it is 1. Unnecessary 2. unwanted 3. useless

Nobody carries weapons modules because they are useless, now many mechs had their 3rd module slot nerfed in an attempt to force people to carry weapons modules, with the added bonus of vastly increasing consumable spam?

Terrible idea

#60 Herod

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

I don't think the changes are that big of a deal, however I will say that -more- artillery/air strikes per game do not make for more fun.

I would recommend limiting "strikes" to 1x per mech. Possibly only to light mechs.

H

Edited by Herod, 29 July 2014 - 01:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users