Where Did I Put That Module

11 replies to this topic

Poll: finding modules (78 member(s) have cast votes)

do we need something to help us find equipped modules faster

1. yes (76 votes [97.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 97.44%

2. no i like looking for them (2 votes [2.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 The Blood God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 233 posts
  • Locationchester england

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:06 AM

i know this has been brought up many times but i've seen nothing to suggest any thing is being done about it, but feel free to direct me to anything that says otherwise

most of us have been there ya about to drop but before ya do ya need to take ya advanced zoom off ya jager and put it on ya shadow hawk but then you realize ya took it off the jager last night but where did ya put it time to trawl 40+ chassis to try and find it or any module for that matter night mare!!!

so here are few suggestions from different threads and one of my own

my suggestion is a button on the front end of the UI or in the select mech screen that removes all modules from all mechs returning them to the inventory simples,

other suggestions included a filter in the mech lab for mechs with modules,
automatically removing modules after a match
and the old ready section back so at least we can see our recently used chassis that are likely to have the modules

any of these would be great to have, think the remove all modules button would probably be the easiest to implement but i know as much about soft ware writing as a gold fish so don't take my word for it.

any other suggestions are welcome here and hopefully we can demonstrate a high amount of support for this feature and get it in before christmass

#2 Jeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

I was using the home screen, select mech option, and clicking through my mechs as it listed all the modules under consumables before the patch... not perfect, but better then going into the mechlab and going into every mech...

Pre patch I was able to modify from there as well to quickly remove the modules from the mech which saved some steps.

I know that doesn't help now... but it was a work around I had been using (intent of the feature or not) that saved a few clicks.

Edited by Jeb, 29 July 2014 - 02:13 PM.

#3 skorpionet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 292 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:01 AM

this way?

http://mwomercs.com/...y-another-mech/

#4 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

Easy to do... just change the background color of the Mech icons in Mechlab for any Mech that has a module equipped.

Just my two cents :)

Edited by Ayrmoon, 31 July 2014 - 06:58 PM.

#5 SaltBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:42 PM

There are 3 places to find them

Use to find all in select mech screen now just consumables / Mechlab Modules for the mech / Inventory screen selecting each mech.

Needs a centralized location. I suggest it be the main module purchase / selection screen with the owned modules checked in a box or highlighted in a way that you can drag and drop a module from any mech while modifying a existing mech. This is the most complained about thing on TeamSpeak I hear before matches and time consuming looking for modules.

#6 norhymes

• PipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:11 AM

This still needs to be corrected. Loading and unloading modules is a click-intensive operation that does not need to be so. Please find a way to fix this sooner than later.

#7 The Iron Chancellor

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

Or by implementing the concept described within the first post in the following thread :
http://mwomercs.com/...s-shared-items/

#8 kayjay

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 32 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

Or a button that dumps all modules on all mechs back to storage.

#9 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:15 PM

there has been 10000 suggestions on good ways to make finding equipment easier. nothing has been done and nothing will be done, it is in PGI's interest to increase your time-to-drop as well as making it a hassle to find engines. why? you take longer to amass CBills and increases the chance you will buy multiples of the same module(CBill sink), all ending in a player more likely to spend real money on MCs

Remind me again how long we had to complain before we got the strip equipment button? Yea, and that's for cheap equipment. Good luck getting them to budge on expensive modules

#10 TB Freelancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 783 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

View Postkayjay, on 24 August 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

Or a button that dumps all modules on all mechs back to storage.

That would be so sweet.

#11 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:10 AM

No!
I think what needs to happen is that after you have done the EXP (mech/gxp) grind to unlock them and paid the HUGE ransom for the module, you should then have it available to all mechs, WE should not have to pay SIX MILLION C-BILLS for each mech we own that we want it on...

I have been modula swapping for a while now, its a silly waste of time.

Reason is, you cant launch multiple mechs...

#12 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:17 PM

I did NOT read any of these posts so this may have already been mentioned:

PGI, please add a SEARCH drop down menu at the top of the mechbay and you can select modules, weapons, equipment (e.g. BAP, jump jets,etc), or armor.
After you click search all the mechs that have the component you just searched for are the only ones that show up on your screen.
After you removed the component(s) you want and click Save you are returned to the standard mechbay with all your mechs.

And PGI, please allow us to HIDE trial mechs from view.
All of us who have our own mechs don't like the clutter. Pretty please, let us hide em :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users