Module Feedback (Its A Sly Nerf, Really..)

36 replies to this topic

#1 Anais Opal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOutreach - Shopping of course!

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:36 PM

Not liking this, not liking this one little bit.

My Atlas D-DC used:

Adv Sensors
Adv Seismic
Improved Gyros
Radar Derp

Now I can only use ONE Mech module. I never use weapon modules because they are not worth the slot, return on investment is an absolute waste of cBills for them.

Same with the Catapult C1-F,

I had
Adv Sensors
Adv Target Decay
Radar Derp

So WHY two weapon slots when LRMs HAVE NO WEAPON MODULE, and again the laser modules are a waste of cBills??

And Banshee.
Improved Gyros
Radar Derp
Adv Siesmic

INNER SPHERE ERLLAS DOESN'T HAVE A WEAPON MODULE so my 3xERLLAS/2xLBX10 gut ripper has had sneaky nerf like my D-DC and DEFINITELY like my Catapult.

All the really useful toys are now a matter of whether I want to be bounced around in my cockpit or be able to get out of LRM spam sharpish while getting bounced around in my cockpit making driving+shooting really awkward.

This module change is actually a nerf, and a damn foolish one.

#2 Hannibal Chow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 143 posts
  • LocationGibson FWL

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:52 PM

Well said Sir, NOT ONE PENNY MORE!

#3 deathlord

• PipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

Weapon modules are indeed just terrible. The benefits are so incredibly marginal, and even the smallest sacrifice to heat efficiency is hard to tolerate when the heat system in this game is so FUBAR to begin with.

Mech modules are a totally different story. There are many, and a large percentage of them are actually useful. Even in the pre-patch 4 module slot mechs I always had a tough decision of what to bring. Radar derp, target info, adv sensor, seismic, imp gyros, imp shocks, hill climb (on flightless lights), adv decay and/or enhanced narc (if applicable); that's 6-9 great options before even considering consumables.

This is a straight up nerf to a part of the game that was already largely balanced, with the exception of the already superior RVN-3L and AS7-D-DC having the module advantage on top of the ECM advantage due to a half-baked old stab at the electronic warfare role theme, which itself could have been fixed precisely without a whole pointless system overhaul.

#4 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

If you had four before, you should have two now. The master slot should be a 'Mech slot.

"Once you mastered a 'Mech you will gain an extra 'Mech module slot."

#5 Anais Opal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostSandslice, on 29 July 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

If you had four before, you should have two now. The master slot should be a 'Mech slot.

You're quite right, my D-DC has two.

Trouble is,
Seismic Sensors - absolute must
Improved Gyros - absolute must
Radar Derp - absolute must (Thos LRM boats with TAG+Adv Target Decay, HA! lose LoS on me and it's as if that TAG never happened)

As Deathlord said, modules were perfectly balanced to begin with, lots of useful toys, weapon modules are a JOKE, and are never used, especially in the face of the higher range, DPS, and Crit chance of the Clan TC's. And the weapons themselves lets not forget.

As for consumable slots, I would say that less than 0.2% of players use consumables, I very, very, very rarely see and Air or Artillery strike nowadays, and never see Coolshots anymore.

Inner Sphere 'Mechs have just been obsoleted because they are now not able to fit the modules to keep them alive and competitive.

Oh wait......

I smell a PGI sales plan here........

Edited by GlycerineOxide, 29 July 2014 - 02:12 PM.

#6 BOWMANGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

While I do agree that the weapon modules are not worth it with a few minor exceptions, I will say that anyone who believes that the DDC didn't need a change is fooling noone. You had a mech that was WAY better than all its other variants, this alone is a hint AND it had room to stack up all the modules it needed. Now that it gets a bit nerfed {justifiably so} people grab their torches and pitchforks. DDC was too good, it needed a bit balancing, this module change is a tiny bit of bringing the DDC down to its other variants power level {and it still won't be enough}. So just stop trying to convince everyone that the DDC was perfectly OK because every logical pilot out there KNOWS that the DDC was hands down above the curve and needed a tiny bit of humility.

Now PGI, let's do something about that Timber Wolf and the game may get fun again.

#7 Sandslice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

Actually, I smell room for another tweak: another Master Efficiency that gives either a second extra 'Mech slot or an omni slot, but costs something super high like 150k 'Mech XP (master) to unlock. It could make more money on GXP conversions...

#8 Anais Opal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

View PostBOWMANGR, on 29 July 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

While I do agree that the weapon modules are not worth it with a few minor exceptions, I will say that anyone who believes that the DDC didn't need a change is fooling noone. You had a mech that was WAY better than all its other variants, this alone is a hint AND it had room to stack up all the modules it needed. Now that it gets a bit nerfed {justifiably so} people grab their torches and pitchforks. DDC was too good, it needed a bit balancing, this module change is a tiny bit of bringing the DDC down to its other variants power level {and it still won't be enough}. So just stop trying to convince everyone that the DDC was perfectly OK because every logical pilot out there KNOWS that the DDC was hands down above the curve and needed a tiny bit of humility.

Now PGI, let's do something about that Timber Wolf and the game may get fun again.

D-DC cannot stand up to a Direwolf, irrespective of the number of modules it does or does not have. Lost mine many a time to a DWF alpha to the CT.

Anyhow, lets not get fixated on the OP'ness of the D-DC, its a good Mech in the hands of a GOOD pilot, in the hands of a fool, its just another hunk of scrap metal.

OVERALL, these modules changes are seriously handicapping ALL Inner Sphere Mechs because the weapon slots are wasted because the modules themselves are total junk.

And may as well do away with consumable all together....

#9 LastPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 596 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:21 PM

View PostSandslice, on 29 July 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

Should read: "Once you have mastered a 'Mech you will only lose one useful module slot, instead of two."

View PostSandslice, on 29 July 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

Actually, I smell room for another tweak: another Master Efficiency that gives either a second extra 'Mech slot or an omni slot, but costs something super high like 150k 'Mech XP (master) to unlock. It could make more money on GXP conversions...

Well, driving off your player base, then trying to squeeze more money out of the shrinking pool.... not good business, but sounds like something PGI would give the old college try anyway.

#10 Anais Opal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:34 PM

View PostLastPaladin, on 29 July 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

Well, driving off your player base, then trying to squeeze more money out of the shrinking pool.... not good business, but sounds like something PGI would give the old college try anyway.

Shrinking pool being the operative phrase here....

#11 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

I'll be playing something else for the next 2 weeks. Hopefully by next patch the ridiculous new module system would have been changed thanks to the collective rage of the playerbase and we won't have to endure up to 48 air/arty strikes per match or spend time laughing at folks who wasted their cbills on weapon modules.

#12 Anais Opal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 29 July 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

I'll be playing something else for the next 2 weeks. Hopefully by next patch the ridiculous new module system would have been changed thanks to the collective rage of the playerbase and we won't have to endure up to 48 air/arty strikes per match or spend time laughing at folks who wasted their cbills on weapon modules.

I'll be doing the same, and trust me hun, it'll be longer than two weeks.

Never in MWO's history from closed to open beta to the last two years of release have PGI EVER said 'Sorry guys, we f*cked up and we are going to roll those changes back'

'Sorry' isn't in their vocabulary, but 'stop your bitchin, its OUR game and we will do what the f*ck we like' IS in their vocabulary...

In fact I had a PGI support person, Reppu I think it was, say that very thing to me, 'its OUR game, and we will do with it what we will'

Edited by GlycerineOxide, 29 July 2014 - 04:03 PM.

#13 Krizalius

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,632 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPolar Terma City

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

Leave in the Inner Sphere Mechs old system modules.
For clan, rearranges modules. But no more than three pieces.

For example:
initially there
Module Group Consumables - 2
Module group Mech - 2
Module Group Weapon - 1

One of the modules can rearrange to another group.
Module Group Consumables - 3
Module Group Mech - 2
Module Group Weapon - 0

or

Module Group Consumables - 1
Module Group Mech - 2
Module Group Weapon - 2

or

Module Group Consumables - 1
Module Group Mech - 3
Module Group Weapon - 1

...and so on, different combinations. ...no more than three pieces on One Module-Group

It turns out we have omni-modules for clan
I think it will be just right and not imbalanced and not nerf. The golden mean.

It would be better to add a module amplification weapons for IS Mechs.
Clans are already strong for armament and they do not need amplifier modules.
Or return the back all the modules.

Edited by Krizalius, 31 July 2014 - 05:22 PM.

#14 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

I loved my DDC and I still do, but it needed the nerf. The DDC having 3+1 slots was a mistake that has been fixed, if only they wouldn't have made other mistakes in the process I'd be all happy.

And yes I HATE this change, they royally screwed the Jenner K. Before you had:
Jenner F: 6E 1 module.
Jenner D: 4E 2M 2 modules
Jenner K: 4E 1M 3 modules
* All of them +1 when mastered.

Now they still have the same hardpoints and 1 module slot. Seriouly that was just a royal nerf on the Jenner K. What for?? I can't fathom anything else than: Ooops, we didn't quite look at that.

#15 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

So i can't have a zoom module and a radar module on my dire anymore? Just what this mech needed. I can still drop strikes all day long if i wanted but im going to get killed by lrms now.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 29 July 2014 - 04:07 PM.

#16 Anthono

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

Any stalker pilots want to say anything?

#17 Anais Opal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

View PostBrizna, on 29 July 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

I loved my DDC and I still do, but it needed the nerf. The DDC having 3+1 slots was a mistake that has been fixed, if only they wouldn't have made other mistakes in the process I'd be all happy.

And yes I HATE this change, they royally screwed the Jenner K. Before you had:
Jenner F: 6E 1 module.
Jenner D: 4E 2M 2 modules
Jenner K: 4E 1M 3 modules
* All of them +1 when mastered.

Now they still have the same hardpoints and 1 module slot. Seriouly that was just a royal nerf on the Jenner K. What for?? I can't fathom anything else than: Ooops, we didn't quite look at that.

Typical PGI thought process,

There wasn't one.....

(And the girls on form, PGI's Harshest Critic Back In Action)

;)

Edited by GlycerineOxide, 29 July 2014 - 04:18 PM.

#18 Krizalius

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:26 PM

View PostGlycerineOxide, on 29 July 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

Even if IS Mechs are left alone and Clan Mechs have their module slots rearranged there is still one more thing that needs to be considered.

Clan TC's + Clan Weapon Modules + Already powerful Clan Weapons.

See where I'm going here?

Inner Sphere Mechs are DONE, OVER, FINISHED, END OF LINE. With these changes.

By end of November, start of December ANYONE still playing will switch to Clan Tech, and that chimp Russ's vision of CLAN v IS Community Warfare will be well and truly dead.

This needs looked at again, seriously.

You still have not insulted anyone. And do not try to be clever. I expressed my opinion.
In such a case, return the back all the modules.

#19 Anais Opal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

View PostKrizalius, on 29 July 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

You still have not insulted anyone. And do not try to be clever. I expressed my opinion.
In such a case, return the back all the modules.

Sorry?

Was I questioning your opinion?

No, I wasn't. Was I attempting to insult you? No, I wasn't.

Is your english a little dodgy and so didn't quite grasp that, I think it was ;)

No, insults, or anything intended at all dear so completely confused by your little response there....

#20 Krizalius

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

View PostGlycerineOxide, on 29 July 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

Sorry?
Was I questioning your opinion?
No, I wasn't. Was I attempting to insult you? No, I wasn't.
Is your english a little dodgy and so didn't quite grasp that, I think it was ;)
No, insults, or anything intended at all dear so completely confused by your little response there....

Oops... it's too late. :lol:
I don't understand why you post deleted, comments still remained. Well it doesn't matter.

Edited by Krizalius, 29 July 2014 - 05:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users