#1 Jeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:42 PM

Pre patch, I was using the "home" -> "select mech" option as a quick way to find modules on mechs... they all showed up in the "Consumables" location and I could click on "modify consumables" to remove a module from a mech... saved me a few steps, and made it a bit faster to find where I had my modules.
The nice thing about it was you could click on each mech to see its modules quickly.

Now we are back to the old method of having to use the mech bay to look at mech loadouts for modules.

Can we get the weapons and mech modules listed on the "select mech" screen again instead of just consumables? Even if it's listed under the weapons loadout or something, that would let you click through the mechs quickly without having to go into the "mech details" / "equipment" and then "back" on every mech in the mech lab to find a module.

#2 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

What he said ... please.

Why are you guys always taking two steps forward and one backwards ?

#3 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

there was a FANTASTIC idea posted in feature suggestion by someone for module icons to appear on the top right corner of the equipped mech in Mech Lab.

unfortunately, PGI wants you to take as along as humanly possible to drop into an actual game (e.g. 1000 clicks to do one thing/ module hunting etc). So no, it's not going to happen

#4 Jeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 441 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

I found a way to find the modules faster, but ya can't manage them this way...
Goto Home -> Inventory - > Battlemechs

click on each mech and it shows you a summary of the mech, which has the modules listed.

#5 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

View PostJeb, on 31 July 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

I found a way to find the modules faster, but ya can't manage them this way...
Goto Home -> Inventory - > Battlemechs

click on each mech and it shows you a summary of the mech, which has the modules listed.

That's what a lot of people did to find their modules before the "Select Mech"-screen and its modules-functionality.
Guess we have to do it again, now ... Are the unsellable 'mechs still missing from the inventory list ? Too lazy to go find out myself right now.

Edited by Ironwithin, 31 July 2014 - 09:39 PM.

#6 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

I don t have all my mechs in my inventory. So this does not work. I use a letter and write down wich mech I equiped.

#7 Jeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 441 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:27 PM

yeah the mechs ya can't sell are not listed, but it does help cut down where to look some what...

The initial method I listed worked great on all mechs ;)

#8 Scendore

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

Since we now have a new feature that will automatically purchase consumables then it wouldn't be hard to leverage the same piece of code to unload mech and weapons modules in you inventory. There should be a Strip modules option

#9 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:24 PM

View PostScendore, on 04 August 2014 - 01:56 PM, said:

Since we now have a new feature that will automatically purchase consumables then it wouldn't be hard to leverage the same piece of code to unload mech and weapons modules in you inventory. There should be a Strip modules option

There is: "Strip Mech" button in mechlab (last button on the left side when configuring a 'mech), tick the checkbox for "Strip Modules".

Edited by Ironwithin, 04 August 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#10 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

View PostJeb, on 29 July 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

Pre patch, I was using the "home" -> "select mech" option as a quick way to find modules on mechs... they all showed up in the "Consumables" location and I could click on "modify consumables" to remove a module from a mech... saved me a few steps, and made it a bit faster to find where I had my modules.
The nice thing about it was you could click on each mech to see its modules quickly.

Now we are back to the old method of having to use the mech bay to look at mech loadouts for modules.

Can we get the weapons and mech modules listed on the "select mech" screen again instead of just consumables? Even if it's listed under the weapons loadout or something, that would let you click through the mechs quickly without having to go into the "mech details" / "equipment" and then "back" on every mech in the mech lab to find a module.

I am now CONVINCED they want to make it as BRUTAL as possible to locate modules so that we would rather spend CBILLS buying more modules. That could be the only reason why they would take this feature away. SCREW THEM I use a XL spreadsheet to keep track of my inventory!
Posted Image

#11 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:43 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 04 August 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

I am now CONVINCED they want to make it as BRUTAL as possible to locate modules so that we would rather spend CBILLS buying more modules. ...

That conclusion is easy to come by but personally I believe it's just their usual "dance" of releasing broken features and generally doing 2 steps forward and one backwards with their development ... "Hey people, look ! We have some totally new stuff for you! It's broken, though ... and we broke other stuff with the new stuff. We'll fix it, eventually, maybe."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users