164 replies to this topic

#41 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

Hmmmm ... guess Bryan didnt think it was too drastic of a change.

#42 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

View PostZolaz, on 31 July 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

Not really, all your modules still work. If they removed Seismic Sensor from the game, for example. That would be a drastic change where you can get a refund reasonably. (Provided you had seismic sensor modules that evaporated.)

Slot count changes aren't that big. We used to have 3 mech slots, now we have on average 2-3, and 2-3 weapon slots, and 2 consumable slots.

No drastic changes in what's available for purchase and not available for purchase.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 31 July 2014 - 10:10 AM.

#43 Fut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:15 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 29 July 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

Want a zoom module and a radar mod so lrms are a little better? nope can't have. Want to drop 2 strikes every game? Sure no problem

You use Zoom for your LRMs?

#44 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

Maybe someone can ask him about global module refund on Twitter when module are changed back again in 2 patch so that Clan cant use Arty and IS can only use one of the both.

Edited by DAYLEET, 31 July 2014 - 10:39 AM.

#45 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 31 July 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

Maybe someone can ask him about global module refund on Twitter when module are changed back again in 2 patch so that Clan cant use airstrike and IS can only use one of the both.

that might not be a bad idea

#46 Fut

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 29 July 2014 - 07:02 PM, said:

My fervent hope is that the current weapon module system is a placeholder, and is intended to eventually represent weapons from different manufactures etc. at some time in the future. I remember someone, sometime mentioning that this was on a list of things to do. I'd be on board with that.

Every once in awhile I dream about Weapon Modules like this at night. It would make me very happy.
PGI has been so ******* lazy with the fluff in this game. There's no flavour text anywhere.
The write-up for the Medium Laser is still "A Medium weapon that deals medium damage and medium range" (<- something along those lines)

Please give us Weapon Modules with a hint of the game's expansive background in it.
At the very least, use Manufacturer's names for the names of the modules.....

#47 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 31 July 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

Maybe someone can ask him about global module refund on Twitter when module are changed back again in 2 patch so that Clan cant use airstrike and IS can only use one of the both.

Why on earth can't clan mechs use air strikes?

Even with Zellbrigen, and even during the invasion, aerospace fighters were still used heavily. In fact, that's one of the castes.

Remember, clans only abide by zellbriggen when it is used by the enemy. If the enemy violates zellbriggen there is no need to abide by it, and that's the general policy.

#48 DemonRaziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 646 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 29 July 2014 - 07:02 PM, said:

My fervent hope is that the current weapon module system is a placeholder, and is intended to eventually represent weapons from different manufactures etc. at some time in the future. I remember someone, sometime mentioning that this was on a list of things to do. I'd be on board with that.

But we all know that placeholders tend to turn out so good that they eventually become the full features and their intended replacements get scrapped.

#49 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:39 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 31 July 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

Why on earth can't clan mechs use air strikes?

Even with Zellbrigen, and even during the invasion, aerospace fighters were still used heavily. In fact, that's one of the castes.

Remember, clans only abide by zellbriggen when it is used by the enemy. If the enemy violates zellbriggen there is no need to abide by it, and that's the general policy.

I meant Arty, they can't use arty but they can use air strike. IS can only use 1 of both so enjoy it while it last.

http://mwomercs.com/...68#entry3597868

Edited by DAYLEET, 31 July 2014 - 10:41 AM.

#50 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:41 AM

View PostR Razor, on 29 July 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

You should start more threads complaining about the module changes, two certainly isn't nearly enough.

He did. There are 3, including this one. Lol

mwomercs.com/forums/topic/166309-who-thinks-the-new-module-system-was-a-good-idea
mwomercs.com/forums/topic/166239-why-does-the-new-module-system-feel-like-3pv-all-over-again/page__p__3593272#entry3593272

#51 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:52 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 31 July 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

I meant Arty, they can't use arty but they can use air strike. IS can only use 1 of both so enjoy it while it last.

http://mwomercs.com/...68#entry3597868

You know. I think this might be a step in the right path.

It definitely reduces spammability.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 31 July 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#52 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

View PostZolaz, on 31 July 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

Not that your question isn't valid, but one the best ways to ensure you do not get a response is to basically demand someone from a game studio respond to you.

I won't go into too many reasons for this, but at the least it sets a very bad precedent.

#53 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:15 PM

I fail to see how this module change is that drastic a change. For most mechs, you can take the same modules as before. 2 mech modules +1 with mastery (when they patch that) and a consumable and 2 (currently useless) weapon modules. That's one less mech module for only a small number of mechs. Nerfing those mechs might be considered a balance tweak.

#54 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:16 PM

I don't understand what the problem is, you have 120 million cbills worth of modules, why can't you use them now? Did you always use 3 non-consumable modules? 2 Isn't enough?

I like the new module system, gives you a reason to take weapon modules, going to limit to 1 strike per person next patch.. I don't get what the issue is.

#55 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:26 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 31 July 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

I like the new module system, gives you a reason to take weapon modules, going to limit to 1 strike per person next patch.. I don't get what the issue is.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet so I haven't really commented one way or the other but this I sincerely doubt. Just because I have an extra slot now doesn't mean I'm going to add a crappy weapon module. Weapon modules suck. I'm not doing ANYthing that adds heat to my mech. I'm definitely not doing it for 10 meters of range.

#56 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 31 July 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

Weapon Modules still mostly suck. Even with 2 free slots dedicated to them, I don't use any because a very minor, very situational range benefit is not worth a permanent global detriment.

As such I lost useful module slots (mech slots) for 2 slots that basically do nothing. This is a loss, not a gain.

Lastly, my issue is that the devs seem to think their changes have somehow moved us down the path towards roles or role warfare.

This is misguided and confused at best, and outright false at worst.

Everyone will still be using the same modules they always did, they will just be using less of the more fringe modules.

And right now weapon modules aren't some critical build defining choice. Even if they didn't suck, if you use Medium lasers you would take...the one single available medium laser module.

Posted Image

This is a 0 choice option, a no brainer.

It adds zero depth to mech builds, and as they are currently designed weapon modules also add 0 real value.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 31 July 2014 - 12:33 PM.

#57 RetroActive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 31 July 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

I fail to see how this module change is that drastic a change. For most mechs, you can take the same modules as before. 2 mech modules +1 with mastery (when they patch that) and a consumable and 2 (currently useless) weapon modules. That's one less mech module for only a small number of mechs. Nerfing those mechs might be considered a balance tweak.

Did they mention that they are going to change the number of mech module slots? Currently MOST mechs only have one mech module slot before mastery...

#58 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostRetroActive, on 31 July 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

Did they mention that they are going to change the number of mech module slots? Currently MOST mechs only have one mech module slot before mastery...

they have adjusted some mechs to carry more I believe. The list is in the patch notes IIRC Sadly the Stalker is not one of them :)

#59 DemonRaziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 646 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

View PostSandpit, on 31 July 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

they have adjusted some mechs to carry more I believe. The list is in the patch notes IIRC

Yes. Some 'Mechs. That means that most 'Mechs are now one 'Mech module short.

That makes the following quote invalid:

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 31 July 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

That's one less mech module for only a small number of mechs. Nerfing those mechs might be considered a balance tweak.

Also, JR7-K called and wanted a word with you, JZ. Gotta say, he didn't sound too happy.

#60 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:54 PM

View PostUltimatum X, on 31 July 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

Weapon Modules still mostly suck. Even with 2 free slots dedicated to them, I don't use any because a very minor, very situational range benefit is not worth a permanent global detriment.

As such I lost useful module slots (mech slots) for 2 slots that basically do nothing. This is a loss, not a gain.

Lastly, my issue is that the devs seem to think their changes have somehow moved us down the path towards roles or role warfare.

This is misguided and confused at best, and outright false at worst.

Everyone will still be using the same modules they always did, they will just be using less of the more fringe modules.

And right now weapon modules aren't some critical build defining choice. Even if they didn't suck, if you use Medium lasers you would take...the one single available medium laser module.

Posted Image

This is a 0 choice option, a no brainer.

It adds zero depth to mech builds, and as they are currently designed weapon modules also add 0 real value.

But now a mastered mech can have 2 Consumables, AND 2 mech modules. So now instead of taking Cool shot, Arty, and Radar Dep, you can take cool shot, arty, radar dep and seismic... I see benefit there. Also, in regards to role warfare it sounds like they are going to be getting more creative with consumables and modules in general to support role warfare, we will see how that turns out.

And yeah weapon modules suck but I'll add some range to my AC5s for a low cost of heat.. whats the big deal? I am curious why some weapons have modules and others don't? You can also take AMS overload, AMS range, AND 2 mech modules and 2 consumables... That would make for a great anti-lurm Kit Fox.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users