The Final Puzzle Piece Needed To Remove Ghost Heat.

1 reply to this topic

Poll: The Final Puzzle Piece Needed To Remove Ghost Heat. (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you believe the suggested system is better than ghost heat?

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No (5 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

3. Maybe so (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Quizzical Coconut

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:50 PM

A few weeks ago I created a thread with a large amount of info related to the game (and its flaws). Ghost heat, while probably not fresh on peoples minds, has always been an ugly solution to a tough problem. I was able to think up a way to remove everything from the ghost heat tables... except PPCs. However, very recently I came up with an idea that adresses the problem of boated PPCs while being far more intuitive than what we have now. The suggestion is as follows:

What I propose is that PPCs, no matter how many you have, can only draw a certain amount of power at a time, but dps remains unaffected. This means that:

2xPPC = 20 alpha and 4s reload.
3xPPC = 20 alpha and 2.66s reload.

and so on...

(And to make it clear, the damage/heat ratio will be preserved as well, meaning 6.66 damage per PPC = 6.66 heat per PPC.)

Combined with my earlier suggestions (in that big thread with lots of words) in regards to Ghost Heat (and lots of other things), the only thing this would leave on ghost heat is SRMs, which arguably don't need to be on there anyway.

Do you believe that this suggestion would be a better solution to boated PPCs than ghost heat? I suppose the poll will tell.

Edited by Quizzical Coconut, 30 July 2014 - 12:46 AM.

#2 Draykin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 154 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:39 PM

That... is not a very good solution at all, to be brutally honest. Ghost heat exists for more than PPCs, and your suggestion kinda ruins literally any build that has more than 2 PPCs. What is the point of taking 3 if you only get the damage for 2? And on top of that, if having more lowers the CD of the PPCs, you have broken something sacred: Doing 20 damage every ~2.5s, PPFLD. I know of builds that can fire 2 PPCs at least 4 or 5 times before overheating, and if the damage and heat all stays the same.... Ruiner of Lives is what happens.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users