6 replies to this topic

#1 Iron Angel mk1

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:49 AM

Posted Image

The best part is it was a Dire Wolf in a pug match. My team didn't abandon me or anything! I did get legged towards the end which made me laugh and cry in equal measure as I crawled around at 28 kph. At least I survived the whole match limping around.

My loadout was 4 CERML, 2 UAC10, 1 UAC20. I sent an Atlas running for cover, so I felt good about that.

Posted Image

I like how the automatic resize Photobucket does makes the arms say "AHMUH" instead of "ARMOR". I read it in Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice, which is pretty fitting I suppose.

And this is Vargr, the mech that performed this feat.

Posted Image

I've only been playing about a week but I've played games like this before and I can't take all the credit, my team covering me from a couple potentially nasty rushes from lights trying to flank me really made the difference in what I was able to put downrange. To take all the credit would be a disservice, so credit to everyone from my Lance who stuck around and covered me as I pushed in.

How long did it take for everyone else to finally see 1k+? I'm fully aware this won't be normal but I'd like to think this is a decent indicator that I'm improving from my starting day where I would just run out and die first.

#2 Zplayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:16 AM

You might be better off having a mix of ammo on each arm, that way if you lose an arm you can still fire all weapons - providing you have enough left of course.

Then again I'd probably be tempted to swap out those 2 x AC10's for another AC/20 but hey ho. . . that would free up a lot of space for more or heavier lasers/PPC etc.

Good game anyway!!

#3 Iron Angel mk1

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:33 AM

I had the 2 AC20s but the ghost heat was murder. This guy runs pretty hot on the burst as it is WITHOUT the ghost heat, and on top of that, it would leave me with weight I cannot use since every slot is already taken anyway. With this I get no ghost heat from anything, which is great.

#4 Zplayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

I run a bit hot in mine too but rolling with the LB20-X AC'scurrently:

DWF-PRIME

The 2 x C-ER LRG Lasers and LRM20 is good for range and the LB20-X AC's blow limbs off everything up close lol - I'm still tinkering with it though :P

#5 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

Congrats. :P It's something I've only done twice, though I lean to the light/medium mechs. First was in a Yen Lo Wang (AC/20 and ERLL), and I had a disarmed atlas all to myself at the end.

The second was much more recent and in a Timber Wolf with 2 C-ERLL and C-AC/20. I got 7 kills and 5 assists in that match. And I just now noticed the similarity in weaponry...

Here's to your next one!

#6 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

Posted Image

May this be the start to a fine, explosive, menacing MechWarrior career!

#7 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 888 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

Congrats man :D

I have 11,000 matches under my belt, and I know full well any time you push 1,000 damage its always a good feeling. Wish you many more extraodinary matches in the future :)

Edited by Flyby215, 31 July 2014 - 07:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users